aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I watch Manyoo alot on telly, and I've never heard the crowd turn on their own players except for a few jeers at Ronaldo recently, who fully deserve the flack, as his work rate is apalling. They've never boo'd a bad result from what I've seen. Not even the trouncing from Liverpool. When things go badly they just sit in silence. Or go home.

The only time they are noisey is if when they are in the away end, as it's the regulars who had to earn their away ticket. Half of the folk at Old Trafford these days are probably there for the first time with their cameras and banners, hoping to get shown on tv after a 12 hour road trip from Plymouth and Dover.

It's a shame. When I used to go with my folks, it was deafening compared to my puny little Hillsborough. As soon as they conceded a goal, the whole place would erupt with chants to get them back into the game. It could possibly be the reason why they constantly came form behind and snatched late winners 10 or so years ago. They just don't get that kind of rallying from the crowd anymore.

I don't understand the prawn sandwich comment.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

people who don't understand the concept of alcaholic proof. this manifests itself in a few ways

1. those who think that proof and volume are the same "fuckin hell min, 'is vodka's 80 per cent" no you fuckwit it's 40% and 80 proof.

2. those who think that it is the same to the extent that they refer to it as "percent proof" there is no such concept you fucking asses

3. i dunno, just the fact that people also can't work out the complex maths of doubling % volume to calculate the alcoholic proof. (or half it for vice versa). they think it's like converting celcius to farenheit or something.

Always being hot. I'm always so hot. Especially at work, because offices are always so ridiculously hot. Or maybe it's just me being so uncomfortably hot. I don't even own a coat, and I haven't done since I was 15, because I am practically made of fire..

I took a cold shower at work after cycling in through the rain the other day, and I was still sweating when I got to my desk. So hot. I'm pretty confident I could survive a house fire. I feel I would just merge into the flames, like the T-1000 does with metal. I would just seap through the crevis in the cleiling, and take my human form on the roof of the house.

The small of my back feels like a puddle.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

saying the last name "garriock" to people and them thinking they're correcting you by saying "it's Gee-Ree".

look, the guy's name is fucking GARRIOCK. Not garioch. He pronounces it Gah-Ree-Ock. What the fuck do you want from me?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
people who don't understand the concept of alcaholic proof. this manifests itself in a few ways

1. those who think that proof and volume are the same "fuckin hell min, 'is vodka's 80 per cent" no you fuckwit it's 40% and 80 proof.

2. those who think that it is the same to the extent that they refer to it as "percent proof" there is no such concept you fucking asses

3. i dunno, just the fact that people also can't work out the complex maths of doubling % volume to calculate the alcoholic proof. (or half it for vice versa). they think it's like converting celcius to farenheit or something.

Kinda similar - but not a pet hate as such. When we were too young to drink I remember some people getting the whole % thing with alcohol spectacularly wrong.

"I had 6 of those beers at 5% on Saturday night, I'm pure mental, I mean, that's like 30%"

"No, it's 6 beers at 5%, moron."

Guest treader.

My pet hate recently is:

95% of people who use Xbox Live. The racism and pathetic arguments that take place on there are not even worthy of listening to...so usually I don't. It's the most annoying when you're just chatting to people you know, or are getting to know from chatting to on Xbox Live then some little kid comes on and starts calling everyone 'pricks' or throwing the 'n' word around. Freedom of speech and all that, but it's just not enjoyable. You fucking diiiiiiiiicks.

My pet hate recently is:

95% of people who use Xbox Live. The racism and pathetic arguments that take place on there are not even worthy of listening to...so usually I don't. It's the most annoying when you're just chatting to people you know, or are getting to know from chatting to on Xbox Live then some little kid comes on and starts calling everyone 'pricks' or throwing the 'n' word around. Freedom of speech and all that, but it's just not enjoyable. You fucking diiiiiiiiicks.

i have turned off voice chat for this very reason. the only people i can hear now are people on my friends list or in my party. it's bliss but makes teamwork tricky.

Guest treader.

It's the absolute childish nature of the arguments though...ridiculous.

'Where you from?!'

'California'

'HAHAHA, YOU FAT STUPID PIECE OF SHIT'

'uhh....not all americans are fat, or stupid'

'shut it, fatty'

'whatever, you're probably a virgin'

'fuck off, tubbs'

Ad infinitum.

I've never used voice chat. I sometimes have the headset on to hear what people are saying whilst I play, but the mic is always off. It's pretty funny on 10 v 10 on Fifa, especially if you miss a sitter. Everyone goes apeshit. Its a horrible mode though. No one passes the ball.

I wish Xbox live was strictly for grown ups. Sensible grown ups.

Guest treader.

I was playing COD4 online last night in a party with only one person I knew and a bunch of random dudes.

It was a 'no scope only' match where you use a sniper rifle, but just fire from the hip making it harder/funnier.

I got bored after a while so turned my mic off and switched to a fully automatic machine gun and was just slaughtering them with it, and throwing grenades, and stabbing people. Listening to about 15 people I've never met before going absolutely nuts at me was the highlight of my evening. (Yes, I lead a shitty, boring life) especially one Glaswegian lad who kept saying "AYYYYYE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT, YOU PURE JUST STABBED ME. THERE'S NOT A FUCKING SCOPE ON A KNIFEE"

there is nothing better than the banter on xbox live i think, i laugh my ass off most nights, especially after pwning some n00bs and then listening to them complain that i cheat, teabagging and verbal abuse are part of online gaming. I know im sad but its fun.

If it bothers you just mute them all, i mute most people in big team games as it lags the game a bit. They put that party thing on for a reason as well, just have your party in a private chat and bobs your uncle.

Guest treader.
What is even more annoying is the fact that it is my own mother who served me, and I order the same thing every fucking time.

:swearing:

I was gonna say "maybe it's not mayo" before I read it was your mum. Then I just thought that your mum was probably taking the piss.

Going to the local deli, ordering a white bap with no mayo and my usual filling, then realising once I've left the store that I have a brown bap and loads of mayo...

What is even more annoying is the fact that it is my own mother who served me, and I order the same thing every fucking time.

:swearing:

hahaha, that's awesome.

there is nothing better than the banter on xbox live i think, i laugh my ass off most nights, especially after pwning some n00bs and then listening to them complain that i cheat, teabagging and verbal abuse are part of online gaming. I know im sad but its fun.

If it bothers you just mute them all, i mute most people in big team games as it lags the game a bit. They put that party thing on for a reason as well, just have your party in a private chat and bobs your uncle.

I can mute the gobshites, but I can't stop wimps from quitting when I batter their poncey Manyoo side with my furious Shef Wednesday.

Xbox live suxxx

I can mute the gobshites, but I can't stop wimps from quitting when I batter their poncey Manyoo side with my furious Shef Wednesday.

Xbox live suxxx

yeah the quitting thing has become a huge problem in most games on xbox live but then there is no way to stop that, if people want to quit its their choice, its happened thoughout games being played over the net.

Guest idol_wild

Toilet attendants.

I'm not normally the type that goes to these "style bars" (my own phrase) and whenever I return with old school friends or people that way inclined, I forget how much I resent having to pay for someone to pass me a wee white paper towl to dry my beautiful hands, and then spray some smelly shit in my face.

FUCK OFF, YOU CUNT, YOU'RE GETTING NO MONEY FROM ME BECAUSE YOUR JOB IS ALMOST LITERALLY A JOKE.

Like, if i go to one of these establishments I will literally wait until my group of friends want to leave and then take a leak in the street. I'm against doing that, but it seems more acceptable than having to pay (at the bare minimum) a pound for someone to pass you a tissue.

GET A REAL JOB, PERSON.

Clown shoes.

Toilet attendants.

I'm not normally the type that goes to these "style bars" (my own phrase) and whenever I return with old school friends or people that way inclined, I forget how much I resent having to pay for someone to pass me a wee white paper towl to dry my beautiful hands, and then spray some smelly shit in my face.

FUCK OFF, YOU CUNT, YOU'RE GETTING NO MONEY FROM ME BECAUSE YOUR JOB IS ALMOST LITERALLY A JOKE.

Like, if i go to one of these establishments I will literally wait until my group of friends want to leave and then take a leak in the street. I'm against doing that, but it seems more acceptable than having to pay (at the bare minimum) a pound for someone to pass you a tissue.

GET A REAL JOB, PERSON.

Clown shoes.

ha - yeah! We've had loads of people asking to do that in Drummonds recently. They dont actually get paid and just get tips but think I may give it a miss. I wouldnt wish a night in Drummonds toilets on anyone to be fair.