aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

There are some from the beginning of the night, but towards the middle the cake tins and feathers were, quite literally, getting on my tits, so off they came. I have my finishers medal and extremely sore knees from going downhill on cobble-stone streets.

Loads of guys taking photos. Hope they were friends/family/proper photographers and not just random pervs.

Having passed my driving theory and hazard perception test. This makes me very happy. That and the fact it's pay day on Friday.

Congrats! Now you just have to pass the practical....

PS WTF is a hazard perception test? I passed my in 1997, there was none of that jazz. In fact I think that's the first year there was even a theory test and it was an absolute piece of piss back then. You literally had to be retarded to fail it.

Congrats! Now you just have to pass the practical....

PS WTF is a hazard perception test? I passed my in 1997, there was none of that jazz. In fact I think that's the first year there was even a theory test and it was an absolute piece of piss back then. You literally had to be retarded to fail it.

Thanks!

Aye, I know....just want the practical out of the way!

Basically the Hazard Perception is 14 clips you have to watch and you click when you spot a developing hazard. You score points relating to when you click. It's a load of shit to be honest. The theory test is reasonably hard these days, compared to how it used to be anyways,

Thanks!

Basically the Hazard Perception is 14 clips you have to watch and you click when you spot a developing hazard. You score points relating to when you click. It's a load of shit to be honest. The theory test is reasonably hard these days, compared to how it used to be anyways,

Sounds fairly worthwhile actually. A lot of people drive through the city and don't pay attention to what's going on on the pavements etc and slow down for potential hazards. eg if I see kids playing football, or a dog running about on the pavement or something, I don't wait till they are actually on the road before I slow down, I just slow down to be safe, but a lot of people won't even notice them till they are on the road in front of them.

One of the questions on my theory:

What is the cycle of the colours on a traffic light?

A - Red > red/amber > green > amber > red.

B - Green > red > amber > green > red.

C - Green > red > blue > red > purple.

:D

Sounds fairly worthwhile actually. A lot of people drive through the city and don't pay attention to what's going on on the pavements etc and slow down for potential hazards. eg if I see kids playing football, or a dog running about on the pavement or something, I don't wait till they are actually on the road before I slow down, I just slow down to be safe, but a lot of people won't even notice them till they are on the road in front of them.

One of the questions on my theory:

What is the cycle of the colours on a traffic light?

A - Red > red/amber > green > amber > red.

B - Green > red > amber > green > red.

C - Green > red > blue > red > purple.

:D

It is and it isn't worthwhile. The main problem is it's not from the perspective of the driver, the camera is outside the car so it makes it a bit different from driving in real life....if you get what I mean. It probably is a good idea to include it though.

I didn't find the theory test hard but that's only because I really studied for it. If you don't study for it, you've not got a hope in hell of passing these days.

Thanks!

Just need to be careful not to get to into what you're doing...eg almost putting your foot through the wall trying an emergency stop when a kid nearly runs out on you. :dunce: I clearly was concentrating to much haha.

Managed to scare some girl beside me too.

Just need to be careful not to get to into what you're doing...eg almost putting your foot through the wall trying an emergency stop when a kid nearly runs out on you. :dunce: I clearly was concentrating to much haha.

Managed to scare some girl beside me too.

Haha I nearly did that as well. I had to wrap my legs round each other to keep myself from doing that!

Just booked 4 day trip to Prague for October for my birthday and flights & accom (hostel apartment for 4) only cost 138 total

wow that is cheap! i'd love to go to prague, i considered going at christmas time cause i heard its beautiful and festive in a non tacky way, but i can't see it happening now.

Fucking fucker.

seconded! Ullapool is the shit!

Just out of interest, coz i've always wanted to go, how feasible is Japan as a holiday destination? can it be done on the cheap in any way? I've always considered it a place you'd have to live and work rather than holiday to as it's so expensive.

Japan is going to be mega expensive unfortunately. It's 600 for return flights alone, Abdn-Heathrow-Tokyo and the reverse back.

Luckily my mate is living slap bang in the middle of Tokyo, so i'll have a free place to sleep and a guide to the cheaper places for food and drink. He's currently working over there as one of the Blue Man Group:

news37_img1_b.jpg

He's the one on the right. Jammy git gets VIP passes for MTV music awards and the like!

I'm aiming to last 2 weeks with less than 1000, as the day after I land back in Scotland, I fly off to mega expensive Oslo for the Scotland game.

Wedding on saturday in Elgin and then Ullapool next week though :)

Japan is going to be mega expensive unfortunately. It's 600 for return flights alone, Abdn-Heathrow-Tokyo and the reverse back.

Luckily my mate is living slap bang in the middle of Tokyo, so i'll have a free place to sleep and a guide to the cheaper places for food and drink. He's currently working over there as one of the Blue Man Group:

news37_img1_b.jpg

He's the one on the right. Jammy git gets VIP passes for MTV music awards and the like!

I'm aiming to last 2 weeks with less than 1000, as the day after I land back in Scotland, I fly off to mega expensive Oslo for the Scotland game.

I wish my friends were as unequivocally awesome as that!

600 quid for flights doesn't seem too bad but general living costs i'd imagine are astronomical.

my ace-ic... going to manchester next week then on to aberdeen. Gonna spend much time in Beer gardens, playing pool, doing pub quizzes, going to gigs and other ace-ic British things. Anyone know if there's anything good on in july in Abdn? can't seem to find much.

wow that is cheap! i'd love to go to prague, i considered going at christmas time cause i heard its beautiful and festive in a non tacky way, but i can't see it happening now.

Yeah Zootravel were doing a deal from Luton and I got stripped back flights to Luton for 50. The apartment is part of a hostel, so that was a pure scoop 10 per day!! Very basic tho!

I went to Brussels a few years back fro the xmas markets it was amazing!! So beautiful ;)

Ross do you know people in Ullapool?

My sister has tickets for the Blue man Group in Florida in October, front row seats...looks ace!