aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Hipster snobs are weird. I have some chump on my Facebook who I used to think was a nice guy, but now he's some kind of culinary nazi. He keeps posting "Definitive Top 10 tasty foodstuffs" every other week. Sometimes its jams, or breads, or just overall foodstuffs. I consider myself a jam lover, but the only jam I'd heard of was Apricot jam. Pretty sure he'd made all these jams up. I asked him "where's the raspberry at?" and I got the "pfft. commoner" response. What a boob. Yesterday he did some list of overall BEST FOOD EVER. Number 1 was Olive Oil. Really? Olive Oil is your favourite food? What, you just swig it from the bottle in a paper bag out on the kerb? Total pube.

You ever heard anyone get all elitist about jam? Srsly.

• Upvote 3

Hipster snobs are weird. I have some chump on my Facebook who I used to think was a nice guy, but now he's some kind of culinary nazi. He keeps posting "Definitive Top 10 tasty foodstuffs" every other week. Sometimes its jams, or breads, or just overall foodstuffs. I consider myself a jam lover, but the only jam I'd heard of was Apricot jam. Pretty sure he'd made all these jams up. I asked him "where's the raspberry at?" and I got the "pfft. commoner" response. What a boob. Yesterday he did some list of overall BEST FOOD EVER. Number 1 was Olive Oil. Really? Olive Oil is your favourite food? What, you just swig it from the bottle in a paper bag out on the kerb? Total pube.

You ever heard anyone get all elitist about jam? Srsly.

A friend of mine constantly posts pictures of his healthy dinners. So every time he does, I update him on what unhealthy stuff I've had.

Picture of salmon and salad.

Comment about a half pack of oreos.

PIcture of some chicken dish with salad.

Comment about pizza, with 2 sides and a dessert.

collect some of the pollen and sprinkle it lovingly on his towel, his face towel especially if he possesses one. I anticipate he will be thankful for such a thoughtful jape and you will both chortle heartily at it.

'oh yooouuu' as he playfully rubs your hair

• Upvote 1

Double concentrated squash. I've spent 29 years understanding the correct blend of squash and water and now you pull this shit?! I'm too old to change, so any juice just tastes like I'm drinking jam.

Remember the old measurement of squash you used to use back in the good old days? Half it.

pooing in unison with someone. You go into a cubicle at the same time as someone and come out at the same time. Awkward. Pooing should not be a public activity. I always try to wait it out and come out when noone else is in there but sometimes I get my timing wrong.

• Upvote 2

Guest Gladstone

I dislike toilets at work full stop. The whole "openness" of the cubicles unnerves me slightly. You can hear the groans coming from the fat old guy in the cubicle next to you (and that's just him trying to have a piss...!!). Very off-putting.

I much prefer using a toilet in complete isolation. Door locked. Silence.

Plus: Poop for Pay is a perk i subscribe to.

Quite literally there's an app for that. You type in your hourly rate and start a timer. It then tells you how much your turd cost the company. Can't remember what it's called though.

My pet hate in the toilet department is those horrible cubicles that have a half-inch gap all around the door and people could quite easily see in if they were that way inclined. Most shitters in the US of A are like that. Im with Gladstone on the isolation front. My old work had two lockable doors before you got to the chunty. I could make as much farty noises as i pleased in there and nobody could hear. Bliss.

EDIT: It's number 8 on this list: http://the-gadgeteer.com/2009/09/07/10-really-crappy-apps-for-the-iphone-literally/

I really do hate public toilets. The worst is when the entire place is empty, I'm quite happily peeing and some stupid wankatron has to occupy the cubicle right next to me and fart/piss/shit like there's no tomorrow. In complete silence. They could at least have the decency to go a couple of cubicles away from me and perhaps flush the toilet a bit to break the silence, but NO, JUST SHIT RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO ME.

Another thing I hate is when people keep walking into you when you're in town or in shops. Can they not see that my feet are occupying that specific space they're trying to invade at that current point in time? Can they not wait until my feet have moved? Why must they walk over the top of me? And when people park right next to the car you're in even though the entire car park is deserted, then proceed to open the door and fanny around with their child so you can't get out.

• Upvote 1

Having to choose woods for the neck and fretboard of a guitar. So much choice! I was adamant no rosewood then saw this picture and the first thing that caught my eye was actually the rosewood!. This is just what the guy has in stock for necks, not even for fretboards! Wenge neck with purpleheart fretboard is what I am thinking atm. See what the wood looks like first though. If he is willing to use that rosewood as a fretboard may have to see if he can get some interesting maple for a neck.

2012-05-29131037.jpg

[/spoileer]