aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

"I wiz playin' fitba' an' a scored an' did a Klinnsmann"

After all these years we're stilling calling it a Klinsman? Brilliant. I suppose scoring with one of those in-off-the-crossbar goals would still be called a Yeboah? Just checking coz those two names bring back some happy childhood memories.

Im with you there.

Parents being shits with kids in general piss me off. I was on a flight to Bologne a couple of years ago and I witnessed one of the most incredible instances of parents being plonkers with a screaming brat. The kid screamed its head off for about 40 minutes (audible to the whole plane). The parents then came through the curtain to the Club Europe bit and were told that theyd have to use the economy toilets to change their kid. They then proceeded to wake me up (I was in the first row, right next to toilet in Club) and pulled down the table thing on front of my seat to change their screaming bundle of joy on. When I slammed the table back up in disbelief they looked at me although I was a child molester. I then told them as politely as I could that I needed to eat my lunch off that table, and would prefer if I didnt have to share my lunch with both the presence and odour of fresh, steamy baby shite. They continued to argue with me until the staff eventually shoved them back towards the queue for the toilet at the back.

Now, I dont have kids and I can understand that they just wanted to change their kid but if theyd wanted to use the Club toilet (which tends to have no queue) then they should pay for the fucking ticket like the rest of us. Trying to change the kid at my seat was bbeyond belief. Ironically, if theyd just joined the queue at the back which was only a couple of people long, and would have taken a max of maybe 5-10 minutes when the brat started screeching then there wouldnt have been an issue.

that is unbelieveable....

gads....

"i ordered a salad here, nae a potted heid!"

GADS.

• Upvote 1

People who say ''There's nothing worse than.."

Eg. '' There's nothing worse than wanting a cup of tea and realising there's no milk.''

Frustrating I grant you, but there are many,many things worse.

Or "that's the last thing I want".

Like as in, "I don't this to turn into an argument, that's the last thing I want". There are things I would want less, like cancer, or an axe through the face, or drinking diahorrea.

Or "that's the last thing I want".

Like as in, "I don't this to turn into an argument, that's the last thing I want". There are things I would want less, like cancer, or an axe through the face, or drinking diahorrea.

Agreed.

Very irritating expressions.

I hate those Anti-Piracy warnings at the start of dvds, you know the "you wouldn't steal a car...tv....dvd, etc." one. I object to these people thinking that they know what my moral stance is, maybe I'd happily steal any of these things, as well as downloading their shitting films.

Plus the song in the background is shite.

Im with you there.

They then proceeded to wake me up (I was in the first row, right next to toilet in Club) and pulled down the table thing on front of my seat to change their screaming bundle of joy on. When I slammed the table back up in disbelief they looked at me although I was a child molester. I then told them as politely as I could that I needed to eat my lunch off that table, and would prefer if I didnt have to share my lunch with both the presence and odour of fresh, steamy baby shite.

For some reason I really don't believe anyone would actually do that...

I hate those Anti-Piracy warnings at the start of dvds, you know the "you wouldn't steal a car...tv....dvd, etc." one. I object to these people thinking that they know what my moral stance is, maybe I'd happily steal any of these things, as well as downloading their shitting films.

Plus the song in the background is shite.

Nicked right off Ed Byrne, that...

I agree though - surely the people watching the fucking dvd aren't the ones who need to be warned about how evil it is to steal the FUCKING DVD THEY'RE WATCHING!!! Fucking get a grip, FACT.

It's completely counter productive - every time I put on a DVD and see that warning, I think to myself "I wish I'd downloaded it so I wouldn't have to watch this pish". D'oh.

The new Diet Coke ad with Duffy singing in a weird helium-voice - GAH!

So true. Every time that advert comes on I have to mute the TV or change channel. Urgh!

One of my pet hates is the recorded phone messages you get. "Congratulations you've won a trip to ............" Argh, just fuck right off!