aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Odd neighbours, now I have some strange little man who has an unhealthy interest in my gas meter box and kitchen and games room windows. The fucker has been caught twice sneaking his way out of the little alcove that leads to the windows and box, and only the windows and box. The cunt will get my foot up his arse if he does it again.

Doesn't help that a couple of weeks ago he was shitfaced in Asda and waving his arms at the self-checkout staff. The moment I realised he was heading to the same building as me wasn't fun.

Slootboogs, have you ever considered moving to a nicer area? A genuine question, not being sarky. Sounds like you put up with all kinds of shit with neighbours.

I can only assume budget comes into it. Take what you can get/afford, and all that. You can also never predict where cunty neighbours will strike. I live on King St which isn't so bad, but I've got some pretty loud neighbours. Students and that, with their ridiculous sleeping patterns, partying 'til 6am. Easily fixed, mind. Nothing says "keep it down" like diarrhoea through the letterbox.

Poor customer service. Went to the doctors to tell them of my change of address which I've put off for ages. She was mid sandwich as I approached the window, but as I gave her information, she continued to eat and continued to ask me questions with a gob full of tuna mayo. Grim. When I asked her to repeat what she said, because of her mouth being full, she said it slowly, as if I was deaf, and not because her face was stuffed. Some people are just in the wrong industry.

Slootboogs, have you ever considered moving to a nicer area? A genuine question, not being sarky. Sounds like you put up with all kinds of shit with neighbours.

We genuinely thought it was a nice area, not realising that not all of the flats are privately owned (not that people in council houses are all mental, it just seems that the folk in those flats all have "issues"). We did ask the solicitor showing us around the flat for any details and looking online didn't throw up any worries. It just seems that the council owned flats move in utter nutjobs. I actually decided to increase my rent budget by 100 a month for a nicer flat, with no students in the building because I didn't want to have to put up with mid-week parties.

It's a lovely old listed building, and the flat had just been done up. The landlords had just bought it a few months before we moved in and had no idea that there were any problems with unsavoury characters.

It's a new family from Latvia apparently, so maybe he's just being nosey but the police were informed and if he does it again, he'll be getting a visit.

Guest idol_wild

Pet Hate: The fact that I seem to attract colleagues who just want to talk at me, consistently interrupting my work and consistently interrupting my internet skiving, despite only engaging and indulging them to the bare minimum level.

I do not want to talk about Hibernian FC or the Champions League draw. Neither of those topics are in any way fucking interesting to me.

Even if I fail to make eye contact and acknowledge what they say, they keep talking at me.

And what makes you think that the reason they have taken their baby into their workplace is because they feel like they have done something no one else ever has?

I can appreciate that sarcasm isn't as easy to interprete when it is written down, so I can see why you might have got confused by my statement.

I bet when she brought it in, she didn't consider that there could have been people in the office who have been trying for babies for years - that seeing this baby could be a painful reminder of what they can't do.

You're making me feel like Gilbert Gottfried. It was a comment about a baby (living I hasten to add), not a tsunami.