aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

ok fair point about burley! since moving back to england, don't take so much notice of the scottish national team! the radio reported last night that they expected him to be sacked today but dont think thats happened has it?

so when burley does go which is looking sooner rather than later, who would you like to take over?

Guest Gladstone
Would nobody prefer Steven Fletcher over Lee Miller?

Yeah - I made my team selection all too hastily, and also forgot about Steven Fletcher. I just remembered about him a couple of minutes ago. I'd have him as first choice partner for Kris "mince pie" Boyd.

Obviously when I get the job, I'll think a little longer about my team selections. (Not much longer though)

Guest Gladstone
ok fair point about burley! since moving back to england, don't take so much notice of the scottish national team! the radio reported last night that they expected him to be sacked today but dont think thats happened has it?

so when burley does go which is looking sooner rather than later, who would you like to take over?

I've been offered the job already.

I'm currently negotiating a clause that means the SFA have to pay me 20 million if they ever want to sack me. The contract is for life too at 3 million a year.

All I did was tell them that Kenny Miller is shit, and at first they were completely astounded but then I backed up my claim with cold hard facts and youtube clips and they figured I must be a genius to have figured that one out when EVERYONE before me failed to spot it.

Sky Sports says Jim Jeffries is a favourite for the Scotland job.

Sweet Jesus.

Linked with every job that ever comes up in Scotland.

There's not a chance in hell that he'd get the national job...we need someone who is proven and will stabilise the team...oh God, thinking about it I bet that's exactly what they're thinking about JJ. Sweet Jesus indeed.

I'd probably leave the country.

[EDIT= I would genuinely rather have Calderwood.]

Linked with every job that ever comes up in Scotland.

There's not a chance in hell that he'd get the national job...we need someone who is proven and will stabilise the team...oh God, thinking about it I bet that's exactly what they're thinking about JJ. Sweet Jesus indeed.

I'd probably leave the country.

[EDIT= I would genuinely rather have Calderwood.]

Kevin Kyle will be on his own up front in 4-5-1 formation. Every single game. CAN YOU IMAGINE?!

I think the next manager will be Walter Smith.

Yeah...was thinking about this earlier. Contract at a troubled Rangers runs out in January, no money to buy players for the third transfer window running, stagnating and in danger of losing the 'legendary' status he has amongst the Rangers fans.

All makes sense.

Guest Gladstone
Yeah...was thinking about this earlier. Contract at a troubled Rangers runs out in January, no money to buy players for the third transfer window running, stagnating and in danger of losing the 'legendary' status he has amongst the Rangers fans.

All makes sense.

With Ally McCoist as his assistant.

I'm fine with this except they will play Kenny Miller in the first team.

Guest Gladstone

By the way, does anyone else feel sorry for George Burley?

He looks like a completely broken man. I think he truly believed he'd do a good job for Scotland, and really wants to succeed, but he just doesn't seem to have it in him.

I feel no ill will for him royally fucking up as Scotland boss, I don't think he did any of it on purpose. He's just out of his depth.

By the way, does anyone else feel sorry for George Burley?

He looks like a completely broken man. I think he truly believed he'd do a good job for Scotland, and really wants to succeed, but he just doesn't seem to have it in him.

I feel no ill will for him royally fucking up as Scotland boss, I don't think he did any of it on purpose. He's just out of his depth.

Yeah, exactly. I have massive amounts of sympathy for the guy.

The list starts out as possibilities for the job, then it just turns into a list of Scottish managers than the bookies can think of. Except Darren Ferguson!

Darren Ferguson! Never thought of him... He's a genuine contender, I reckon. He's as good as any SPL manager in terms of ability, not nearly as good as Walter Smith in the trophy department, but surely somewhere near capable.

Guest Gladstone

I'm genuinely happy.

More for Burley than anything else. I think it will be a relief for him more than anything. He appeared to be too proud to quit, but he clearly had lost faith in himself.

Now we need to get a new manager though. I'm now starting to think it may not be Walter Smith, although I'm also forgetting that we're not that far from January, so it may well be Smith.

I've a sneaky feeling that Jimmy Calderwood may just get the nod.