aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

There was no emotional bribery involved in that goal. That was 100% Korean Spirit. It was literally blood sweat and tears, as that Korean guy got his leg cut open by a nasty friction burn.

It was the same guy who was crying in the national anthem. Should have known then that he wasn't very thick skinned.

Sorry.

I wish I was watching this Chile v Honduras game, from what I know of Chile from qualifying they only know one way to play and that is all out attack.

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

An apparently not 100% fit Iniesta preferred over Fabregas...

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Fabregas isn't 1st choice for Spain. All of Spain's current 1st choice midfielders have had better seasons than him. Iniesta certainly looks lively enough but i guess Fabregas will come on in the 2nd half.

Guest Gladstone

Fabregas isn't 1st choice for Spain. All of Spain's current 1st choice midfielders have had better seasons than him. Iniesta certainly looks lively enough but i guess Fabregas will come on in the 2nd half.

I know he isn't first choice - that was my point!

Just read a stat that he has scored as many goals as Iniesta, Xavi, Alonso and Silva put together this season.

Does he still not get picked pretty much because he plays in England?

I haven't seen an awful lot of club football this season but I seem to remember praise being heaped on him for most oc the season.

I know he isn't first choice - that was my point!

Just read a stat that he has scored as many goals as Iniesta, Xavi, Alonso and Silva put together this season.

Does he still not get picked pretty much because he plays in England?

I haven't seen an awful lot of club football this season but I seem to remember praise being heaped on him for most oc the season.

A lot of his goals come from the penalty spot and to be honest there isn't much of a goalscoring threat at Arsenal at the moment so somebody's got to be scoring their goals. Having said that i'm not saying he's a bad player by any stretch, i just think the others offer more in a team sense.

Iniesta hasn't had the best season, as it's been hindered by injury, and Alonso, whilst being good, hasn't replicated what he did at Liverpool yet, as Real Madrid finshed second mostly because of Ronaldo and Higuain winning games single handedly. I'd definitely say Fabregas has had a better season than those two. He scores alot of penalties, but he's still scored alot more from open play than both, as well as dragging Arsenal through games by himself.

Still. a 100% fit Iniesta should always be first choice to partner Xavi. Xavi is incredible, but in the games when Iniesta was injured, he looked a little isolated. They work incredibly as a unit. They're almost considered as one player. They were penned in as one player in Four Four Two's 100 Greatest Players table.

5 minutes of added time? There's been one goal, and nothing else.The game isn't even being played at Old Trafford. What gives?

Not Switzerland, that's what. Spain are sill top contenders to win that group, neither Honduras nor Chile are quite so solid at the back so that should be 6 points and a second round tie against Korea DPR.

bah a major shock at the tournament and I blooming miss it! Still this is a decent game between South Africa and Uruguay. Forlan is bossing the game, good bit of punditing from the ever dependable Lawro regarding the ball... 'er it's only a ball'.