aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

People who walk along the pavement reading/writing a text message on their mobile phone without looking up until the last minute when, in a fit of mild panic at seeing someone straight ahead of them, they move slightly to their left to avoid me, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ALREADY MOVED TO MY RIGHT, YOU FUCKING SHITEHOOP.

Thus, there is sometimes a small collision whereby I frown and exhale and they confusingly apologise.

Just don't do it, kids. It's worse than drugs.

In fact, not even looking up at all is worse than drugs. That's just ignorant and arrogant.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

People who add 's to every brand name in the world which doesn't actually include one. Tesco's. Bristow's. Rustico's.

For fuck's sake. It's Tesco, Bristow, Rustico.

For added annoyance, they may also write them without apostraphes. This not only makes them incorrect but also nonsensical, given that by and large, the reason 's is added to a shop, business or restaraunt's name is to imply ownership.

H.S Tesco's Supermarket. John Bristow's Helicopters. Mr Rustico's Restaurant.

It twists my scrotum into an incomprehensible shape...metaphorically speaking.

FUCKING SHITEHOOP..

Hahah

At least you get an apology. I love (hate) it when people start giving a gobful at someone when they themselves were clearly at fault. Like a few months back when I was on the bus, and some man with his son and an unleashed dog started to cross the road without looking and were forced back onto the pavement because a Bus was heading right for him. This was obviously the bus drivers fault, so the man gave some naughty hand gestures and a torrent of abuse which was audible through glass over the top of the sounds of a bus engine, setting a fine example for his young boy stood next to him.

It's the same when motorists ignore stop signs and zebra crossings and are forced into slamming on the brakes because a pedestrian is crossing, or think they have the right of way because the pelican crossing has began to flash yellow when the pedestrian is only half way over the road, so they start to rev their engine, moving forwards and beeping their horn... If only there was some kind of legal requirement where potential drivers had to be assessed before being granted the permission to drive a car.

If I were king...

People who add 's to every brand name in the world which doesn't actually include one. Tesco's. Bristow's. Rustico's.

For fuck's sake. It's Tesco, Bristow, Rustico.

For added annoyance, they may also write them without apostraphes. This not only makes them incorrect but also nonsensical, given that by and large, the reason 's is added to a shop, business or restaraunt's name is to imply ownership.

H.S Tesco's Supermarket. John Bristow's Helicopters. Mr Rustico's Restaurant.

It twists my scrotum into an incomprehensible shape...metaphorically speaking.

Yeah I think I mentioned this many pages back on here, Asdas.....another one I hate is mines...as in "that's mines" eh?

What is annoying is when you're driving and some fuckhead just walks out in front of you and just casually stolls across the road and expects you to stop for them. I tend to push in the clutch then floor the gas so it revs up and scares them. Also annoying is when you are at a junction which has a crosswalk waiting for the lights on your side to go green, and then when they do, the road in front of you is full of pedestrians who couldn't wait for the man to go green before they crossed the road. Then you miss ten seconds of the green light while they get out of your fucking way.

Another is when cars go through orange / red lights or at stuck at a box junction waiting to turn right, and turn the corner after the green man has appeared and the crossing is beeping. The amount of times people have had to stand on the pavement and wait for the road to clear before they cross, while the green man is on is pretty frightening. If everybody just stuck to the fucking rules...

What is annoying is when you're driving and some fuckhead just walks out in front of you and just casually stolls across the road and expects you to stop for them. I tend to push in the clutch then floor the gas so it revs up and scares them. Also annoying is when you are at a junction which has a crosswalk waiting for the lights on your side to go green, and then when they do, the road in front of you is full of pedestrians who couldn't wait for the man to go green before they crossed the road. Then you miss ten seconds of the green light while they get out of your fucking way.

It's the ones that do this then do that shit apologetic half run thing.

You're not getting out of the way any faster what's the fucking point!?!

I tend to push in the clutch then floor the gas so it revs up and scares them.

I hate to be a captain bringdown, but isn't that illegal now, even if it is your right of way, and they shouldn't have crossed...?

There is a ridiculous amount of people who just don't seem to fear death, and infact, live for danger. Far too many people just don't look when they cross and don't even care.

I even look the other way on a one way street. I seen it on Police Camera Action where the speeding offender heads down a one way to try and avoid the nick, scraping a close shave with a pedestrian. He could have had brains splattered on his headlights.

I don't think revving your engine is illegal, perhaps speeding up and driving right at them is. Annoyingly even if you toot your horn at them they give you the finger like YOU are in the wrong!

On another note, have you ever noticed how there isn't an angry grown up word for action of sounding the horn. Just childish playschool sounding words.

Here mate - did you just fucking peep at me!

Toot at me again and I'll break your legs!

How could you take that seriously?

I tooted at a guy once who cut me up really badly on a roundabout. He stopped his car in the middle of the roundabout and got out and came at me. I just drove around him and kept going. He was obviously a twat.

i don't think it's illegal to put the clutch down and rev. but i'm pretty sure if you did it on your test they wouldn't approve!

i'm a learner driver and i hate anyone who gets pissy with me on the roads and cuts me up in anger at me sticking to the speed limit or beeps their horn at me if they feel i've not moved off at a junction quickly enough etc. i don't care if it is a slight inconvenience to you that i'm not so quick as a more experienced driver, you were a learner once too, you prick. learn some manners.

also hate going down the beach at the weekend. last time i did some excellent parent's child let go of their balloon, so he ran into the road to catch it, dragging said kid behind him. right in front of my car. yeah. cheers.

• Upvote 2

I'm sure it's illegal in some form to intimidate someone crossing the road by revving your engine. I'm certain my mum told me it when she was learning to be a driving instructor. She failed at becoming one though, so maybe that's why. Maybe she made it up, but at the time, she had driving instructor authority. She could have told me having your wipers on when it's not raining can get you sent to prison and I'd probably be here right now telling you.

I'm sure it's illegal in some form to intimidate someone crossing the road by revving your engine. I'm certain my mum told me it when she was learning to be a driving instructor. She failed at becoming one though, so maybe that's why. Maybe she made it up, but at the time, she had driving instructor authority. She could have told me having your wipers on when it's not raining can get you sent to prison and I'd probably be here right now telling you.

im pretty sure if someone reved their engine and you happened to have a heart attack or something due to it you could sue them, providing you could prove they did it to imtimidate you. May be wrong tho, although you can sue for anything now a days.

I guess it's the same as when cars splash you with the puddles on the side of the road. They can get fined for this, but I bet it's near impossible to prove they did it, and you'd have to memorize the registration plate as it drives away

Doing this is one of my last remaining pleasures in life. Please do not take it away from me.

Guest idol_wild
I guess it's the same as when cars splash you with the puddles on the side of the road. They can get fined for this, but I bet it's near impossible to prove they did it, and you'd have to memorize the registration plate as it drives away

I just do a T-2 on their ass and catch up with them.

i'm a learner driver and i hate anyone who gets pissy with me on the roads and cuts me up in anger at me sticking to the speed limit or beeps their horn at me if they feel i've not moved off at a junction quickly enough etc. i don't care if it is a slight inconvenience to you that i'm not so quick as a more experienced driver, you were a learner once too, you prick. learn some manners.

I completely agree. I'm learning to drive at the moment and people can be such tosspots! If I stall and people start beeping their horns at me, my driving instructor tells me to just sit there until I'm ready to start up again. People need to remember they once had to learn to drive as well.

Also, daft old women that stagger across Union Street without paying attention to all the traffic. I had one walk out in front of me today, so annoying.

Guest idol_wild
Do your arms melt into the shape of crowbars?

Yes. It's impressive, even if I do say so myself.

It's especially useful for piercing people through the face when they're drinking milk straight out of the carton, 'cause that's just not cricket.

Guest idol_wild
That's all his problem was. He didn't really care where John Connor was. He was just really jacked up about hygiene.

And quite right. Drinking milk from the carton is just not on.

DON'T DO IT UNLESS YOU WANT A REALLY POINTY BLADE RIGHT THROUGH YOUR KISSER, KIDS.