aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Okay go on then Craig...how did you kill a dog with your car keys!?

I'm calling bullshit on this one though.

Yeah well, there was this massive dog in front of my car. I wasn't looking cos I was talking to my friend about my idea for a movie, so I stuck my keys into the dogs trachea instead of the door.

By the time I realised my error the dog was beyond rescue, and I had to climb into the drivers seat via the passenger door as the dogs corpse was blocking my conventional entry point. Caught my ankle on the seatbelt. Think it's twisted.

Pearl Jam - "Glorified G" off Versus.

The lyric - "Glorified version of a pellet gun"

What I thought it was - "Glorified version of a pelican"

Metallica - "One"

The lyric - "Darkness imprisoning me"

What I first thought it was - "Doctors keep visiting me"

Metallica - "Creeping Death"

The lyric - "Die by my hand"

What NotBald first thought it was - "Dye, dye my hair"

He would, wouldn't he?

... which brings in my "Ace-ic" feeling of, 'Yay, I got an ace new job!".

Mine is also similar... except I just got made full time and on a permanant contract. Quite amusing that I had to have an interview for a post in my team, but it had to be advertised as it wasn't an internal post. But yeah, that's my 'ace-ic' feeling and I think it'll last for a while!

Mine is also similar... except I just got made full time and on a permanant contract. Quite amusing that I had to have an interview for a post in my team, but it had to be advertised as it wasn't an internal post. But yeah, that's my 'ace-ic' feeling and I think it'll last for a while!

Me also, must be something in the air. Haven't snagged a permanent contract, it's just being done on a month-to-month basis so I have my contracted hours and put Friday's hours as overtime. When it gets to April we'll see what the new financial year brings so just a couple more weeks to make myself indispensable...

Extreme :up:

I'm on the verge of buying a flat just now, if it comes off then the extra money will literally go straight down the toilet (the bathroom needs renovated in it).

It never stays in the bank for long, does it?

My Mortgage is about 150 a month cheaper just now, compared to last year... if I didn't have that reduction i'd of been screwed.

Thankyou recession :up:

• 4 weeks later...
This thread should be called Reasons To Be Cheerful :up:

At the moment, survival - kingstreetchallenge.com was undertaken and completed last night. Yas, min! :love:

We did a Fraserburgh challenge for my 22nd birthday, 16 pubs and 2 night clubs in one night, minimum one drink in each pub.

If anyone wants to give it a go we went:

Finlay's

The Watermill (*)

The Elizabethan

The Kenyan

The Toolies Club (canna mind the proper name of it)

Castle Bar (The brewers)

The Balaclava

Cheers

The Oak Tree

The Mariners

The Crown

The Royal Bar

The Ship

The Station

The Bellslea Bar

Leisure Centre

Moorings nightclub (above the Royal)

DJs nightclub

Unfortunately we missed out the Watermill because it was on the other side of town and we ran out of time. So, unfortunately, fail, but only just. It would be easier these days because the Watermill has now been demolished, so you wouldn't have to go all the way out there. Also the Castle Bar has been shut down for years so that is also off the list, though Whytes has since opened and would be added. We missed out the British Legion and the RAF club cos we wouldn't have got in.

Someone I used to work with used to do the Ponte Circuit, which is a half a lager in every pub in Pontefract town centre. Quite the challenge as Pontefract has the highest pubs per square mile ratio in the UK. It took place on the Sunday, and needless to say - he called in sick on the Monday. By 3 in the afternoon that monday there were pictures on his Facebook looking completely legless. I bet there were a few cuddled toilet bowls that night.

People seem to travel from far around to give it a go. No wonder they built a Haribo factory right in the town centre, to stop the whole place from stinking of puke.

We did an Elgin 3-legged-race pub crawl around 2001 (christ I feel old!)

Apologies for massive picture, but I took it from our 8 year old website, which i'm amazed is still running :up:

101 Great things to do this Summer

The list went something like:

The Stable Bar

High Spirits (RIP)

The Thor House

Weatherspoons

The Ionic

Flannagans

The Lido (RIP)

The Imperial (RIP)

The Newmarket

Thunderton

Diceys

Old Vic

White Horse

RACEMAP.JPG

I'm doing the Stoney Walk just after payday. Not for the faint hearted, because some of these pubs are as rough as fuck:

Station Hotel

Heugh Hotel

Belverdere Hotel

Queens Hotel

Ship Inn

Marine Hotel

Hook And Eye

Troupers Bar

Market Bar

Legion*

Star Inn

Royal Hotel

DIVAS**

* - optional, if you can get everyone signed in.

** - optional, if you're still upright.

Last time I completed it, I spent all day Sunday with my head down the pan. Woohoo!

I'm doing the Stoney Walk just after payday. Not for the faint hearted, because some of these pubs are as rough as fuck:

Station Hotel

Heugh Hotel

Belverdere Hotel

Queens Hotel

Ship Inn

Marine Hotel

Hook And Eye

Troupers Bar

Market Bar

Legion*

Star Inn

Royal Hotel

DIVAS**

* - optional, if you can get everyone signed in.

** - optional, if you're still upright.

Last time I completed it, I spent all day Sunday with my head down the pan. Woohoo!

i spy only two fairly rough pubs in that list, unless there's been a dramatic decline in stoney pub clientele in the last few years anyway. i only ever go to the station, marine or ship these days. v occasionally the front of the hook or the heugh.

i spy only two fairly rough pubs in that list, unless there's been a dramatic decline in stoney pub clientele in the last few years anyway. i only ever go to the station, marine or ship these days. v occasionally the front of the hook or the heugh.

I'll take it you're referring to the Market and the Star? Troupers and the Hook can flare up occasionally, and there's usually a bit of trouble in Divas: pink shirted neanderthals and 15 bottles of Bud is a dangerous cocktail!

The Marine is my favourite of the lot, I'd rate it up there with Annie's in Montrose, the Anchor in Johnner, and the Moorings on my best local-ish boozer list.....