aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I heard on Talksport there was crowd trouble at the huns game and their fans got tear-gassed in the ground. Ah well. :)

Yeah, they showed that at half time on sky. One of the coppers was proper going for it with his baton. Ace! I laughed then realised I was surrounded by Huns. Whoops!

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I heard on Talksport there was crowd trouble at the huns game and their fans got tear-gassed in the ground. Ah well. :)

BBC 5 live reporter Andy Gillies in Bucharest: "There has been some trouble in the section where the Rangers supporters are housed. Some visiting fans have clashed with the stewards. Seats were ripped up and thrown. Things appear to have calmed down a little bit, but for a few minutes things got extremely nasty."

from BBC live text BBC SPORT | Football | Wednesday football as it happened

It could be worse, you could be playing at the Kit Kat Crescent, like York City are, or the McCain's stadium aka "The Theatre Of Chips" like Scarborough.

Actually that's probably not worse than "Sportsdirect.com at St. James Park." It doesn't exactly roll of the tongue does it.

Anyway, things didn't end too well for the Theatre Of Chips.

Or the R Costings Stadium that is officially Cambridge's stadium name, it was the Trade Recruitment stadium before that... no-one gives a shit mind, it is and will always be The Abbey Stadium.

Haha, on the itv champions league highlights just now, Rob McLean and Terry Butcher just had the following exchange about Sergio Aguero:

TB: "He's got a better right foot than Maradona ever had"

RM: "He's not got the handiwork Maradona had though"

TB: " "

Quality!

Guest Gladstone

Terry Butcher is a tube. His accent annoys the fuck out of me. He's got that Englishman having lived in Scotland thing going on, but just a bit. (I've got mates who came to England as youngsters and speak nearly tcheuchter, but all have a slightly funny accent - it's impossible to describe - but I quite like this accent, but Butcher only has a little bit of this, presumably because he actually grew up in Englandshire somewhere).

So, yeah, he has that thing going on mixed with a slight Aussie accent. Seriously - how long was in Australia for? Just bugs me.

It's admittedly not as bad as Steve McLaren though...

Guest Gladstone

I just walked past the TV at work and heard a Rangers fan say something like:

"every time we go abroad we get treated like dirt"

That's all I heard - but I'm guessing it has to do with them getting a bit of a hiding last night.

Here's an idea:

Try fucking behaving yourselves when you go abroad.

I just walked past the TV at work and heard a Rangers fan say something like:

"every time we go abroad we get treated like dirt"

That's all I heard - but I'm guessing it has to do with them getting a bit of a hiding last night.

Here's an idea:

Try fucking behaving yourselves when you go abroad.

Martin Bain has said the the organisation at the ground was poor the the police were over-zealous. A great reason to rip out seats and throw them.

A complete Liverpool breakdown, a la Leeds/Newcastle would be brilliant to watch this season. I hope it happens. With absolute garbage fringe players like Ryan Babel, and concrete first teamers like Lucas, anything is possible. Insua looks terrible defensively too. All it will take is a decent fullback overlap and he'll be burying his head in the sand whilst 5 goals go in.

Benitez barely has a Plan A, so a Plan B is too much to ask, yet the owners couldn't even afford to pay him off, so they can't sack him.

Good times.

A complete Liverpool breakdown, a la Leeds/Newcastle would be brilliant to watch this season. I hope it happens. With absolute garbage fringe players like Ryan Babel, and concrete first teamers like Lucas, anything is possible. Insua looks terrible defensively too. All it will take is a decent fullback overlap and he'll be burying his head in the sand whilst 5 goals go in.

Benitez barely has a Plan A, so a Plan B is too much to ask, yet the owners couldn't even afford to pay him off, so they can't sack him.

Good times.

Grumble, grumble, grumble...

Guest Gladstone
Hamburg just had a massive card display of a Union Jack, with accompanying "No Surrender" banner.

Cntz.

I saw that - footy was on in the background last night. That was ridiculous. Only done to attempt to wind up the Celtic fans.

Was there any trouble from Celtic fans last night? I haven't heard if there was, but I'm guessing there wasn't. We generally manage to behave ourselves regardless of incitement.

I'm now certain that there was a massive amount of trouble just because I said that...

I saw that - footy was on in the background last night. That was ridiculous. Only done to attempt to wind up the Celtic fans.

Although it rages me because it was Hun propaganda, I do appreciate the sentiment.

In Munich for the Bayern v Aberdeen game, they showed a Nacho Novo goal on the big screens at half time (it was also half-time in the Rangers game that was being played that night), to 'update the fans' with the scores. It was entirely done to wind us up a bit, and it worked.

Similarly, Dons fans at Panathanaikos singing 'Olympiakos, Olympiakos...', although that got pretty scary. The Greek are certainly passionate.

Was there any trouble from Celtic fans last night? I haven't heard if there was, but I'm guessing there wasn't. We generally manage to behave ourselves regardless of incitement.

I'm now certain that there was a massive amount of trouble just because I said that...

I reckon they would have been on their best behaviour last night because the huns caused trouble so the bragging rights go to Celtic. That's what I'd do anyway!