aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I am absolutely gutted for the guy. I still remember that Ganea tackle clear as day and it was absolutely horrific. Ganea is a prick of the highest order, who had little respect for player or ref:

I really hope Kennedy goes onto a coaching career or something similar.

I always thought it was a worse challenge than was made of it at the time. Think he only got a yellow? What a meaningless, shit game to effectively end your career in.

Egypt vs Algeria is gonna be some game. Huge Algerian population where I stay and when there's a match on they go absolutely mental. This one is their biggest for years, against their main enemies and there's already been trouble before the match. Tommorow is gonna be interesting.

Also, Ireland to tank France by a few goals to nil. With Ribery out and Benzema looking poor they've got nothing in attack. Traps is a legend for what he's done so far with the Irish team.

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

He'll either go into coaching or punditry, I can't see him leaving the game altogether. Really sad news like, he really looked like he was going to develop into an excellent defender. Would be nice if he got some kind of testimonial or something.

This is rather depressing. At least the BBC text update is quite funny and honest.

1627: I don't want to make anyone feel worse, but Scotland have been abject. If this performance doesn't get George Burley the sack, I'll be astonished. They can barely string one pass together.

1628: Barry Robson replaces Graham Dorrans for Scotland. It's like a roll-call of mediocrity.

1636: Derek Riordan comes on for Don Cowie for Scotland. Dear me.

Ireland are currently looking like a top class side. Miles ahead of the much loved but scrappy, Jack Charlton era cockney crew. If they lose this playoff they should be thouroughly disapointed. They've reduced the French to taking 40 yard pop shots. Perhaps Scotland need a Catenaccio Italian manager. Burley just isn't doing it for us, today was beyond dismal.

The SFA are a total joke.

You have Burley with a full vote of confidence off the back of the WC Qualifying campaign, "he's definitely the man to take us to the next Euros, blah, blah, blah".

Now set to lose his job over the back of a friendly defeat to Wales. Regardless of how we played it's a shocking way for an employer to conduct themselves. Surely if he was the right man a couple of months ago, he still is now?

Don't get me wrong - I think he should've been punted after failing to qualify for the WC; but this goes to prove what a mess the SFA are, and Gordon Smith is an idiot.

Guest Gladstone
Craig Levein, please.

Aye that would do. I just wish we'd never let McLeish go. I know Birmingham paid loads of money and we'd have had to stump up a fair bit of cash. But the short-sightedness of letting him go, means we paid a reasonable amount of money for Burley, will have to give him a decent pay off, and will now have to pay compensation for Levein (if he's the new boss).

All that money could have just been spent on keeping McLeish. With McLeish in charge I'm confident we'd have at least got to the play off this year. We've taken such a massive nose dive under Burley that we're at about the level we were under Vogts. All optimism surrounding Scottish football has just disappeared. Depressing as fuck.

The SFA are a total joke.

You have Burley with a full vote of confidence off the back of the WC Qualifying campaign, "he's definitely the man to take us to the next Euros, blah, blah, blah".

Now set to lose his job over the back of a friendly defeat to Wales. Regardless of how we played it's a shocking way for an employer to conduct themselves. Surely if he was the right man a couple of months ago, he still is now?

Don't get me wrong - I think he should've been punted after failing to qualify for the WC; but this goes to prove what a mess the SFA are, and Gordon Smith is an idiot.

Totally agree. The SFA just seem like a shambles of an organisation. Burley mentioned himself suggested that he needs support from the men above him after he kept his job after the Holland game. Gordon Smith doesn't offer much to be confident about and George Peat having to issue apologies for things he says in the media is amateur stuff.

Whoever is in charge I just hope there are changes within the team. Caldwell, Kenny Miller and McManus don't offer much and are liabilities at times. McManus and Caldwell have the turning circles of tankers in the North Sea and Miller has no eye for goal at all and a terrible first touch. I guess what may save the centre halves is, other than Berra, there aren't really any experienced defenders to come in.

I guess what may save the centre halves is, other than Berra, there aren't really any experienced defenders to come in.

Also doesn't help that in these friendlies Burley doesn't give any of the fringe players a start to get some experience under their belts.

Not just in defence.

Langfield shpuld have been given some time on the field.

Kyle should probably have started to see if he has anything to offer.

Kenny Miller is a complete joke.

Ah well, at least beer was on tap.

Guest Gladstone
Totally agree. The SFA just seem like a shambles of an organisation. Burley mentioned himself suggested that he needs support from the men above him after he kept his job after the Holland game. Gordon Smith doesn't offer much to be confident about and George Peat having to issue apologies for things he says in the media is amateur stuff.

Whoever is in charge I just hope there are changes within the team. Caldwell, Kenny Miller and McManus don't offer much and are liabilities at times. McManus and Caldwell have the turning circles of tankers in the North Sea and Miller has no eye for goal at all and a terrible first touch. I guess what may save the centre halves is, other than Berra, there aren't really any experienced defenders to come in.

I'm really disappointed in Gary Caldwell this season. He had a fantastic season last season and I was shouting for him to be Celtic and Scotland captain, but he's been dire this season. Completely dire.

As for McManus, ever since he was handed the Celtic armband, he's turned from a solid reliable no nonsense defender into a complete liability. It's blatantly obvious that he needs an experienced, intelligent defender alongside him before he can be at his best. Someone like David Weir, who has worked well alongside him for Scotland. But it's about time McManus grew up - he's no kid anymore. That stupid handball that could have lost us the game (I can't even remember who we were playing - it was an international), was so stupid it was unbelievable, and that tackle the other week was absolutely disgusting. That's not the sort of behaviour you expect from the captain of any team.

We need to give those boys a shake up at international level and club level. They need a firm boot up the arse. I don't know who Caldwell thinks he's kidding with all this talk of Celtic paying "what he's worth". If they paid him what he's worth based on this season, he'd be lucky to get a packet of space invaders every week.

EDIT: AND KENNY MILLER IS FUCKING PISH. Why can't managers see this? I could honestly do the same job that Kenny Miller is paid handsomely to do. He runs about, gets in the faces of defenders, makes a nuisance of himself. When gifted chance after chance in front of goal, and he does try, bless him, he ballses it up about 9 times out of 10. Until he plays against Celtic, and he finds an uncanny knack of finding the net. The cunt.

If they paid him what he's worth based on this season, he'd be lucky to get a packet of space invaders every week.

As Mr Caldwell's agent, I can assure you that my client has several interested parties in La Liga, the English Premier League and Serie A who have already enquired as to his availabilty and indicated their willingness to pay my client an entire box of Space Raiders every week, plus generous win bonuses of some Scampi Flavoured Fries that are only just past their "Best By" date.