aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Every professional club has a group of supporters who can easily be regarded as a disgrace. In any football ground in Britain, you're never too far away from some discraceful, hateful, racist thugs. It just seems that Rangers got the lions share of them. And Leeds United.

This is the truth. I suspect maybe some newer clubs like Caley and Livi don't have that element because it's not entrenched in their psyche, passed down by generations of thugs but I could be talking out my arse because I've never sat with them.

Unfortunately, alongside mega-rad awesome dudes like myself, football attracts idiotic thugs whose first thought is how much they hate the opposition rather than hoping their team plays well.

Whenever I try to explain the appeal of football to my non-footy type friends (otherwise known as 'losers') I always say that it is as much a sport as it is a tribal, quasi-religious thing where everyone belongs to a camp. Having a club gives you a sense of shared belonging and camaradery. To the sensible supporters this means rallying together and spurring on your side in the hope for success. For the yobs, the sport/competition part goes out the window and it's a case of 'my lot hate your lot coz you lot aren't us'. It's just hatred in numbers.

I really don't understand the hatred that goes on in football. I'd much rather talk about formations and stats than how cuntish Rangers/Hibs/Warbury Warriors fans are. Bampots will be Bampots, there's as much normal fans at any club that can't be titsed with that whole side of being a supporter.

The Posh at home today. Should win it, as long as the bulk of our fans are more concerned with supporting the team and not protesting against Fat Ash and his cackle of cunts. McKail-Smith is out and he seems to be their most threatening player, so as long as we keep (George?) Boyd quiet we should be alright.

Would be absolutely fantastic to wipe the smile off of Fergie's cunty son's face with a 4-0 smashing, but it'll be a 1-0 scraper. At least we don't have to play against Chris Morgan this week.

The Posh at home today. Should win it, as long as the bulk of our fans are more concerned with supporting the team and not protesting against Fat Ash and his cackle of cunts. McKail-Smith is out and he seems to be their most threatening player, so as long as we keep (George?) Boyd quiet we should be alright.

Would be absolutely fantastic to wipe the smile off of Fergie's cunty son's face with a 4-0 smashing, but it'll be a 1-0 scraper. At least we don't have to play against Chris Morgan this week.

I hope you beat the scum from London Road today, there may be 3 leagues between us but we still hate them much more than what we could ever despise our newer local rivals such at the villagers from Histon or the chavs from Stevenage. Plus I get to hear Fergies embarrasingly poor post match when they've been humped interviews on Radio Cambridgeshire on the way home from United's game. :up:

Expecting a stroll in the park for Cambridge against Iikeston Town of the blue square north in the FA Cup this afternoon but need to wary of complacency. They have some major injury problems so we should have enough to record a comfortable win but this is the FA Cup and anything can happen especially given our recent form against so called lesser teams! Plus ye canna beat a wee cup run!

This is the truth. I suspect maybe some newer clubs like Caley and Livi don't have that element because it's not entrenched in their psyche, passed down by generations of thugs but I could be talking out my arse because I've never sat with them.

Unfortunately we tend to have quite a few Huns in our support. Due to their loyalty to the dark side, whilst also attending Caley or Thistle games in the Highland League. 'Their my 2nd team... and the like' :down:

I've only ever supported ICT though, due to my stubborn childhood attitude when my Dad attempted to make me a Dons fan. I was more interested in Guiseppe Signori :love: at Lazio than Joe Miller... o_O

Unfortunately we tend to have quite a few Huns in our support. Due to their loyalty to the dark side, whilst also attending Caley or Thistle games in the Highland League. 'Their my 2nd team... and the like' :down:

I've only ever supported ICT though, due to my stubborn childhood attitude when my Dad attempted to make me a Dons fan. I was more interested in Guiseppe Signori :love: at Lazio than Joe Miller... o_O

Huns, gads! I take it all back.

You were interested in the aforementioned football aspect rather than the tribalism as a kid (unless your Lazio interest was based in fascism as well as Signori!)

Away to flip a coin for Pittodrie today......

2-0 already! Andy Carroll and Jonas Gutierrez. If Jonas didn't get his Spiderman mask out for the celebration I'm gonna be pissed...

Right up ye, Darren.

And I fucking hate Chris Morgan, he's one of the biggest cunts in football. I hope Ian Hume ends his career next time they play.

The thing that annoys me about Chris Morgan is that he is actually a good centre back. He's strong and absolutely terrifying. He actually can tackle and muscle folk off the ball cleanly with ease, but he just turns into a big fucking thug and kicks lumps out of players completely unprovoked, and plays the innocent card.

If you're gonna be a violent twat, at least be honest about it like Roy Keane. "Yeah, I kicked him. I knew it was a red card before I kicked him. So did everyone else".

If he didn't spit his dummy out in every game, he'd be class. Urgh. Fucking prick. He needs to get his legs broken by an opposing colossal striker. That would kick a bit of compassion into him.

Guest Gladstone

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | C | Celtic | Behaviour of Celtic fans praised

This is why we're different (and better) than Rangers fans.

Now - Celtic fans shouldn't need praise for behaving themselves, it should just be the way it's done. Everyone should just be fucking grown ups. Unfortunately we have Rangers fans going to other cities/countries and making cunts of themselves and giving everyone a bad reputation.

I wish they'd hurry up and go bankrupt.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | C | Celtic | Behaviour of Celtic fans praised

This is why we're different (and better) than Rangers fans.

Now - Celtic fans shouldn't need praise for behaving themselves, it should just be the way it's done. Everyone should just be fucking grown ups. Unfortunately we have Rangers fans going to other cities/countries and making cunts of themselves and giving everyone a bad reputation.

I wish they'd hurry up and go bankrupt.

Done themselves proud there. That could have easily spilled into mayhem. What were the Hamburgers thinking? I know there's a link between them and Rangers but that's just mental, and disrespectful.

Looking forward to seeing how wonderful you lot are during today's minute silence before the Falkirk :up:

TGFITW my arse.

From BBC live text:

1248: Anyway, to the football - and we're underway.

1246: Generally impeccably observed. Poor show from a section of the away support.

1244:We're nearly at kick-off in Falkirk. First, a minute's silence on Remembrance Sunday.

Surely not from the greatest fans in the world...:popcorn:

Also Sky turned the microphones off - allegedly.

I was watching the start on tv and had BBC Radio Scotland on in the background; SKY DEFINITELY turned the microphones off/down. Singing etc clearly audible on the radio.

Apparantly the majority of TGFITW stayed outside the ground 'in protest' and sang their little ditties. That's why you could hear the boos and 'scum scum scum' chants from the Falkirk fans once the silence was over.

Guest Gladstone

I just turned on the football for literally the last minute - totally forgot about the 12.30 kick off. Anyone not respecting a minute's silence is a dick in my opinion.

At no point in my comments above did I say we are the greatest fans in the world - I don't agree with all that nonsense, I think we are generally a well behaved lot, and have received awards (well at least one that I can remember) for it in the past. My point all along is that we should not be lumped in with Rangers when it comes to Rangers fans' appalling behaviour.

As much as I will call any Celtic fan a tube for disrespecting a minute's silence, it is not even close to being on par with the behaviour of the thugs from the blue side of the city. I could live with any fans coming to Celtic Park and saying pretty much anything they want, booing minute silences etc (even if it was for someone like Tommy Burns etc) - at the end of the day, those are words/chants/call them what you want. It happens in every ground around the country - I'm not saying it's right, but it happens, and any Aberdeen fan trying to contend that Celtic are any worse than Aberdeen is lying. But, the minute it turns into mindless vandalism of another football stadium/cars in the street/etc or worse - violence against other fans/citizens, which is what Rangers have been getting up to a fair bit lately, it's something different all together.

Now - onto today's game. Gutted I just missed a 6 goal thriller... if it was a thriller. Turned it on at about 91 minutes, and Celtic were careering forward, only for Scott McDonald to fall over the ball. What a fud. Then he scored, but it was flagged offside. Samaras who the ball went to was about 2 yards onside, and looks like a poor decision. I get a little confused by the offside rule these days, but I think by the strict letter of the law, that goal should have stood, despite the fact when it came into the box originally McDonald was in an offside position. I think he didn't touch it until the "second phase" or some shit like that.

But - I won't moan about it because these things happen - and if I had it my way - any player in the 6 yard box would be "interfering in play" anyway - the offsides rule is complete bollocks these days!

Well done Falkirk - I think they came from behind to salvage the point?