aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The gutter press' new annoying habit of shortening everyone's name, eg:

LiLo (Lindsay Lohan)

SaRo (Sam Ronson)

JoBro (Jonas Brothers)

SuBo (Susan Boyle)

And also the likes of "Bennifer" (Jennifer Lopez / Ben Affleck) and "Brangelina" (Brad / Angelina).

I don't know why but this particularly annoyed me today.

The gutter press' new annoying habit of shortening everyone's name, eg:

LiLo (Lindsay Lohan)

SaRo (Sam Ronson)

JoBro (Jonas Brothers)

SuBo (Susan Boyle)

And also the likes of "Bennifer" (Jennifer Lopez / Ben Affleck) and "Brangelina" (Brad / Angelina).

I don't know why but this particularly annoyed me today.

It gets on my tits too, Lu-Rat :]

It gets on my tits too, Lu-Rat :]

:laughing: bastard.

Want to hear my all time pet hate? One that I yell at my girlfriend for at least once a day, and usually somebody at work as well.

People mispronouncing the word "sandwich". EVERYBODY does it, all over Britain, be it mates, family, or people off the telly, everybody says "samwidge".

There's no "M" in sandwich.

There's no "G" in sandwich.

It's fucking SANDWICH!

Sand. Witch. That's the easy way. Not Sam. Widge. That's the wrong way.

Now are we all clear on how to pronounce sandwich?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Want to hear my all time pet hate? One that I yell at my girlfriend for at least once a day, and usually somebody at work as well.

People mispronouncing the word "sandwich". EVERYBODY does it, all over Britain, be it mates, family, or people off the telly, everybody says "samwidge".

It's fucking SANDWICH!

I have never understood the mispronounciation of that word. I pronounce it sand-witch. It's not that fucking difficult.

My all time pet hate actually is folk who pronounce "texts" as "text-es" What the fuck is that all about? Reggi fucking Yates on Radio 1 is the worst. I haven't listened to him for ages but used to have the radio on in the background on a Sunday quite a lot. "Thanks for all your text-es, keep 'em comin'" Fuck off.

Guest idol_wild

It's fucking SANDWICH!

I sometimes hear "Sangwich". Which is just as unpleasant on the ear.

Sandwich is a really funny word, all things considered.

It's fucking SANDWICH!

I concur!

Whilst we're on the subject of pronuciation and seeing as I'm of part-Italian origin, the one that really boils my piss is...

...when cunts pronounce Tagliatelle as Tag-Lay-Ah-Telly...

It's a silent "G"...ergo...Talia-Telly.

That and referring to the popular pasta dish as Spag-Bol.

Cunts.

I concur!

Whilst we're on the subject of pronuciation and seeing as I'm of part-Italian origin, the one that really boils my piss is...

...when cunts pronounce Tagliatelle as Tag-Lay-Ah-Telly...

It's a silent "G"...ergo...Talia-Telly.

That and referring to the popular pasta dish as Spag-Bol.

Cunts.

I'm guilty of both of those. I also cannot pronounce croissant properly. It's a cra-sawnt.

However I get pissy about people not pronouncing Spanish words properly (ie Mallorca - I hate when people say Ma-Jork-a, instead of Ma-York-a, and Villareal - should be Vi-ya-ray-al, but some people say Villa-ray-al).

I can't do it either.

On the previous subject of sandwiches, I despise people who ask for "sangers".

Or "sarnie"

Fucking hate that.

I have never understood the mispronounciation of that word. I pronounce it sand-witch. It's not that fucking difficult.

My all time pet hate actually is folk who pronounce "texts" as "text-es" What the fuck is that all about? Reggi fucking Yates on Radio 1 is the worst. I haven't listened to him for ages but used to have the radio on in the background on a Sunday quite a lot. "Thanks for all your text-es, keep 'em comin'" Fuck off.

Pronounced like testes?

Pronounced like testes?

No more like "text is"

As in this text is very funny. Except there's less of a gap between the end of text and the beginning of is. Kind of like text's (the apostrophe to mark a missing letter like in don't).

It's difficult to describe, but it's fucking annoying. It would take less effort just to say texts. And it would be correct.

However I get pissy about people not pronouncing Spanish words properly (ie Mallorca - I hate when people say Ma-Jork-a, instead of Ma-York-a, and Villareal - should be Vi-ya-ray-al, but some people say Villa-ray-al).

Even football pundits consistantly pronounce it Villa-ray-al. Well, I say football pundits, I mean ITV, so it's more like a circus of waffling numbskulls who somehow get aired on telly. You get the idea though.

Football pronunciation is a funny old thing. As I've said before, it's baffling as to how many ways John Motson can pronounce Mascherano and Xavi Alonso's names. But he's slowly losing his mind everyday, so we can forgive him, kind of.

Gabriel Marcotti is funny, he talks with an American accent, but whenever he mentions any Italian players he says their name in the most ridiculous over-exaggerated Italian accent you've ever heard. Hearing him on the radio, it's like one of the Mario Brothers just interjects at random intervals and says something comical in Italian while this American bloke is talking.

"I don't think anyone should be questioning Mr. "CAP-ELLLL-O!"'s team selection."

Even football pundits consistantly pronounce it Villa-ray-al. Well, I say football pundits, I mean ITV, so it's more like a circus of waffling numbskulls who somehow get aired on telly. You get the idea though.

...and yet many of the same pundits correctly pronounce David Villa as vee-ya. HOw exactly does that work?

People who say something's 'not good enough'. Good enough for what? You twat.

Good enough for their own standards or expectations. Pretty self evident and not needing an explanation.

You twat.

When a song comes on in a pub that people are obsessed with (i.e Tenacious D) or a party somewhere, drunk people look towards me and act as if they are singing it to me.

Also, people who invite you round to their house then tell off their guests for just about everything. Leaving the door open between rooms, using the wrong type of glass (after them refusing to get off their arses and get one or even describing which ones are acceptable to use). Then someone puts a drink on a table and this is treated as a great crime, despite not having any coasters in a visable place.

Smokers who refuse to open windows when it is blatently both too warn and too smokey (just about every smoker I know tends to do this as well as people who let smokers smoke in their house) and they always have a reason like "people will steal my valuable stuff I left beside the window which goes onto the main street", "the wildlife will come in" or "it will get cold",

People who are incapable of listening to full songs at parties and feel the need to change the CD or music radio/ TV channel every minute.