aberdeen-music

Ridiculous stuff that happened at school

Soda Jerk

One time at school a bunch of folk decided to have a rock night in the main hall of the school.Things were going well until the rector came in and decided to call it off because of too much folk were moshing,it was a metal band playing (widely considered the best band in town at the time.)The band didnt want to leave the stage, instead they started a cover of Metalicas "So What!".Power got cut and all that was left was the drummer playing the away.The boy singing got excluded for a couple of days

Punk Rawk

A few pop in the mind but one, i also have a smile about. Sitting in groups in art class around tables. We all had our heads down work when the boy next too me, starts sniffing away. Looking around confused and pops his head up and ask the question. " Have you been drinking at lunch time, i smell booze." Not to release that the head of the art department was over his shoulder looking over his work. Hearing the comment swiftly moved away back to clean his teeth i quess. Ah

One time at school a bunch of folk decided to have a rock night in the main hall of the school.Things were going well until the rector came in and decided to call it off because of too much folk were moshing,it was a metal band playing (widely considered the best band in town at the time.)The band didnt want to leave the stage, instead they started a cover of Metalicas "So What!".Power got cut and all that was left was the drummer playing the away.The boy singing got excluded for a couple of days

Punk Rawk

Great stuff. My old band covered "So What" and "Last Caress" at a Montrose Academy gig. Teachers not impressed.

We also played one of our own songs that said fuck 4 times at the talent show, in front of grannies and little kids, as well as all the teachers. Rock and Roll rebels.

That was back in 1999, way before metal was anywhere near popular.

Great stuff. My old band covered "So What" and "Last Caress" at a Montrose Academy gig. Teachers not impressed.

We also played one of our own songs that said fuck 4 times at the talent show, in front of grannies and little kids, as well as all the teachers. Rock and Roll rebels.

I remember skipping maths one time and watching you and a couple of guys soundchecking. At least think it was you, did dog play with you?

i entered my school talent show as part of an acoustic duet and got kicked one of the auditions for doing a cover of Nofx's "Liza and louise"

Man. High school bands. A fully acceptable excuse to play completely shit-awful music whilst retaining full credibility. Gone are those days. Now you have to be "good" or nobody likes you. Fuck you and your rules!

Aye, who would of thought that leaving school would mean I couldn't get away with playing ropey Nirvana covers anymore. Bastards the lot of you!

I remember skipping maths one time and watching you and a couple of guys soundchecking. At least think it was you, did dog play with you?

nah, his band was called unhinged and they were way worse than us. And we weren't exactly good!

adam stachura drummed in that band.... terrible nu-metal covers.

Guest idol_wild
Quite possibly. If it was 1999 and you heard rubbish covers of Metallica and Symposium songs then it was definitely us!

Jesus. Which Symposium songs did you do?

I bet you did Easily Scared.

:band:

Jesus. Which Symposium songs did you do?

We did 'Circles, Squares & Lines' and 'One Day At A Time'. Great tunes!

We also did 'Fade to Black', 'Last Caress', 'Nothing Else Matters' and 'So What' by Metallica, 'Monkeywrench' by the Foos, 'Kung Fu' by Ash. And a couple of our own tunes.

Only 2 of them are Metallica songs.You fascist.

Ok, we played the Metallica cover version of Anti Nowhere leagues "So What", and Metallica's cover version of the Misfits' 'Last Caress'. You pedant.

Nothing Else Matters was not a cover, although it featured orchestration by Michael Kamen.

Westhill Academy wasn't that bad. The spoiled little shits were irritating, but overall it was a non event really.

About the most 'insane' Westhill ever got was threatening to lock 1st years in the big lockers when they first got installed. Oh, and Recomio. Definitely not an insane school, though tormenting Rambo with subtle mockery was always great fun.

But really, all the fun stuff in Westhill happened outside of school.