aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I heard he had rejected a move to Hibs and will 99.99% not be coming back to us.

That means there is a chance he'll come back...I'm clinging onto that 0.01%!

And I agree with the Robson thing, he's a cracking player so can't understand why Celtic would get rid of him unless there is more to it behind the scenes.

Birmingham were awesome today. Usually those last 10 minutes are just United bombing forward against a flat back 10, but the few moments at the end were just as stretched as the whole game. A bit of confusion about the goal. It wasn't offside for me, since it came off a Brum player. Birmingham could have had a couple, but the Pole in Goal was in good form in the second half. They held up every long ball too, which was good to watch, but that sort of play encourages rash challenges, and Birmingham couldn't get any real flow to their attack.

Still. McLeish has got a good system assembled. They don't have the intelligence of Fulham, but they make up for it with consistency. 12 games unbeaten is fuck all to scoff at.

The only thing I could see wrong with the goal stems form the fucking stupid offside rule. If Shrek's not interfering with play, the defender doesn't need to make the run in front of him and doesn't score the o.g.

But I'd have given it, even if they are Stretford scum.

Fletcher's second booking was horrifically soft. If you're going to give out bookings for that, all games would be abandoned by half time.

Is Casalinuovo Argentinian for 'cheating arse'? Never a goal in a month of Sundays that one. :swearing:

Can't really complain about the result too much, got punished for not taking our chances, Goodwille's goal right at the end was a really good bit of skill.

Season over, unless Jocky Fritzl's mercs go and cock the league up.

Nae hapy tonight.

:down:

BBC text commentary lied. Togo still set to...well, to go.

Stirring display from B-ham. Last few minutes they were all over them and I can't remember the last time that's happened to Man U. They are quickly turning from a plucky team on a 'run' into just a plain old great, solid unit.

The only thing I could see wrong with the goal stems form the fucking stupid offside rule. If Shrek's not interfering with play, the defender doesn't need to make the run in front of him and doesn't score the o.g.

But I'd have given it, even if they are Stretford scum.

Fletcher's second booking was horrifically soft. If you're going to give out bookings for that, all games would be abandoned by half time.

Fletcher is a bit clumsy with his tackling and he seemed to be on his last warning. I think the referee had just had enough. If anything, Scholes should have walked for a number of horrible challenges, but I don't think he even saw a yellow.

Biggest grins of the day go to me and Stichman:

Dunfermline 7-1 Stenhousemuir.

Outstanding, first time we've hit 7 in a loooooong time.

Resounding :up:

Yas! What a game it was, I haven't seen anything that emphatic in years, if ever.

The Woods debacle looks like it could ruin all the hard work though. The entire crowd seemed to be aware of the problem before kick-off, but it seems that McIntyre, Leish et al were happy that he wasn't suspended. If there was any doubt at all, surely Woods wouldn't have played? Apparently the club are say they have correspondence from SFA assuring them he wasn't suspended. They better do, or this will be one massive embarassment.

More for persistent fouling than that tackle on its own, I would have thought...

Brum were awesome today - had a number of chances to win the game.

The boy Chucho is fast as fuck.

Aye, playing for a contract.

He's still got a year left doesn't he?

Still doesn't stop him from being sold or offloaded in the summer I suppose.

Miller looked like he had a good game for once as well. Funny how he's free to talk to other teams now...

Besides that both goals started by the ever improving Pawlett, looked like we dominated the game, we finished the 90 minutes with 11 men on the pitch and we're through to the next round. Can't ask for much more.

Yas! What a game it was, I haven't seen anything that emphatic in years, if ever.

The Woods debacle looks like it could ruin all the hard work though. The entire crowd seemed to be aware of the problem before kick-off, but it seems that McIntyre, Leish et al were happy that he wasn't suspended. If there was any doubt at all, surely Woods wouldn't have played? Apparently the club are say they have correspondence from SFA assuring them he wasn't suspended. They better do, or this will be one massive embarassment.

BBC say they've seen the list of suspended players which was sent to all the clubs before the cup round and Woods is on it:

BBC Sport - Football - Pars win in doubt over Woods row

Besides that both goals started by the ever improving Pawlett, looked like we dominated the game, we finished the 90 minutes with 11 men on the pitch and we're through to the next round. Can't ask for much more.

I actually feel quite optimistic about the Dons for the rest of the season. Some top quality young lads coming through such as Pawlett and if we get another signing or two in the transfer window then we should make some progress.

What a difference it makes having Pawlett and Fyvie both fit though. It's so hard to believe Fyvie is only 16, he plays like he has bags of experience and his decision making is spot on nearly every time. A real buzz seems to go up each time Pawlett gets the ball as he has such an ability of going passed defenders. Despite not being the most popular player among the fans I rate Maguire as well. He has bags of talent but needs a boot up the arse with his workrate, superb ball in for Lee Miller's goal yesterday but he needs to do that more often.