aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I saw that - footy was on in the background last night. That was ridiculous. Only done to attempt to wind up the Celtic fans.

Was there any trouble from Celtic fans last night? I haven't heard if there was, but I'm guessing there wasn't. We generally manage to behave ourselves regardless of incitement.

I'm now certain that there was a massive amount of trouble just because I said that...

The OF = Scotlands shame the sooner they fuck off, the better.

I hope rasellick don't embarrass themselves over the w/e... :popcorn:

Guest Gladstone
The OF = Scotlands shame the sooner they fuck off, the better.

I hope rasellick don't embarrass themselves over the w/e... :popcorn:

What part of Hamburg's fans trying to wind up the Celtic fans, but the Celtic fans not rising to the bait results in Celtic being lumped in with that bunch of rioting thugs over the fence at the other side of the Old Firm as being Scotland's shame?

Here's some amusing pictures of the Rangers fans when they started rioting with the coppers at Osasuna a few years ago in the UEFA cup.

2007, Uefa Cup, last 16 Osasuna 1-0 Rangers Rangers fans clash with Spanish riot police at a Uefa Cup match in Pamplona. The club blamed Osasuna for a lack of segregation and they were also fined, but the Ibrox club were only fined 8,280 after Uefa heard of Rangers efforts to eradicate the problem.

4haxjzo_1.jpg

HERE YOU! I'LL FUCKING DAE YOU YOU SPANISH CUNT!

Police start to retaliate.

73576917hu3jb9_1.jpg

Whit? I'm no looking for no trouble pal, leave me alone!

I love the last line of this quote as well.

As the rest of Europe was being treated to television footage of their supporters violence during Wednesday nights Champions League match' date=' Rangers returned home yesterday to find that Uefa has issued them with a charge of improper conduct. [b']The ugly clashes with stewards at the Steaua Stadium in Bucharest, where the Ibrox side drew 1-1 with Unirea Urziceni, would be shocking were they not so depressingly familiar.

Guest Gladstone

I just had a rant about Rangers fans to my mate in an e-mail. Trouble seems to follow them wherever they go. They should just get booted out of European competitions.

I think the SPL should make a stance and sanction them too. Dock 10 points or something similar. If you fine the club it will make zero difference to the mentality of these mindless thugs that support them. Get them out of Europe (though it's doubtful if they'll make Europe next season anyway...) so they physically can't cause any trouble, but also do something that's going to get through to these guys causing the trouble. Take some of their SPL points off them so that winning the league this season will be a massive struggle. If they misbehave again, take some more points off them. In fact we should dock points for all previous rioting in Europe over the past few seasons. Let's get the fuckers relegated.

Chelsea's transfer ban has been suspended, and Chelsea now owe a 100 or so thousand Euro's to the club they poached from. I'm sure that's probably pocket change to Roman, and not even a weeks worth of John Terry's wages. I quite liked how FIFA stepped in intitially, and laid down an absolute bastard of a punishment to really set an example. I think we all kind of knew it wouldn't stick. The way its been implemented and then revoked reminded me of that bit in the Simpsons where Lisa gets banned from the museum. "You! and your children! and your children's children!!!.... For 3 months".

The party that has been hit with the heaviest of penalisations is the player himself. He owes a considerable amount of money considering his age, and its hard to fully blame him if Chelsea were persistant with their poaching. He probably thought he was doing the best for his career, going to a club with a renowned academy for developing young players, who play in a prestigious league. Or maybe he did just come out and say "Fuck this shit!" and packed his bags for London Town. Who knows?

It's a shame FIFA didn't have the stones to go through with it in the end.

I would love to see the Huns relegated. We can all dream...

Let's say, hypothetically, it's the last game of the season. The Dons (or whoever you support) are top of the league and Rangers are bottom. The last match of the season is Rangers v Celtic - If Celtic win, they leapfrog us to win the league, but Rangers get relegated. If Rangers win, Aberdeen (or whoever you support) finish top of the league, but Rangers stay up.

What would you choose?

What part of Hamburg's fans trying to wind up the Celtic fans, but the Celtic fans not rising to the bait results in Celtic being lumped in with that bunch of rioting thugs over the fence at the other side of the Old Firm as being Scotland's shame?

I wasn't really meaning the game last night as I didn't watch it so I can't really comment. I should have dissected your quote a bit as it was more this sentence I was referring to:

We generally manage to behave ourselves regardless of incitement.

OK so Celtic don't have the same reputation as Rangers when it come to fighting/rioting but they still have their elements that love to spout bile and pish about the IRA.

As I said before the sooner they both fuck off out of Scottish football the better.

It'll never happen though, which is a real shame. :down:

Here's some amusing pictures of the Rangers fans when they started rioting with the coppers at Osasuna a few years ago in the UEFA cup.

Ye dinna mess wi the Spanish Bobbies. The UK is quite different than a lot of continental countries in that respect and the daft vile hun scum cunts probably didn't realise that.

Just looking at any random section of Rangers fans has always made my skin crawl.I was going to make some point comparing policing in the UK and Europe but I've started thinking directly about Rangers fans and I just want to focus on hate now.

Ewwwwww. Dirty Huns. Ehhhhhh. They are sooooo horrendously detestable. Even seeing the Hun badge causes me to recoil in distaste. I'm usually such an easy going man with time for everybody but there's something about their fucking AURA that just REEKS of SATAN'S VOMIT AND SHIT which is doing a disservice to the old devil but there's nothing in the world or beyond that can truly describe the STENCH.

Peace :love:

It's not a FIFA decision to lift the transfer ban on Chelsea so I wouldn't moan too much about them yet (not about this one anyway). Chelsea put in an appeal on the verdict to the court of arbitration for sport and until there's been a decision one way or the other they're free to go about their business as usual.

I'm not overly happy that it's turned out that way because it gives them a window in which to bolster their squad before the transfer ban might come back into effect and it would have been much more fun to see them with an aging set of players without a way of replacing them for 2 years.

As long as the ban is upheld in the end I'll still be satisfied but if it does end up being completely overturned on appeal it sets an unpleasant precedence.

Ah yes, there was an acronym who they appealed to, but I couldn't remember it, so I went for the acronym I can remember. FIFA. I tend to blame alot of Footballing decisions on Blatter or Platini, so it came all to naturally to slot them into a rant again.

They are going to be stockpiling players this winter now aren't they? Anyone who is under the age of 23 and has a bit of pace will be wearing a Chelsea squad number of 45 and above come February. Isn't there a limit on how many players they can name in a squad, though?

Guest Gladstone

I've just decided that I want Rangers to fold. I was against this because I like the rivalry and all that pish.

However, for the reason that Celtic and Rangers constantly get treated as one entity, i.e. the "old firm" by everyone, we automatically get tarred by their disgusting brush.

We are by no means innocent, and do certainly have an element of complete and utter dicks (like every other football club in the planet) who spout vile about the IRA and all that shite. But, as an ex-season ticket holder, and having been to a reasonable amount of games in my life, I can honestly hold my hand up and say there is more vile comes out of the Dick Donald Stand at Pittodrie than any part of a Celtic stand I've ever been in.

I don't think the Dons fans are a bad bunch, in fact, most of the stuff that gets shouted out from the Dick Donald stand is very funny and witty, but it is very often accompanied with some vulgar/vile statements etc. I was at the Bayern Munich match and the amount of vile aimed at Toni was unbelievable. I've also been to a few league matches and European matches in the past couple of seasons at Pittodrie and there is a LOT more of this goes on from the Dick Donald stand than at Celtic Park (in my experience).

And, I guess my main point is that football fans are a bunch of twats. Most of them just for the 90 minutes within the ground, and most of them don't back up their vile shouting/abuse with physical violence in or outside the ground.

This is where Rangers appear to be different. The amount of bother they've managed to get themselves in in just 2 and half season in Europe is ridiculous. Celtic have been around Europe to many different cities, and are generally welcomed wherever they go, much like Scotland fans, and Aberdeen fans were (apart from Madrid to an extent as the heavy handed bobbies skelped with the baton first, asked questions later). Why is it that everyone else can visit other cities/countries without this trouble but Rangers fans can't?

Total and utter morons.

Luca Toni was giving it back just as much to the fans in the South Stand. It was banter and he took it that way, very well.

I hate Rangers, and I hate Celtic and that will never change.

I also dislike Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United but none of those three will ever come close to my feelings towards the OF.

Celtic and Rangers are lumped together and viewed as one entity because they themselves take this stance as long as it benefits them. This 'intense rivalry' bollocks is fair enough fan-to-fan but Martin Bain and Peter Lawwel are fucking bum chums when it comes to trying to sap as much cash out of the Scottish game as possible.

Guest Gladstone
Luca Toni was giving it back just as much to the fans in the South Stand. It was banter and he took it that way, very well.

I hate Rangers, and I hate Celtic and that will never change.

I also dislike Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United but none of those three will ever come close to my feelings towards the OF.

Celtic and Rangers are lumped together and viewed as one entity because they themselves take this stance as long as it benefits them. This 'intense rivalry' bollocks is fair enough fan-to-fan but Martin Bain and Peter Lawwel are fucking bum chums when it comes to trying to sap as much cash out of the Scottish game as possible.

I wasn't talking about the South Stand. I was in the Dick Donald Stand, and it was quite bad.

I'm not trying to make a point that Dons fans are better or worse than Celtic fans. I'm trying to make the point that Celtic fans are nowhere near as bad as Rangers fans. Rangers fans (not as an entirety, I know many perfectly well mannered/non-violent Rangers fans) are a level below other sets of fans in terms of their behavour at football matches, particularly when travelling. The amount of incidents that have followed them about is no coincidence and it's certainly not just a run of bad luck or everyone else causing the problems as they keep trying to claim. What Rangers need to do as a club is stand up and say "our fans' behaviour on x occasion was unacceptable and we will do our best to find the ones at the heart of the trouble and ban them". Then they have to actually go and do it. Once guys start getting banned for their unacceptable behaviour, others may just start behaving a bit better. The problem Rangers then have is that so many of their fans are fucking morons, that they could lose a lot of revenue, and I'd say this is probably the reason they haven't been more pro-active.

And I completely accept your point that the old firm are lumped together all the time through their efforts, which is why I'd be quite happy if Rangers just disappeared, then there could be no "old firm" you could all just vent all your rage at Celtic. ;)