aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Oh yeah - the board games thing - I've still got the original Atmosphere, the fourth add-on (vampire one), the Harbingers version of Atmosphere with the Soul Rangers add-on and the Star Trek video board game. My parents were obsessed with giving us video board games as an extra "present between you all" at christmas for a few years.

I played the star trek one a couple of times. It was pretty good.

Is it the same as the old foreign woman who 'plays' the guitar? And by 'play' I mean strum openly and incredibly out of tune, until she breaks a string?

Na was this french guy; managed to film his playing for a bit before he noticed and asked if I wanted to play his violin and kept pointing at his case for me to put money in. I think he saw how amused I was.

Got a retweet from none other than Radio1 DJ Reggie Yates today. This is to add to my other "celeb" interaction from Limmy on Facebook.

The rhythm guitar player out of Dire Straits commented on my request for a cheap plasterer in Aberdeen the other night on Facebook. Bet he didn't see that coming when he was onstage at Live Aid.

I love Froot Loops, you can get them here but I grudge paying ten quid a box when they are a dollar or something in the States.

That Globally Sweet place used to sell all sorts of ace stuff, but yeah it was dear as fuck. There's a shop on Buchanan Street in Glasgow that sells loads of American sweeties, equally dear, think I was a tenner recently for 2 Twinkies, a Tootsie Roll and a wee bag of them fried eggs.

Kelly Of Cults is worth a look, they often have Hershey stuff that you don't find anywhere else. I used to make pilgrimages out there to buy Hershey Bars, Kisses, Oreos and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups until they started selling them in other shops.

That Globally Sweet place used to sell all sorts of ace stuff, but yeah it was dear as fuck. There's a shop on Buchanan Street in Glasgow that sells loads of American sweeties, equally dear, think I was a tenner recently for 2 Twinkies, a Tootsie Roll and a wee bag of them fried eggs.

Kelly Of Cults is worth a look, they often have Hershey stuff that you don't find anywhere else. I used to make pilgrimages out there to buy Hershey Bars, Kisses, Oreos and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups until they started selling them in other shops.

They used to have shit like that because loads of American oil folk lived in Cults, now they are part of morning noon and night or whatever so I don't think they get that kind of stuff.

Jenners food court was the last place I saw them but it was about a tenner for a box of cereal.

Finding out today that you can still get my favourite cereal from when I was a teenager:

Corn Pops - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I thought they'd been discontinued years ago. Time to go a-hunting. Nestle Golden Nuggets are an decent substitute, but they aren't up to the real thing.

You can stop Alan Shearer scoring a goal...

Don't understand why you'd go out of your way to buy Hershey chocolate though. Yank Chocolate is fucking horrid. So are Twinkies. Idiot 'Mericans and their shite food. They need to get a Yorkshire Pudding down their necks.