aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

All licensed premises have been granted a license based on a number of factors. This is known as a Operating Plan. Part of that is the protection of children. So if you try to buy alcohol with someone, and you are ID'd and someone doesn't have, you usually will be refused in order to protect the licensed premises from the potential of losing it, or at least having suspended, not to mention the fines that come with it.

Licensed premises also have to be cautious of what you have described, a proxy sale, as this also falls under the protection of children. That's not to say you wouldn't get done for it, because ultimately it is a criminal offence to buy for under 18s.

I think the main issue is that people that look over 18 but not over 25 are being refused due to not having ID and this stupid "challenge 25" thing. If kids want drink they will get drink, be it by getting someone to buy it (probably the local drunk/junkie in exchange for some cash) or stealing from home.

If you happen to exchange pleasantries with the person behind/in front of you in the queue, then get refused and they get refused as well, then both of you are going to be pissed off. While I understand it's the law, a bit of common sense needs to be applied.

• Upvote 1

They wouldn't get done for that really. If say a kid was to end up dead, or seriously ill because of the booze given to them, the police might trace some of the alcohol being bought at the store but as long as the store can prove they regularly challenge, and keep up to date refusals records then not much can be done really. Things you're taught to look out for are pretty basic like folk coming in paying with change for alcohol or folk coming in buying "cool" drinks like big bottles of WKD or Smirnoff Ice.

That's why my mate wasn't happy. The cashier refused to ID his toddler, yet would ID his mrs. What's to say he wasn't going to take it home to share with the mrs, but the poison the kid?

Also, on the passport thing, I carry mine everywhere, unless it's lost down the back of the sofa. It's out of date now but it still works as ID. hiyo.

That's why my mate wasn't happy. The cashier refused to ID his toddler, yet would ID his mrs. What's to say he wasn't going to take it home to share with the mrs, but the poison the kid?

Also, on the passport thing, I carry mine everywhere, unless it's lost down the back of the sofa. It's out of date now but it still works as ID. hiyo.

It shouldn't... My wife got called out on that a bunch of times by cuntholes. Apparantley when your passport expires it's no longer valid ID.

xx