aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Having to catch the 5.30am bus :( The 6.30 bus gets me in 5 minutes too late to make it to work for 7am :( utter shite

Absolute hell. Being up at 7 just sounds awful but a 5.30 bus? fucking horrible.

Can you not just explain the situation to your work and catch up the 5 mins somewhere else, like take it off your lunch break?

Absolute hell. Being up at 7 just sounds awful but a 5.30 bus? fucking horrible.

Can you not just explain the situation to your work and catch up the 5 mins somewhere else, like take it off your lunch break?

I've just started so basically I'm their bitch for the next 80-odd days, but I will ask the supervisor if there's any way she could let me start half an hour later or something on a Saturday.

Being ill, had a chipper from banchory on saturday night, felt fine through until sunday morning and haven't stopped throwing up until this morning, managed my shift last night but it was the longest shift of my life. Could barely even think straight in hind sight, been fine most of today although i've spent it in bed with stomach cramps, managed to get a tiny bit of food in me and threw it straight back up again and now my tummy is going mental again. Fuck this. Never going back to that god awful chipper again. It was literally all i had to eat on saturday so it couldn't have been anything else.

inb4 Stroopy.

I'm lucky enough never to have had food poisoning. A pet hate though is sauces that make chicken look kind of pink. That's never fun to cook.

• Upvote 2

Never going back to that god awful chipper again. It was literally all i had to eat on saturday so it couldn't have been anything else.

Doesn't necessarily mean it had to be the chipper's fault though, there's quite a lot of Norovirus going around just now, which you could have picked up from anywhere regardless of what you ate.

If it was the chipper, it seems likely there'd be a lot more people affected by it - you could always check with environmental health at the Council in case they've had complaints from anyone else.

There were one or two other folks who were really ill that night who had eaten at the chipper. They didn't have the same as me though, i just figured i got a bad bit of pork or something, still don't fancy going back having seen what i ate come right back out though.

So if you're convinced it was the chipper, then you need to get the Council to check them out, otherwise they'll just keep on poisoning people. Come on man, what's happened to John 'gotyerback' W? Lives are at stake here. People need you.

Seriously though. If it was the chipper, they need to be stopped from doing it to someone else. If it wasn't them, then an innocent business could be losing money because of mistaken assumptions and rumour.

Just one quick call to your local food safety office -

http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/foodsafety/where/m.asp

• Upvote 6

A gut bug can come from anywhere. Bacteria breeds on almost anything. Get it on your hands and somehow into your system and it can lead to a couple of days on the bog, depending on the bacteria. You say other folk were ill after eating it too, but still could be coincidence.

I tend to always blame it on the last thing I ate too though, and it usually puts me off that kind of food for a long while. I got a pretty horrid bug after a Tuna Pasta Bake. It may not have been that which made me ill, but I still can't stomach eating it since I saw it all come out again. Blurg.

This is why I love having flexitime. If I'm still feeling groggy, I'll take another hour and head in at 10am. Or start early and finish late for a few days and accumulate a whole day off.

YEAH WORK WOO!!

What is terrible at my work is that it's flexi-time, but if you come in at 9am everyone makes terrible jokes (did you get the evening paper? Whatever that means). So, on Friday, to avoid this inane bullshit and the Banchory-Aberdeen traffic, I came in for 730. "How do you like that?" I thought as my tormentors arrived 30-45 minutes later, but the joke just turned into "Oh, he's obviously trying to get a pay rise or a promotion! Hey Moose, you fishing for a pay rise?!? guffaw." Then, when I went to leave at 4pm, it was: "half day today Moose?! guffaw."

I do like the people I work with though, they're just old and have rubbish senses of humour.

Guest Gladstone
What is terrible at my work is that it's flexi-time, but if you come in at 9am everyone makes terrible jokes (did you get the evening paper? Whatever that means). So, on Friday, to avoid this inane bullshit and the Banchory-Aberdeen traffic, I came in for 730. "How do you like that?" I thought as my tormentors arrived 30-45 minutes later, but the joke just turned into "Oh, he's obviously trying to get a pay rise or a promotion! Hey Moose, you fishing for a pay rise?!? guffaw." Then, when I went to leave at 4pm, it was: "half day today Moose?! guffaw."

I do like the people I work with though, they're just old and have rubbish senses of humour.

Anyone who gives a fuck what time anyone else comes into the office or leaves the office is a dick. Unless you have direct managerial responsibility for a member of staff it's got fuck all to do with you. For all they know, you might come into the office at 9am because you have to tend to a dying relative or something equally horrible.

People who care what others in the office get paid, or about others' working hours etc. piss me off. I'm delighted with the job I'm in now in that respect. I wander in and out whenever the fuck I feel like it - so long as the job gets done, it will never be questioned. The only person who has even the slightest interest in my working hours is my boss - exactly the way it should be.

• Upvote 3