aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Starbucks filling my takeaway filter coffee right to the fucking brim so I can't get more than two steps out of the shop before it spills all over my fingers. Especially galling is when they give you two cups instead of a sleeve so the lid doesn't go on properly and it spills out the sides. The cup holder in the door of my car is like a swimming pool of coffee (for ants). Tomorrow Imma ask for a small coffee in a large cup. That'll fix it.

Ask for room for milk.

I'm with you - i grudge paying for a Medium and having to tip some away to get my milk in.

For my own pet hate - the students above have water problems again, more staining of the kitchen ceiling. I go up to talk to them, and they say "oh, we have been having problems with our flooring, it seems to be lifting" - ooooo, fucking, kay - do you not think you should have spoken to your agent before this!

One student last year cut and paste all of their hardcopy essay, meaning the tutor thought they were amazing, but submitted a shit one to turnitin. It was only when the tutor realised that paragraphs on the two didn't match, and read through both copies. So I guess turnitin is only good when the tutor makes sure the two match.

I don't have to attach a turnitin receipt anymore, but the fact that there are 24 groups to choose from in my essay submission mean I look dumb for picking R instead of S :down: oops

They can post, but new users first posts need to be approved by a mod so they never actually go live. They usually got round that by spamming their own profiles with visitor messages, but then we disabled visitor messaging for that very reason because we were deleting literally hundreds of them every day. We've also recently switched back on the rule that new users have to be confirmed by a mod to stop the 100+ new registrations we were getting every day from spammers, so they cant do anything until Dave looks over the registration, and he just deletes them before they can post anything.

I've been wondering about this, every time I'm on there's half a dozen names in grey (i.e. banned) and they tend to be nonsense words. I thought it was one previously-banned board member hellbent on slithering back in...

I've been wondering about this, every time I'm on there's half a dozen names in grey (i.e. banned) and they tend to be nonsense words. I thought it was one previously-banned board member hellbent on slithering back in...

Aye. We can spot them a mile away. The username is just a random array of letters (eg "ssszzejklwe") , and the "About Me" and "Listening To" parts of their profile usually just say "123456". I just sit watching the "Who's Online?" bit and ban them as soon as they register. Because I have nothing better to do :up:

Aye. We can spot them a mile away. The username is just a random array of letters (eg "ssszzejklwe") , and the "About Me" and "Listening To" parts of their profile usually just say "123456". I just sit watching the "Who's Online?" bit and ban them as soon as they register. Because I have nothing better to do :up:

Don't look now, but I think there's one lurking as we speak. Can you spot them?

Reading newspaper reports of people being cunts, ie racist abuse, vandalism, assault etc and seeing the line "the court heard that (insert name of cunt) had been drinking at the time of the incident". I'm sorry but that's not a fucking excuse. If you can't be trusted not to act like a total bell-end when you've got a drink in, then you shouldn't be drinking. I hope judges don't actually take that shite into account when handing out sentences.

The Evening Express website annoys the hell out of me. Now, I wont buy the paper, but I'm nosy enough to want to know what shitey little things are happening in Aberdeen. So, I check the EE website. Except, it's rubbish, only updates around 11am, doesn't include full stories, and many times show html script instead of a news story. Well, sometimes there is a blank screen which I suppose is preferable than reading some anti traveller bile.

Is there an alternative site for local news? I'm not interested in what Aberdeen F.C. are up to mind.

The Evening Express website annoys the hell out of me. Now, I wont buy the paper, but I'm nosy enough to want to know what shitey little things are happening in Aberdeen. So, I check the EE website. Except, it's rubbish, only updates around 11am, doesn't include full stories, and many times show html script instead of a news story. Well, sometimes there is a blank screen which I suppose is preferable than reading some anti traveller bile.

Is there an alternative site for local news? I'm not interested in what Aberdeen F.C. are up to mind.

The P&J?

I beleive you can pay for an online version of the EE with the FULL STORIES.

Amongst a thousand other things, one thing that annoys me about the EE is the videos they put on their site. They serve no purpose, they are poorly shot on a mobile phone and their titles are really misleading. The titles make them sound awesome sometimes which can lead to ultimate disappointment:

Video: Swan dies after dog attack in Aberdeen - Evening Express

Reading newspaper reports of people being cunts, ie racist abuse, vandalism, assault etc and seeing the line "the court heard that (insert name of cunt) had been drinking at the time of the incident". I'm sorry but that's not a fucking excuse. If you can't be trusted not to act like a total bell-end when you've got a drink in, then you shouldn't be drinking. I hope judges don't actually take that shite into account when handing out sentences.

"The local man was captured on CCTV hurling vicious abuse at the bartender before urinating on the premises on his way out.

The court heard that Rathen, 31, had been drinking at the time of the incident."

• Upvote 1

What annoys me more is the people who write in and complain about basically just pet hates. "blah blah blah the buses were late/so expensive" instead of real issues. You get the occasional thank you in them which is nice. But apart from that it's drivel.

I only ever read the questions that they ask folk in the streets incase I know anyone and the celebrity quotes.

What annoys me more is the people who write in and complain about basically just pet hates. "blah blah blah the buses were late/so expensive" instead of real issues. You get the occasional thank you in them which is nice. But apart from that it's drivel.

I only ever read the questions that they ask folk in the streets incase I know anyone and the celebrity quotes.

Surely bus prices/timetables are more of a real issue than celebrity quotes as they, you know, have an effect on peoples' lives in Aberdeen?

The letters are mostly made up.

Pet hate: Minks giving their kids stupid fucking names. Took Bigsby Jr to the ice rink the other and heard a minky woman shouting to their child "Ashton".

There's only one person in the world called Ashton, and he's a fucking bell-end.

And before anyone says it, Bigsby Jr is a fucking ace name, so you can fuck right off.

The letters are mostly made up.

Pet hate: Minks giving their kids stupid fucking names. Took Bigsby Jr to the ice rink the other and heard a minky woman shouting to their child "Ashton".

There's only one person in the world called Ashton, and he's a fucking bell-end.

And before anyone says it, Bigsby Jr is a fucking ace name, so you can fuck right off.

I know 2 kids called Ashton! Well, I don't know them, they're both under 3, but I know their parents. Not minks, but certainly a minky name. Ashton Kutcher is a cunt, but he is banging Demi Moore. She's fit.