aberdeen-music

The 'wondering about stuff' thread

Soda Jerk

There's no snow in the jungle buddy. Freezing to death wouldn't be a huge issue for you. Likewise chasing down your prey and ripping into with your teeth probably wouldn't be your best bet for nutrition.

I rest my case LOL

I didn't say jungle. You did. I said wild, since there's no jungles here, so I took this current climate into the equation... If we'd have evolved to be suited to that sort of habitat, then after millions of years, we'd possibly be capable of dealing with it. But, we're not, and it's got nothing to do with 'brain power'. Instead, we used intelligence to advance as a civilisation. We created tools and weaponry to hunt food, instead of brawling with it like other carnivores would. We even turned that into an industry. and so on.

We weren't always being born in hospitals and applying for mortgages. Before there was civilisation, the species we evolved from were in the wild. Consindering that we're not extinct kind of suggests that we dealt with it pretty well., don't you think?

I didn't say jungle. You did. I said wild, since there's no jungles here, so I took this current climate into the equation... If we'd have evolved to be suited to that sort of habitat, then after millions of years, we'd possibly be capable of dealing with it. But, we're not, and it's got nothing to do with 'brain power'. Instead, we used intelligence to advance as a civilisation. We created tools and weaponry to hunt food, instead of brawling with it like other carnivores would. We even turned that into an industry. and so on.

We weren't always being born in hospitals and applying for mortgages. Before there was civilisation, the species we evolved from were in the wild. Consindering that we're not extinct kind of suggests that we dealt with it pretty well., don't you think?

I'm convinced i'd be able to survive in the jungle. You, not so much.

You said a while ago you'd be able to kill another human if you had to, to survive, so you're probably right. I'd probably blow chunks before I'd even seen any blood. I'm just not made for killing. If I was to survive in the jungle, I'd probably just eat bananas, but even then, you're not supposed to have too much potassium.

Apostrophes. You know when you have one at the end of a word but its just on its own? In example, "that muffin is Ross' ". When do you do this?

yeah, when the word ends in s but the object in question belongs to that very fella.

otherwise it would be ross's, which is just retarded. like a cat wearing socks

Sheep and goats have the same type of hooves right?

2645kw7.jpg

I'm afraid I'm no expert on goat/sheep hooves but I was thinking of your typical sheep as found in this country, as far as I am aware they have not been recorded as climbing trees. Undoubtedly mountain goats used to zapping up the sides of rocky terrain are nimble and adept at balancing on narrow ledges, I suspect that picture indicates such a breed. Also that tree has individual limbs sprouting very low to the ground so allowing the goats to leap on and hence between branches rather than 'climb' as such. Hooves by design won't allow 'climbing', that to me suggests gripping and pulling up of weight, but I suppose if you take the basic concept of getting to a higher level then what those goats are doing would suffice.

"Anal answer over" - show me a pick of a typical Flossie in a tree then I'll be impressed.

Sheeps could climb trees, but they don't need to since all their food is on the ground. I bet they'd totally climb trees if they had to. This is of course pure speculation, although I bet there's a zoology department somewhere trying it.

I am pretty sure they are not designed to climb trees, but who knows?

I reckon there probably is someone, somewhere, who has been awarded a grant to research this. Probably because they said it was to try and find the cure for cancer.