aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

4 bar staff working in Drummonds on Saturday night at about 9pm, place was deid, bar staff all standing chatting. Maybe a good idea to go flyering as Belmont Street was heaving outside. Biggest problem with the place, limited or no promotion.

That's not really Drummonds' problem, but instead the promoters' problem... I think that's what you meant.

Drummonds are pretty decent for promoting but most of the non-promoter stuff is only marketed through Facebook - decent if you're friends with Drummonds Aberdeen or whatever, not so much if you aren't.

That's not really Drummonds' problem, but instead the promoters' problem... I think that's what you meant.

Drummonds are pretty decent for promoting but most of the non-promoter stuff is only marketed through Facebook - decent if you're friends with Drummonds Aberdeen or whatever, not so much if you aren't.

Aye that's what I meant - just seems like for some gigs, all the onus is on the bands to do the promotion where the bookers/promoters sit and do very little.

I don't think there should be an even split. Yes, you should expect the band to tell their mates, etc but the majority of promotion should be down to the promoter. That's their job. It's the job of the band to play the music.

Bang on. I think bands can promote at their discretion if they wish, but it should never be up to them, unless it is the band who are putting on their own gig.

I can only assume that this weekend Spoonie will be getting a lumbar puncture. This weekend: Friday - out for food and beer with some buddies Saturday - Das McManus EP launch in the afternoon; Orienteering/Min Diesel/Carson Wells gig at night Sunday - Sleeping followed by soccerball followed by watching NFL. EXCITING (especially the sleeping part)

Friday: Going to demolish a Curry or some Chilli. Undecided what's getting cooked but it will face meltingly spicy.

Saturday: Working during the day then nothing. Have zero plans. Any gigs on?

Sunady: Hopefully band practice although I'm not sure whats going on as our bassist is in LANDAN. Also at some point I'll be test driving a potential new car :D

YOUR DOING IT WRONG. She doesn't want you helping.

Nagging me to help is a funny way of showing it!

Trust me I'd rather be sat on my bum playing xbox. We're at the stage now where it's things I need to be inolved in. Like writing my speech (making sure everyone knows how much of a fucking LIAR Dave is) and sorting out iPod playlists for the stovies break.