aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I love Championship football.

2-0 right up the prick Warnock, and a couple of goals (including an absolute peach from Raylor) from two of the most uninspired signings we've ever made. Just waiting for some really shitty news to come our way and rain on our parade now.

In contrast, Bayern Munich are suffering from their worst start to a season in absolutely ages.

Totally, like i said earlier they are by no means a shoe-in for the title.

:laughing:

Grow up for gods sake. I thought you said you didn't do anything yet you're back baiting with that tiresome laughing smiley that you only seem to do because you haven't really got anything relevant to say.

what the fuck is your problem?

What the fuck is yours? Sam wasn't even trying to be funny, he was making an observation for christs sake. It wasn't even a joke at my expense just someone making a statement so why did you feel the need to try and make it into one? Why can't you resist trying to belittle me? What was the point in posting that laughing smiley quoting something that somebody else said about what i had said?

I don't have a problem reading about your insights into football, you clearly know your stuff, but you can't seem to resist having sly digs or subversively taking the piss out of me. If you're not then i really don't understand your motivation for doing it. It's tiresome and childish.

I don't understand why you can't just leave it alone or for the love of god use the ignore function on my posts if you despise my views or support of particular football teams enough. Do me a fucking favour.

I'm not sure he's still with her actually. She's certainly a step up from Danielle Lloyd though :p

I dunno. It depends what you're after; if catching a bucketload of STD's is your thing, then you're probably better off with Danielle Lloyd...

Why did I put Bobby Zamora in my fantasy team ahead of Defoe? Fucking clown.

I heard Andrew Johnson almost got broken in half.

BTW who's that in your avatar? It looks like Lily Allen...

yeh looked like he was holding his shoulder when he walked past, think the challenge was at the other end of the pitch though so didn't get a good look.

and yeh it's lily, it was either her or katy perry...:up:

What the fuck is yours? Sam wasn't even trying to be funny, he was making an observation for christs sake. It wasn't even a joke at my expense just someone making a statement so why did you feel the need to try and make it into one? Why can't you resist trying to belittle me? What was the point in posting that laughing smiley quoting something that somebody else said about what i had said?

I don't have a problem reading about your insights into football, you clearly know your stuff, but you can't seem to resist having sly digs or subversively taking the piss out of me. If you're not then i really don't understand your motivation for doing it. It's tiresome and childish.

I don't understand why you can't just leave it alone or for the love of god use the ignore function on my posts if you despise my views or support of particular football teams enough. Do me a fucking favour.

Jesus.

I thought it was funny because he was raining on your parade, the ole GIRFUY makes me smile. Shite, I'm human. Why not take it with a smile and a pinch of salt like everybody else does?

You know my thoughts on your armchair fan thing, I've said it before and i'll no doubt say it again (often in a transparent manner)

If your irritation has gotten to a level where it actually bothers you, man up and phone me/discuss face to face, you have done it before so I don't see what the problem is.

Jesus.

I thought it was funny because he was raining on your parade, the ole GIRFUY makes me smile. Shite, I'm human. Why not take it with a smile and a pinch of salt like everybody else does?

You know my thoughts on your armchair fan thing, I've said it before and i'll no doubt say it again (often in a transparent manner)

If your irritation has gotten to a level where it actually bothers you, man up and phone me/discuss face to face, you have done it before so I don't see what the problem is.

I do usually take things like that with a pinch of salt but it just seems to be a a constant thing these days and it's grating. That's all.

I aim to get to a few Utd games this season, i've already arranged for time off for the two games at Pittodrie, and if there are any Sunday games i'm heading down for them. As i've said before it's not through want of trying, if it was practiceable for me i'd be at every game. Unfortunately it doesn't always work out like that.

I'm not a phone person but as you've said i'd quite happily speak to you in person about it (as most folk realise i'm actually quite an approachable guy myself). Unfortunately you don't live in Aberdeen and as much as i love you i'm not getting the bus down to Dundee for a quick chat ;)

I'm not a phone person but as you've said i'd quite happily speak to you in person about it (as most folk realise i'm actually quite an approachable guy myself). Unfortunately you don't live in Aberdeen and as much as i love you i'm not getting the bus down to Dundee for a quick chat ;)

Maybe you could go visit next time you're down for a United game. :up:

8-)

Lopez gig in Glasgow on Friday night so took the opportunity to make my first trip to St Mirren Park for the United game.

Stadium is nice enough but lacks the atmosphere and excitement of going to Love Street in my book. In terms of getting there its an absolute breeze on the train. Got the 14.05 from Glasgow Central to Paisley St James, had picked up my tickets and was in the ground by about half past. Nothing of note happened on the park, although both teams had a decent shout for a penalty and Mehmet and Goodwille both stuck efforts past the same post in either half.

Yesterday was immense tv-soccer wise, Hertz v Rangers, West Ham Spurs, a bit of Cardiff and Bristol City, Fulham Chelsea, some Inter v Bari and I rounded it off with DC Untied v Galaxy that I had Sky+'d before the girlfriend came in from work!

How dull was that game? Inter's midfield looked lost without Cambiasso.

It's the Milan derby next week, in case anyone's interested.

aye, started watchin, seen Eto'os penalty (the most low-key penalty award in history? Nobody looked bothered!?) then decided it was game over and watched the MLS game I had taped. It finished 0-0 FWIW, but was a reasonable enough game, Jamie Moreno (ex-Boro) made a difference in the 2nd half for DC, showed some nice touches etc. Galaxy could do with a proper Centre Forward to help out Beckham and 'LD', although Alan Gordon seemed like a not bad option when he came on. Kinda in the Geoff Horsefield mould, without the touch, vision or ability :up: To be honest, if LA could add a top notch striker to play ahead of their 3 attacking mids in Donovan, Beckham and Eddie Lewis they would be a pretty decent side.

MLS defending is some of the worst I've ever seen. Say what you like about Beckham but some of his through balls are sensual, I agree they need a top notch striker to latch onto them. LD is a class player but is often dragged into midfield to sort out the bumbling idiots. They perhaps need a holding midfielder to let Becks and LD push on. Wasn't a great game. Chivas and Toronto is where its at.

Exactly the reason I look out for them and want them to do well. Seems like a proper footie culture is brewing there.

2427324429_566ae40d39.jpg

Before the start of the 2007 season, Richard Peddie, the CEO of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd., stated that he and the ownership would be content with between 13,00015,000 fans per game at Toronto FC home games, however, this range has been exceeded. The club sold out season tickets its first three years, capping season tickets at 16,000 for the 2009 season. There are currently more than 14,000 people on the waiting list for season tickets

Brilliant stuff.

Just read that they have Nick Dasovic as their assistant manager! Brilliant.

Brilliant stuff.

Just read that they have Nick Dasovic as their assistant manager! Brilliant.

I don't know what it is exactly they are doing so right. I'd be interested in knowing whether the crowd is made up of mostly the Immigrant european/hispanic population or whether it's the regular joe maple leaf fan types who are switching sports?