aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

That name your band at the door thing is just awful. I played a gig like that once, and "all the bands" wasn't an appropriate answer. It was back when that fucking dickhead keyboardist from the Kaiser Chiefs used to put on gigs at The Well in Leeds, and did zero promoting, expecting bands to put in all the legwork, bring in all the punters and have their performance tallied by a number of attendees. If you ever brought less than 20, you were BANNED. What a hideous prick. I'm glad he's travelling the world with his knobhead shithouse band, far away from promoting DIY gigs, the clueless twat. I didn't think people still did that.

• Upvote 1

This weekend looks pretty ace-ic.

Friday - some food with the burd. Then out in town with a few pals.

Saturday - booking tattoo, band practice, Carson Wells gig.

Sunday - Hang outs with a pal. then family dinner.

Tuesday - 21st. MAIN PRESENTS.

Actually, Tuesday's the 2nd.

• Upvote 2

Went to the tunnels last night, was fucking dead. Granted, I didn't see much advertising, and the first I knew about it was yesterday morning.

A fetish night was on at the same time, saw lots of fat people in pvc :(

I can't be doing with promoters not promoting. You'd think it would be an obvious thing to do if you are a promoter, PROMOTE THE GIG. Oh, and spamming Facebook doesn't count either, especially for freshers as THEY ARE UNLIKELY TO BE YR FRIEND. Painting the venue orange will also not be a major incentive to come in either. Flyers perhaps?! A poster or two?? Telling people at the university about it!!!>?!??! I hate all that shit.

Not too keen on fatties in PVC either.

Promoters who don't promote and end up with shit turn outs should be reciprocated with bands who don't play. Plug in, set up, line check, and then tell the promoter to eat a dick, pack your stuff back up and go home.

There's tons of promoters who don't even go to the gigs they put on and are meant to promote. One gig I played in Leeds, after 2 out of 4 bands had played, the promoter was seen getting on a bus outside of the venue, never to return. It wasn't even a "take the money and run" sort of scam. He just went home.

Shit promoters! URGH!!!

Exploding_head.gif

• Upvote 4

I can't be doing with promoters not promoting. You'd think it would be an obvious thing to do if you are a promoter, PROMOTE THE GIG. Oh, and spamming Facebook doesn't count either, especially for freshers as THEY ARE UNLIKELY TO BE YR FRIEND. Painting the venue orange will also not be a major incentive to come in either. Flyers perhaps?! A poster or two?? Telling people at the university about it!!!>?!??! I hate all that shit.

Not too keen on fatties in PVC either.

4 bar staff working in Drummonds on Saturday night at about 9pm, place was deid, bar staff all standing chatting. Maybe a good idea to go flyering as Belmont Street was heaving outside. Biggest problem with the place, limited or no promotion.