aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

It's been downgraded to category 1 and hasn't hit land yet (or maybe it has, just. I'm trying to avoid the news as much as possible). Nature tells me it'll slow down as it passes over land so hopefully it'll be fairly gentle by the time it makes it up here. I've never experienced anything quite like this, pretty terrifying to be honest. Luckily my street is in 'Zone C' which means it's pretty safe and only a category 4 or 5 would cause flooding. Our windows are pretty flimsy but my building seems pretty solid. The entire lower manhattan has been evacuated which is completely unprecedented. It's obviously post-katrina extra-precautions but i'm fine with the city being safe rather than sorry, even if it does make people panic a bit more.

ach, i'm sure it'll be fine.

Got woken up last night with my windows shaking. A lot of rain and debris in the streets but overall the hurricane came and went without much chaos. At least where I am. I reckon i'll take a walk later to see some of the devestation.

I've even still got power and the football is on. :up:

Wearing just T shirt, Cargo Shorts and my naked feet inside my house crocs.... I make the mistake of rushing while emptying the dishwasher, and dropped a glass caserole dish, which promptly shattered and cut open my ankle quite badly.... more haste, less speed, Sam, .....then you wouldn't have done that, you daft twat !

I live and learn..... fucking hurt though !..... and what an amount of small pieces of glass to clean up !

Wearing just T shirt, Cargo Shorts and my naked feet inside my house crocs.... I make the mistake of rushing while emptying the dishwasher, and dropped a glass caserole dish, which promptly shattered and cut open my ankle quite badly.... more haste, less speed, Sam, .....then you wouldn't have done that, you daft twat !

I live and learn..... fucking hurt though !..... and what an amount of small pieces of glass to clean up !

Maybe that'll teach you to never wear crocs again in your life... ;)

Slippers gents, slippers.

Oh absolutely, I'm all about the slippers in the house, I've even got a proper pair of brown tartan old mannie slippers. Crocs are ace for when you're on holiday and stuff though, good for poolside / beach activities and for walking around town in as well. Crocs 1, Flip Flops 0. Your move flip flops.

Every time I've had the misfortune of wearing crocs I didn't find them comfortable at all. The only time I have ever seen them being worn (and worn them myself) is in Surgical Wards in hospital. They have them there as they are easy to clean (and presumably because no one would be daft enough to wear them outside and present an infection risk!)

Scrubs however are FUCKING AMAZING. It's like walking around in pyjamas and I know many people who wish they could wear them at home too!

I love my Crocs..... I wear them around the house like slippers, and for me, they are a lot more comfortable than slippers (don't get your feet so hot)

.... and the material they are made from is ace at removing any hard skin on your feet, they are easy to keep clean, all in all, a great item of footwear.....despite of what some of you think ! :p

Crocs = 2 Slippers = 0

I love my Crocs..... I wear them around the house like slippers, and for me, they are a lot more comfortable than slippers (don't get your feet so hot)

.... and the material they are made from is ace at removing any hard skin on your feet, they are easy to keep clean, all in all, a great item of footwear.....despite of what some of you think ! :p

Crocs = 2 Slippers = 0

Easier to keep clean than... your feet. Dirty bugger. ;)

I actually had to look up 'crocs' to find out what the fuck you were all talking about. I am familiar with them. There's a guy in the office who wears them around here which is strange.

I wear socks or nothing around the home*. I have my holiday flip flops handy for taking out the rubbish and such like.

*edit, sorry if I conjured up images of a man naked exept for socks. I mean socks or nothing on my feet.

One of my online friends posted a nice photo of a blue sky on Facebook with the tagline "simple." It was simple, it was a nice simple photo. Well done him. What really upset me was a woman who commented on the photo saying "I agree ____! So simple and yet every sky scape is unique. You'll never quite get that mix of colours and shapes again! How AMAZING is God's imagination!"

Now what on Earth does she mean? I personally don't believe in God, but I am friends with plenty that do. Now is this woman, who is an educated woman in her 50s I believe, honestly suggesting that God's imagination is responsible for the "unique" sky scape? If there was, or is, a God does she think that part of a day's work for him is making the sky look pretty, or even that this sky scape was part of his big "plan"? Is every cloud in the sky just a little bit of his imagination? Really? Does it rain when he's taking a piss?

Perhaps by imagination she meant the world as his creation, in which case the beauty of a sky scape could conceivably be part of his imagination, I suppose. The way she phrased it suggests that she thinks he's up there thinking this shit through!??

Basically, my pet hate here is this comment that was made about a nice photo, not about people who believe in God. It was a stupid fucking comment and I can't believe a grown woman would actually type such a ludicrous, idiotic comment that belongs in the mind of a 4 year old in a religious nursery school in the American mid-west. I hope that next time she is looking at the sky and pondering the wonders of God's imagination she is driving and crashes into a wall causing minor damage to her vehicle.

• Upvote 1