aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

i do indeed. i will update in due course.

I found a 30 day free trial + £15 amazon voucher offer for lovefilm so bit the bullet. The online streaming is pretty good. Maybe a little bit below regular TV quality but perfectly watchable. No stuttering or artifacts on the picture, ran perfectly from beginning to end of a 90 minute film. I've got a 40" samsung HDTV so plenty of room to notice flaws in the picture if they were there. Some good films available on the streaming selection too.

The offer should anyone else want to try -> http://www.lovefilm.com/partnership/lfamaz1?promotion_code=LFAM1511

Pet hate was them messing up my address though. Despite me entering it manually they seem to have allocated me an address which is one of my neighbours.

• Upvote 1

Police speed traps.....

Bloody police stopped me last night as I was just entering Pitmedden village.... they were lying in wait by the tennis courts with a radar gun and caught me as I was just approaching the 30mph sign (I WAS just slowing down cos I always drive through at 30mph normally) bastards must have zapped me before the sign though, cuz I'd slowed down from approx 50mph to 41mph..... I got a lecture and a warning, reminding me that it SHOULD have been 3 points & a £60 fine.... no other cars around, no pedestrians, and they left for pastures new just after dealing with me....

Have they nothing better to do @ 9.00pm on chilly night in December ?

Go catch drivers with NO mot's, insurance, stolen cars, etc.....

Grrrr :swearing:

Well, you should be doing 30mph upon reaching the sign, technically. Least they were nice and didn't do you for it.

Well... true enough, but I was slowing down as I approached it, and as the pic indicates...there's not a fair distance to zap with a radar twice to get a margin of error imo !

(at least I've still got a clean licence :))

Pet hate currently (mostly my own fault) is checking how to get to new job in Kirkhill Industrial Estate, going and picking up a timetable and shelling out £30 for two weeks worth of bus pass, then checking the timetable a few hours later and finding out there isn't a bus going back into town from Howe Moss between quarter to five and ten past six. The annoying thing is I thought I had checked it out OK, but really, what do First bus think all the people they took out there to start at half eight on their reasonably timed morning service are going to do? (Don't tell me work an extra hour for their new employer as I know that's what I'll do and it isn't really the end of the world, I just hate First.)

Pet hate currently (mostly my own fault) is checking how to get to new job in Kirkhill Industrial Estate, going and picking up a timetable and shelling out £30 for two weeks worth of bus pass, then checking the timetable a few hours later and finding out there isn't a bus going back into town from Howe Moss between quarter to five and ten past six. The annoying thing is I thought I had checked it out OK, but really, what do First bus think all the people they took out there to start at half eight on their reasonably timed morning service are going to do? (Don't tell me work an extra hour for their new employer as I know that's what I'll do and it isn't really the end of the world, I just hate First.)

27?