aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

That's a joke right? Continued a tour with only two working fingers, "broke my hand, bummed!", the management replied with "lol.".

Looks like you guys got trolled.

I don't want to say case closed....

http://twitter.com/#!/jonaweinhofen

However that is probably the case closed.

"@wilmadrots yeah I read it. They make me sound like the bad guy haha"

"Gonna attempt to gig tonight playing with only 2 fingers on a broken hand :S"

"@AnneLindfjeld got in a fight. See you soon"

Also from one the the people above

"everyone hating @bmthofficial @jonaweinhofen cos they fight with crowd couple of times and now everyone causing some fight w them. grow up."

In true band management style. Lol

Bands attacking audience members is wack. Ben Weasel of Screeching Weasel punched a girl at the last SXSW. Charming.

The whole lot of BMTH look like woofters though. Even if it was two on one with a weapon, I'd still be backing the Finnish guy to chin them both.

Ben Weasel was, is and always will be a stupid massive fanny.

Is Oli not \m/ enough for him?

Tbf of that entire tour package, Darkest Hour are the only ones with cred intact as far as I am concerned. Hell the final Refused show was played in the garage of one of the members garage. That's pretty awesome.

BMTH = scenesters. Devildriver vocalist Dez Fafara was in Coal Chamber who were an abomination and Machine Head released some totally awful nu-metal albums.

May I just say I like emo/screamo/jazz/post rock/math rock. I am far from a metal elitist (I hope :O) The jibe about none of the bands having no 'metal cred' was however from an ignorant mosher perspective. Oh boy have I met plenty of them. Took my gf to see the uber heavy You Me At Six and some guy with long hair and a marilyn manson t shirt was starting mosh pits and afterwards said 'I must be the only metalhead here'. Kvlt for life.

Tbf of that entire tour package, Darkest Hour are the only ones with cred intact as far as I am concerned. Hell the final Refused show was played in the garage of one of the members garage. That's pretty awesome.

I'm confused. What do Refused have to do with Darkest Hour or the Machinehead tour?

Also the last Refused gig was in a basement in the US playing Rather Be Dead as the cops tried to get to the stage to shut it down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wNtbPlKPZo

I'm confused. What do Refused have to do with Darkest Hour or the Machinehead tour?

Also the last Refused gig was in a basement in the US playing Rather Be Dead as the cops tried to get to the stage to shut it down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wNtbPlKPZo

Darkest Hour are on the Machine Head tour. The bill is Darkest Hour, Devldriver, Bring Me The Horizon and Machine Head. I was merely saying Darkest Hour are the only band there that 'proper metalheads' don't have a reason to hate. Plus they were on Refused's last tour and hosted their last show. I put garage instead of basement. However I was correct about it belonging to a former Darkest Hour member

Fred Ziomek, guitarist for tourmates Darkest Hour, convinced the band to play one last show in his basement en route to National Airport. They agreed, and even though there were only around twelve hours to promote the show, there were still around four-hundred people in attendance. The line-up was: Union of the Snake (Cornbread's joke glam-metal band), Darkest Hour, Frodus, and Refused. The police kept coming by all night, and Tony Weinbender, who had been put in charge of organizing everything, kept them at bay for a while. The police returned during Frodus' set, and said "If we get another complaint and have to come back here, we're taking you to jail." Weinbender told the policemen he would shut the show down, but a few songs into Refused's set, police entered the house and plowed through the throng of people to get to the basement. The band began playing what would be their final song, "Rather Be Dead", as the police forced their way through the crowd. The song reached the crescendo where Dennis would have screamed, "rather be alive", as the plug was pulled (literally), and the band stopped playing. The audience continued chanting the final verses of the song, "rather be alive!"

Darkest Hour are on the Machine Head tour. The bill is Darkest Hour, Devldriver, Bring Me The Horizon and Machine Head. I was merely saying Darkest Hour are the only band there that 'proper metalheads' don't have a reason to hate. Plus they were on Refused's last tour and hosted their last show. I put garage instead of basement. However I was correct about it belonging to a former Darkest Hour member

Ahh ok. I read it as a member of Refused's garage. No wonder I was confused.

Anyway I've just spent 20 minutes trying to find the video of Dennis Lyxzen headbutting a guitar onstage because of this thread but I've been thwarted.

I listened to Darkest Hour thanks to this thread linking them in some way to Refused.

Thanks for nothing.

They did a cover of Nazi Punks Fuck Off and that was about the closes to punk they ever got :p

Of their own material this is probably the closest to punk

v

I recommend this to people though. A 13 minute long instrumental that closed one of their albums. Maybe a bit boring and slow to start for some but I like it. Peter Wichers and Marcus Sunnesson have small guest solos in it. You'd never guess that was a melodeath album....

New pet hate -> people who you have only briefly met in a professional situation scaring you by saying hi and knowing things about you. 2 girls really creeped me out today doing this. Admittedly I only saw them last week, but everyone was dressed very differently and I had no idea who the hell they were.