aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

How Not To Live Your Life was a pretty cool sitcom. It never got much attention though and possibly a couple of years old now?

Really simple and easy humour and doesn't try to be something it isn't.

I stumbled on this during the first season and got hooked. I've been enjoying Hebburn on BBC2, but it's more of a documentary for me rather than a sitcom.

That makes me so happy to read. I dont see why i need to find middle ground over a TV show i hate? I dont expect non star trek fans to sit down a love it, or find a middle ground with me when it comes to how much they enjoy it, why should i do that for Community? 

Its seems people get really defensive over this TV show, not just on here, but online in general, it seems to be one of those where your not allowed to say you dont like it. Strange. 

I think you misunderstood her.

By middle ground she surely meant finding a tv show which you both really like? I don't think she was trying to make you like Community.

Yeah, this. I think our opinions of lots of things are quite different, judging by our contributions to other threads, so I just thought it was funny that even our tastes in TV shows aren't the same. Except the hatred of Mrs Brown's Boys, obviously. The TV thread is often the great leveller of this forum. I would never try and force Community on anyone, though because as much as I love it, I can't fully get behind it after the awful fourth series.

I'm glad Peep Show has been pretty much consistently great, but I do think it's maybe time to end, before they lose it. That's always my main fear with any kind of TV show, that the people behind them don't quit while they're ahead. Community definitely included.

Edited by kirsten

Glad there's folk expressing hate for Mrs Browns Boys. Awful television. Everyone at my work seems to love it and always ask "hey Phil did you watch Mrs Browns last night? Oh I forgot you don't like it."

Fuck off.

I watched one episode over christmas at the in-laws and nearly died laughing. Exactly my kind of puerile humour. An old "woman" swearing. That's all it is. Hilarity for stupid people, but I fucking loved it.

xx

• Upvote 2

I watched the first episode of the new HBO series True Detective. It was great and shows potential to be another brilliant show for them.

Second episode was excellent too. If they keep this up for the whole season then they'll have produced something really great. I only found out last night that there are just 8 episodes in the season. Kind of a shame that it'll be over so soon but it also means there'll be less risk of filler and hopefully they have exactly the number of episodes they need to tell the story. All the acting in it has been good but Matthew McConaughey has been particularly fantastic.

The lava episode of Community was good fun. "Chair to dance?"

I've been watching Banshee which isn't good by any means but can't stay away from it for some reason.

Banshee is totally enjoyable muck. It's highly over-acted. So many corny sinister facial expressions. And each episode is guaranteed a fight and gratuitous sex scene, at the absolute minimum. 5 minutes into the pilot episode, he bangs a barmaid, then there's a car chase which leads to a gun fight. It really sets the tone for the series.

I've watched most of the first season now. It's good but not great yet. It has a lot of potential, I just don't think it's found its groove. A bit like parks and rec first season which played out too much like a female version of Michael Scott, then hit its stride when it did its own thing. I hope the same will happen with brooklyn 99.

Edited by ca_gere