aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Lazy couriers.

Stayed in today specifically to wait for a package to arrive. The clock hits 4pm and there's still no sign of the chap so I head onto tracking section of the "DPD" website to be met with this message:-

"19 Mar 2009 15:46 Aberdeen (express) Unable to deliver, calling card left (landmark = Blue Door)

So apparently 15 minutes prior the courier tried to make a delivery, which is complete bollocks because the buzzer hadn't rung all day. Our front door is blue so I figured he'd left the card by it, so I headed downstairs and there's not a sign of the bloody thing.

Obviously the bastard was too lazy to even come to the door because neither the buzzer or the internal doorbell (I live in a flat) have gone off all day. To make matters worse he didn't even bother leaving a card. That really boils my piss; how hard is to get your arse out of your van and ring the bloody buzzer? Too much hard work, eh? "This guy lives in a block of flats, I'm not climbing up any stairs, fuck it!"

Do your fucking job for crying out loud.

Lazy couriers.

Stayed in today specifically to wait for a package to arrive. The clock hits 4pm and there's still no sign of the chap so I head onto tracking section of the "DPD" website to be met with this message:-

"19 Mar 2009 15:46 Aberdeen (express) Unable to deliver, calling card left (landmark = Blue Door)

So apparently 15 minutes prior the courier tried to make a delivery, which is complete bollocks because the buzzer hadn't rung all day. Our front door is blue so I figured he'd left the card by it, so I headed downstairs and there's not a sign of the bloody thing.

Obviously the bastard was too lazy to even come to the door because neither the buzzer or the internal doorbell (I live in a flat) have gone off all day. To make matters worse he didn't even bother leaving a card. That really boils my piss; how hard is to get your arse out of your van and ring the bloody buzzer? Too much hard work, eh? "This guy lives in a block of flats, I'm not climbing up any stairs, fuck it!"

I can't even begin to remember the amount of times that happened to me. I'd love to hear from someone who delivers stuff for a living to find out if they actually just say 'fuck it, can't be arsed ringing, we'll leave a note' (or not in your case).

I recently spent a whole month trying to get a new phone delivered. The first time they said they couldn't find the adress, which I had confirmed over the phone. Fair enough, but for that to happen twice is ridiculous. What with google and gps its not that hard to find. The local postie manages fine. They quite clearly coudn't be fucked coz its a bit out the way. Why can't people just do their jobs?!

After the second failed delivery I explained that I could get someone to pick up the same phone at a vodafone branch, what with me being out the country and all. Apparently they couldn't do that because I'm only allowed this one phone that's in a depot somewhere in England awaiting redelivery... So I suggested they send it on to the branch instead of faffing about with making sure someone's in the house when it gets delivered. Can't do that either for 'security' reasons I was told... eh?

During every call to vodafone I asked for some sort of reference number or some sort of assurance that the details of these to's and fro's were being recorded somewhere so that when i would inevitably call back the person on the other end of the line wouldn't respond as if I was explaining astrophysics. Every time I was told that my mobile number sufficed as a reference yet nobody seemed to know anything about me or my long awaited new phone whenever I called.

in conclusion, Vodafone are well shit innit.

Lazy couriers.

Couriers are shit. I've never had a good experience with a courier. It seems to be that the only comapny who can delivery to your door the next day is Royal Mail. Couriers seem to find this impossible, and every area is too "remote" for next day delivery except for central London.

Lazy couriers.

I was going to say DPD are shit, but to be honest I've had loads of problems with most couriers. Though Home Delivery Network and DPD/parceline do seem to be about the worst.

As a general rule, get stuff delivered to work. They'll make more of an effort for business addresses.

If you get a choice then choose royal mail or parcel force. The last few times I've had them they've been brilliant and if I haven't been in they've either left it at the nearest post office or a nearby newsagent. Meaning instead of a trip to the depot I just walk round the corner.

You're kind of confirming my point.

It prevented me going out and working more before I went to Uni.

That's what i'm getting at! I'm a teacher, but consider formal education to be a tiny part of someone's life. It was Jim Rohn that famously said 'Formal education will make you a living but self education will make you a fortune.. I fully embrace this idea and try to encourage it in the students I teach.

People that moan about school being rubbish annoy the hell out of me, staff and students included. School is what you make it and if you go in with a rubbish attitude then you'll get out of it exactly what you put in. Be positive, consider this realisation of time wasted at school a good thing; which will help you make better decisions in later life.

You are 18 for God's sake! Come up with a game plan of where you want to be in 1 year's time and 5 years time and make small steps toward that target, whilst taking the time to enjoy yourself and appreciate the good things in life.

You are 18 for God's sake! Come up with a game plan of where you want to be in 1 year's time and 5 years time and make small steps toward that target, whilst taking the time to enjoy yourself and appreciate the good things in life.

Thats what I'm trying to bleeding do!

Though I wholly agree with your other points. I guess I'm just really bitter that Edinburgh didn't deem me economics-worthy.

I've ranted in this thread about this before, but getting covered in cigarette ash when I'm in town and stood near or walking past/behind a smoker - It's just fucking horrid.

Dry your eyes. You've already forced us all to stand outside to smoke, if you don't like being next to smokers outside either just lock yourself in your fucking house!

I was going to say DPD are shit, but to be honest I've had loads of problems with most couriers. Though Home Delivery Network and DPD/parceline do seem to be about the worst.

As a general rule, get stuff delivered to work. They'll make more of an effort for business addresses.

If you get a choice then choose royal mail or parcel force. The last few times I've had them they've been brilliant and if I haven't been in they've either left it at the nearest post office or a nearby newsagent. Meaning instead of a trip to the depot I just walk round the corner.

Turns out that the last time my flatmate had a package delivered by them they took it to one of the ground floor flats instead of undertaking the mammoth task of climbing up tow sets of stairs :down:. Similarly, my Dad ordered a 120 jacket online once and DPD were delivering it. He knew he wasn't going to be able to stay in all day and wait, so he slapped a little sign on the front door saying "Courier - leave package at number 6 if not in"... so what did the fucker do? Left it sitting on the front doorstep (they don't have an enclosed front garden and the door's right on the street) in the pouring rain. Nice work, guys!

I simply cannot understand how such a group of people can prove to be so woefully incompetant. I mean, how hard is it to ring a doorbell, go up the stairs and get a signature or leave it with a neighbour? Seriously. They get paid to deliver packages, not look at the address and say "no thanks".

I've never had problems with any other courier group before. If the package doesn't come today I'm thinking about making a complaint; I don't really care that the thing's a day late, it's more the fact that the driver couldn't be arsed to come to the door or even leave a card.

It's worse when you've got a customer order and the supplier has assured you that the item will be with you on a certain day and the delivery company can't even be bothered to come past or has forgotten.

The amount of times a delivery guy has joked "ah well, I knew you used to be closed on a Wednesday so I thought bugger it, I'll say you weren't in" when in fact the hours changed AGES ago and I was in.

When I got my phone upgrade I sent it to my work because I knew the buggers wouldn't be able to find my house and would make some excuse. It was DPD, so I'm thankful I gave my work's address.

Stoners who go around wearing Rastafari colours just because Rasta supports cannabis use. Somebody needs to explain to them that's there's more to Rastafari than smoking blunts and listening to Bob Marley. Like that whole bit about standing up to the oppression from white people and promoting African culture, and that's it's an actual religion who believes that second coming of Jesus (who was actually black) has actually already happened (though he died again the 1970s).