aberdeen-music

New gear 2010

Old Gold

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Ordered today:up:' date='delivery September:down:[img']http://fender.com/themes/products/images/prod_images/basses/0194692721_xl.jpg

That looks gorgeous dude, how much did it set you back?

Guest droid
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

That looks gorgeous dude, how much did it set you back?

Best part of 1400.....

I have been stalking these since December, I finally managed to snag one and it arrived on Friday. 1981 Gibson Victory Artist bass. I got it for a song but it's in a cosmetic mess - been badly resprayed, the pickguard etc. painted with what looks like silver Hammerite, and for the final "why, dear God, why?" - had the back of its neck singed.

mess01.jpg

mess03.jpg

mess08.jpg

mess11.jpg

mess12.jpg

The restoration has begun at the top:

03-shiny.jpg

Just went and tried out a Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster.

Holy fuck.

Not just a great guitar "for the money", a great guitar full fucking stop.

Flawless double bound 1 piece body, beautiful rosewood fingerboard and it sounded amazing.

I need to find 300 quid from somewhere. I really can't believe you can get guitars of this quality for the money these days.

Tried out the Thinline model and while it was lightweight and still a nice guitar it just wasn't in the same league as the Custom.

• 1 month later...

I bought a Boss Loop Station couple of weeks ago. Having a blast making absolutely hideous collages of noise. Its great for figuring out second guitar parts too. The drum sequencing is shite though, but I never really wanted it for that.

Noisy as fuck with a power supply though, which is a cunt, because it eats batteries for breakfast.

It will look like a lunchbox in comparison to yours. I think it's 20inches wide, or there abouts. Big enough for my micro machine pedals.

I'm going to buy a Napalm Snowball next week. It's an FX loop which mashes the fuck out of the signal from FX pedals in completely different ways depending on the type of FX. Sounds absolutely hideous.