aberdeen-music

Rage for Xmas number 1?

timson

They probably expected (and asked prior to performance) a band that is being broadcast to the general public (including children) mid-morning not to say 'fuck' on air a bunch of times.

A band who are in their 40's no less. I love Rage and I'm not saying you should lose your anger once you reach a certain age but screaming "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" on national radio in the middle of the day having been explicitly asked not to, just to create a fuss....well, that's just embarrassing. I don't think there was ever any intelligent reason behind this stupid campaign but this just made it Simon Cowell, the twat V The noisy middle aged men who said "fuck you" on BBC radio.

Think for yourselves kids.

A band who are in their 40's no less. I love Rage and I'm not saying you should lose your anger once you reach a certain age but screaming "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" on national radio in the middle of the day having been explicitly asked not to, just to create a fuss....well, that's just embarrassing.

I agree. It was as embarrassing as that time the Sex Pistols were on that chatshow swearing and giving the fingers and stuff (not that I was born then probably). Like when one of your teachers casually swore in front of the class to try look cool, usually whilst straddling the back of a chair during a discussion about the drug laden sub-text in Alice in Wonderland or something.

It was as embarrassing as that time the Sex Pistols were on that chatshow swearing and giving the fingers and stuff (not that I was born then probably).

I'm assuming you have never actually seen the footage of that event? Because it doesn't sound as if you have....lumping a band from 30-odd years ago in with RATM today seems a bit strange....the context of the Sex Pistols event was much different, it was actually pretty shocking to have someone say 'fuck' on the telly at teatime in the mid-70's

I'm assuming you have never actually seen the footage of that event? Because it doesn't sound as if you have....lumping a band from 30-odd years ago in with RATM today seems a bit strange....the context of the Sex Pistols event was much different, it was actually pretty shocking to have someone say 'fuck' on the telly at teatime in the mid-70's

Still funny to watch now though, especially as the Sex Pistols didn't even go on with the intention of saying rude words, one slipped out then a drunken Grundy goaded them into saying more.

Still funny to watch now though, especially as the Sex Pistols didn't even go on with the intention of saying rude words, one slipped out then a drunken Grundy goaded them into saying more.

Exactly, there were no two fingers raised or any of that...unfortunately the panto dame Lydon of recent years being hopelessly out of his era in combination with the cartoon that was Sid Vicious taints the Sex Pistols memory a tad...

• 9 months later...

This years campaign has begun:

BIRD is the WORD for UK Christmas number 1 2010 to beat X-Factor

520000 members so far. Ultimately pointless, but I'll probably still buy it just for the amusement value of getting it up Simon Cowell.

Current odds put the X Factor karaoke track at 5/2 and Surfin' Bird at 10/3, so they're anticipating a close one.

There's loads of these aren't there?

Best one I thought was Cage Against the Machine

JOHN CAGE'S 4'33'' FOR CHRISTMAS NUMBER ONE 2010 | Facebook

This one. I like the idea of the British public preferring 4 and a half minutes of silence rather than the musical dross produced by Simon Cowell.

I hope the x-factor song wins. Being asked to like shitty things on facebook is much more annoying than Simon Cowell. The thought that I might have to listen to a song from Family Guy every day at Christmas time :puke:

I'm quite sure X-Factor will win, all these competing campaigns will split the anti Cowell vote this time.

• 5 months later...