aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

There is always one in the group who looks like Newton Faulkner. No idea exactly why that is.

Both the headphone and clothesline stories are pretty cringeworthy. Where the hell do they get off acting like that? The irony is that surely you'd be more inclined to give to a charity if the worker just kind of stopped you politely rather than doing something as glaringly obnoxious as that?

I feel more inclined to give to charities who don't swarm the streets with money grabbing cowboys. I don't think that leaves many charities left, mind.

And while I am at it, I was 14.80 for two bottles of beer and two spirits with cola in Espionage last night.

I mean, seriously: what the absolute fucking fuck is that all about!? I can't believe people regularly pay that for drinks.

Me and Dave Shower Esq once popped in there for some unknown reason, not realising that the WIN of getting in for free is countered by the EPIC FAIL drinks prices. We were about 20 for one of my 'turbo' rounds.

Categorically not :up:

Oh, today's gripe is against the short bearded guy who works downstairs at One Up, who thought it would help his terrible day if he bashed around the second hand cd's that I bought this afternoon. Each one, he rammed into the box, smashed it closed and slammed it down on the other side of the counter. When he was finished, he picked up the pile and slammed them down back to the original side of the counter before putting them in a bag. He didn't even tell me how much it came to in total. I guess he thought I was underpaying, so he'd chuck them around a bit until they were of true second hand value. Kudos, as he did a good job because 3 out of six now have cracked cases and 2 weren't being held in place by the peg in the centre anymore when I opened them up.

I'm sorry if you're not having the best of days, but you can't hate your job that much, surely? You work in a record shop. You're doing what acne-ridden 14 year olds dream of as they buy their first Iron Maiden record from the god-like figure from behind the counter who can wear band shirts to work and swear at his colleagues. Cheer the fuck up, at least whilst you're serving me, pisscase.

I don't care how un-punk rock it is, the chubby lad who tended to be downstairs at Zavvi was a pleasure to buy CD's from and I'd rather have gone there any day. He'd often spark conversations about what I was buying if there wasn't a queue. Since Zavvi's demise, I hope that chap is doing better in life than the miserable cuntmud in 1UP

Continuing the charity theme, those stupid plastic bags that they put through your door asking you to leave bags of clothes on your doorstep for them to collect at a later date. Stop chucking your fucking trash through my door, save the money you are spending on all these bags and donate it to yourself.

Oh, and Su Pollard.

Oh, today's gripe is against the short bearded guy who works downstairs at One Up, who thought it would help his terrible day if he bashed around the second hand cd's that I bought this afternoon. Each one, he rammed into the box, smashed it closed and slammed it down on the other side of the counter. When he was finished, he picked up the pile and slammed them down back to the original side of the counter before putting them in a bag. He didn't even tell me how much it came to in total. I guess he thought I was underpaying, so he'd chuck them around a bit until they were of true second hand value. Kudos, as he did a good job because 3 out of six now have cracked cases and 2 weren't being held in place by the peg in the centre anymore when I opened them up.

I'm sorry if you're not having the best of days, but you can't hate your job that much, surely? You work in a record shop. You're doing what acne-ridden 14 year olds dream of as they buy their first Iron Maiden record from the god-like figure from behind the counter who can wear band shirts to work and swear at his colleagues. Cheer the fuck up, at least whilst you're serving me, pisscase.

I don't care how un-punk rock it is, the chubby lad who tended to be downstairs at Zavvi was a pleasure to buy CD's from and I'd rather have gone there any day. He'd often spark conversations about what I was buying if there wasn't a queue. Since Zavvi's demise, I hope that chap is doing better in life than the miserable cuntmud in 1UP

I'm pretty sure I saw thon bearded lad with the ponytail from downstairs at Zavvi in town with a HMV uniform the other day. Could be mistaken though.

Cracking bloke.

Ah One Up are normally really nice and helpful too and are generally all well into their music knowing a few of the staff pretty well.

As for Zavvi that guy was always very nice though I know someone who worked for said firm who says they get trained in how to make conversation with people about what theyve bought.

Not saying that was the case here but I quite often got the "ah good album that one" chat so one day when a little tipsy decided to dig a bit deeper and the girl admitted she hadnt even listened to it. Thats rubbish. Do think the guy youre mentioning genuinely cared though and went out of his way to talk, which is nice!

They are all just a collective shitstorm. Being leeched into giving money is such a poor show. I'm fully aware these charities exist, so I don't want to be guilted into coughing up a bit of change. If you don't have any cash with you, they'll happily take your bank details and DD it straight from your account... Are you fucking nuts? I'm supposed to give my account details to some unwashed, dreadlocked shitbasket on the street? I don't give a piss if you've got a clipboard and a name badge. You could be anyone, and you could go and buy youself a garden shed to grow your hemp in off Amazon with my details. Cock off.

Haha, you are bang on.

I hate the fact that all the guys look like studenty surfers and all the girls are 'kooky hippy chicks' and they've normally got on a poncho or a tie-dye headband or some other talisman of wankery. I think they're supposed to look like they've spent a year in Mozambique helping refugees in an attempt to add a bit of authenticity to their charity, when in reality they all study at Aberdeen Uni and go to Glastonbury every year with their wages from saving the world.

I refuse to talk to, let alone give money to anybody who looks like they believe in the healing power of crystals and think that World Music is 'really trippy'.

Those fucking neds that ride around on their scooters with the DEAFENING farty exhausts late at night and wake everybody up. Do they modify the exhausts to make them that loud or do all scooters sound like that?

This also applies to boy racers in fast cars with massive exhausts. They were the bane of my life when I was working night shifts. There really ought to be a volume test in the MOT, much like the emissions one. If your car is too loud it fails.

Those fucking neds that ride around on their scooters with the DEAFENING farty exhausts late at night and wake everybody up. Do they modify the exhausts to make them that loud or do all scooters sound like that?

This also applies to boy racers in fast cars with massive exhausts. They were the bane of my life when I was working night shifts. There really ought to be a volume test in the MOT, much like the emissions one. If your car is too loud it fails.

You should try living where i do.

But then where would you live?

:laughing:

They seem to do it to their Vauxhall Nova's and Peugeot 205's as well. They leave the engine well alone because they don't really know anything about cars. They just put in some racing seatbelts and attach a massive exhaust, so their car sounds more important than it is.

It's about time someone was to stuff that tank exhaust full of newspaper. For funsies.