aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

OK. Thanks. Still works out cheaper than buying in the UK for what I'm looking at.

Yeah, my mrs bought an ipad mini and it worked out about thirty quid cheaper. Depends where you go in the states, some places have no sales tax. Just remember that if you spend too much the customs man wants a payment when you get back...

The $400 limit doesn't apply online though does it? I thought it was just random... I had to pay customs tax on a Devi Ever pedal I bought online from the States. That was only about $150. FedEx also sent me an invoice for £9.00 for customs tax for some trainers I bought from the States, and they were only about $80. I never did pay that £9.00. Fuck the system.

The $400 limit doesn't apply online though does it? I thought it was just random... I had to pay customs tax on a Devi Ever pedal I bought online from the States. That was only about $150. FedEx also sent me an invoice for £9.00 for customs tax for some trainers I bought from the States, and they were only about $80. I never did pay that £9.00. Fuck the system.

The limit is less if you are getting something shipped from the states rather than physically buying it in the states and taking back to the UK yourself.

It's about £40 I think. They are absolute bastards, if your delivery gets held by customs there is an automatic £8ish handling fee in addition to the import duty. Fuckers.

Landed in Vegas yesterday. This place is fucking 'A'. Tacky as hell but FUCKING 'A'!

If you get time check out Bootleggers Club and restaurant. It is where a lot of the music acts hang out after their stage shows have finished. Great food and has an excellent Steinway Grand piano that they will let you play on - providing you can play good!

Giant Drag aren't dead?

I didn't realise they ever did anything after the debut.

They did an EP called Swan Song which is pretty awesome. More recently, Annie Hardy has been releasing rarities and demos and stuff (some of which are really great). Seems like the live album is an attempt to finance a new Giant Drag LP. Keen.

• Upvote 1