aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Just watched "The Scheme". Holy. Fucking. Shit. That is EPIC LOLZ!

And I think I saw Diesel on there, the Ayrshire bam.

I just watched it too. Pretty well done!

But can I just put my social work hat on for a minute and say that that is totally realistic!!! And the woman on methadone that came out of prison... no way is she keeping that baby and that Kay woman who keeps letting people in her house... she's off her rocker!!!

Tomorrow is Thursday which is pretty ace since it means most of the week is over and my enjoyable weekend is ever closer. Also fingers crossed I won't have anybody shout at me tomorrow!

What was wrong with it? Also, need to send mine away, can someone point me in the direction of, um, how to do it?

Phone microsoft xbox support (pray you get the US call center not the Indian one).

Tell them you have 3 red lights (even if you don't).

They'll send you a label you box up your xbox (remember and take out game disc and take off any fancy faceplate as you wont be getting this exact xbox back), arrange delivery.

Wait for an xbox to come back.

• Upvote 1

Phone microsoft xbox support (pray you get the US call center not the Indian one).

They'll send you a label you box up your xbox (remember and take out game disc and take off any fancy faceplate as you wont be getting this exact xbox back), arrange delivery.

Or book it online like I did, and avoid speaking to anyone, Indian or t'otherwise.

:up:

Or book it online like I did, and avoid speaking to anyone, Indian or t'otherwise.

Yep, couldn't be easier. It prints the courier label off for you and you just schedule for when the guy picks up from you. I even shipped mine back in the original box nae bother :up:

So, you can get a refurbished Xbox, even if it's not RRoD? My warranty is going to run out next month, and the thing seems quite ropey. I just know it will finally conk as soon as the warranty is out.

So, you can get a refurbished Xbox, even if it's not RRoD? My warranty is going to run out next month, and the thing seems quite ropey. I just know it will finally conk as soon as the warranty is out.

RRoD is so sporadic they'd have a hard time proving your console wasn't going batty when you sent it away. Mine RRoD'd ages ago, then it ran like a champ after that, for months before it finally bricked itself.

Try it, and argue like fuck if they call you on it. Quoting the Sale of Goods Act, especially the "not fit for purpose" bit usually helps give you leverage in these situations, but I doubt they would bat an eyelid. Also, they have extended the warranty for RRoD repairs beyond that of the standard warranty, so it should still be covered.

They apparantly don't repair them for months after they recieve them as they get so many. So as long it says that it has RROD then you'll be fine.

My first one I sent off did get repaired at the time and it didn't have RROD, it ended up getting a new motherboard, new disc drive and something else replaced.

You'll be fine.

I don't understand why Microsoft didn't just sell X-Box's that were fit for purpose in the first place. Did they not test the fucking things before they hurried them out onto the market to beat the equally fragile PS3? PS2 was the same, they all had that faulty laser, I went through two of them in two years.

It boggles my mind that they are so desperate to beat each other to the quick that they sell goods they know to be faulty.

I don't understand why Microsoft didn't just sell X-Box's that were fit for purpose in the first place. Did they not test the fucking things before they hurried them out onto the market to beat the equally fragile PS3? PS2 was the same, they all had that faulty laser, I went through two of them in two years.

It boggles my mind that they are so desperate to beat each other to the quick that they sell goods they know to be faulty.

Bullshit. Plenty of information on the net, including figures, to prove that PS3 failure rate is very low. Xbox is a great console for games though in my opinion before you start with your fanboy shit.

Bullshit. Plenty of information on the net, including figures, to prove that PS3 failure rate is very low. Xbox is a great console for games though in my opinion before you start with your fanboy shit.

What fanboy shit? I don't own either console. I do know three people who bought PS3s when they were released though, and all three failed and had to be replaced. Not as many as people I know who've had the RROD like.

These things don't seem to happen until months down the line though. I can't imagine testing departments can really afford to invest months and months of time into making sure something doesn't break. I guess what doesn't make sense is why the problem hasn't been rectified. It's positive that they've got a service that deals with RRoD, where they are refurbished for free, but why haven't they homed in on what actually causes it, and re-release the console. The original PS1 kept breaking because the laser was at the same side as the power supply, so the heat practically melted it. They moved the laser to the other side on future models and it was sorted. The 360 has been around for a long time now, so there's no excuse why it hasn't been fixed and completely erradicated yet.

What fanboy shit? I don't own either console. I do know three people who bought PS3s when they were released though, and all three failed and had to be replaced. Not as many as people I know who've had the RROD like.

I was meaning more accusing me of being a fanboy. I know 8 people who have launch-era PS3s and only 1 who's BD drive failed.