aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Football is great. Possibly the most liked English football team are in the final, and possibly the most universally despised team in Europe are out.

Rafa is shite. Need a goal? Bring on Phillip Degen, goal machine. 171 career appearances. 5 goals. What a threat. Has he only got 2 strikers in his whole squad, both of which are injured? Kuyt's a winger, Benayoun is a winger though a much more capable striker than NGOG, Gerrard could probably do it, but then they'd have fuck all in midfield, Babel is a waste of space, time, money, air and life. If anyone could have gotten that goal, I'm glad it was Diego Forlan. If only it could have been Gary Neville.

I can's stand most of their line up. Dani Alves, Keita, Puyol, Yaya Toure can all do one. I like Pique and ovbiously Messi. I used to like Valdes, but seeing him trying to stop Jose from celebrating was a bit shit.

You don't Puyol??? Why? I think he's great, gives his all in every match.

Busquets and Alves are the only ones I dislike really. In general I think that Barca players are less guilty of diving and other negative behaviour than other highly paid players.

Putting the sprinklers on was pretty stupid though.

Hopefully Barca can go on to win the league.

Btw, living in Barcelona is my excuse for supporting the team.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to what should be two great European finals.

I'm going to see the Aberdeen game today. What should I expect? Haven't seen Aberdeen play in almost two years now!

christ, bet it'll be at least another two years before you're back eh? you should write to the club for a refund based on that pish.

christ, bet it'll be at least another two years before you're back eh? you should write to the club for a refund based on that pish.

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer; I'm not an Aberdeen fan! My friend (who is not an Aberdeen fan either) texted me last night asking if I fancied going, mainly just out of curiosity and partially for just wanting to see a game of football!

For what it was worth, as a total neutral at the game, it was great entertainment. I feel genuinely sorry for Aberdeen fans if that's what you have to put up with every week! How did Ifil, Grassi, Kerr, Young, MacLean and Mulgrew become professional footballers (on the basis of today alone) I will never know. Totally abject performance. Woeful stuff. The fact that the most determined player all game was a 17-year old substitute says a lot about the side!

Mark Kerr should be sold immediately. Can't believe he's getting a new deal. No leadership whatsoever. And christ, how long did it take Charlie Mulgrew to figure out Dougie Imrie's one trick? The amount of times he ran at Mulgrew only to cut inside and shoot with his left foot was ridiculous. Grassi is just not a footballer. Totally nasty player as well; the lack of discipline throughout the side was astounding.

Ah well, that's us relegated :down:

I thought getting thumped 4-1 at home by Airdrie was the season low, and then the absolute joke that was the 7-0 mauling by Caley took the fucking biscuit.

It's hard to know who/what to blame really. I know some Ayr fans are calling for Brian Reid's head but at the end of the day he did manage to get us promoted last season in a really tough second division group.

I think the most frustrating thing is we could have still stayed up despite getting completely outclassed by Airdrie and ICT in consecutive games and just threw it away. Nice to see a lot of goodwill towards Ayr from the Morton fans on the Pie and Bovril forums, a lot of them saying we were very unlucky and had the run of the match.

I genuinely hope Airdrie stay up after the play-offs, they deserve it. They've had a shocking season and managed to pull it back at the last minute, takes a lot of fight to do what they've done.

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer; I'm not an Aberdeen fan! My friend (who is not an Aberdeen fan either) texted me last night asking if I fancied going, mainly just out of curiosity and partially for just wanting to see a game of football!

You should just go down to Inverdee and choose from any number of games of a similar standard for free!

A rather aggravated McGhee interview:

BBC Sport - Tetchy McGhee defends position

Sounds like he walked away at the end? This whole "my record as a manager is excellent" argument does him no favours in my book. Prove it ye arrogant cunt.