aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Having to use up all my hot water because I need to "run my taps". The stupid people in the flat upstairs have somehow managed to get rust into the water tank, and the plumber has said I need to run the water until it's no longer discoloured :swearing: granted my hot water is minging water now, but I'm annoyed that it's adding to my Hydro bill.

Can't you just turn off your imersion or whatever you use to heat your hot water while you're doing it? Fair enough you lose whatever's in teh tank but probably only a bath's worth or whatever.

Another driving one, people who don't pay attention.

Specifically the stupid mong when I was driving home last night that just assumed when the lights went green the entire queue of traffic in front of her was pulling over just so she could go through the lights first, rather than to let the ambulance with it's bright flashing lights and siren go past.

The fact my cousins that live in London sound like they can bearly speak eng-ge-lish despite them actually be-in well clevar init bruv.

They even write like that.

Typing in regional dialect is annoying. A colleague of mine is from Mintlaw and her Facebook status updates are like solving some kind of word jigsaw. Then again, her voice makes me want to punch my own ears.

Typing in regional dialect is annoying. A colleague of mine is from Mintlaw and her Facebook status updates are like solving some kind of word jigsaw. Then again, her voice makes me want to punch my own ears.

A few of my friends text exclusively in Doric. I'm not sure why it annoys me so much, since I speak it, but it does.

I fucking do that man. It's so weird. As soon as I arrive in Glasgow, or am having a beer with people from Glasgow, I start talking Glaswegian. Not on purpose, it just happens! ?(

Nahh but she has an annoying voice when she does it.

I have a friend who goes all weegie when around Glaswegian people but it's not as annoying as my cousin as it sounds put on. Not accidental but put on and exaggerated.

I fucking do that man. It's so weird. As soon as I arrive in Glasgow, or am having a beer with people from Glasgow, I start talking Glaswegian. Not on purpose, it just happens! ?(
I do this. But with any accent. Incluiding the Irish, Australians, South Africans, Yanks etc. I am completely unaware I'm doing it until someone points it out. All throughout school in Abu Dhabi I had a yank accent apparently, apart from when talking to family, where my friends would ask me if I was just speaking English, and I'd be oblivious that my accent/voice had changed at all.

I do this. But with any accent. Incluiding the Irish, Australians, South Africans, Yanks etc. I am completely unaware I'm doing it until someone points it out. All throughout school in Abu Dhabi I had a yank accent apparently, apart from when talking to family, where my friends would ask me if I was just speaking English, and I'd be oblivious that my accent/voice had changed at all.

When I'm talking to Yanks I unwittingly use words like trunk, and faucet, and elevator. I think I'm just so desperate to make people like me that I accidentally mimic them. LIKE ME!!!

When I'm talking to Yanks I unwittingly use words like trunk, and faucet, and elevator. I think I'm just so desperate to make people like me that I accidentally mimic them. LIKE ME!!!
I don't do that. I just get a shitty generic American sk8er boi accent.

I do say "fuck oath" to Aussies and "howzit bru?" to south Africans though.

Some fucker at Royal Mail deciding my post is to be delivered mid afternoon. This started just before Christmas and must obviously be a permanent thing. Extremely irritating when you rent DVD's and want them first thing in the morning so you can watch them and get them in the post before the sorting office closes. I mean I live fucking opposite the sorting office! Christ I might suggest I go pick up my post myself! Then to add to my irritation, the fuckers took an extra day to deliver my rental DVD's this week meaning I'll only get 2 this week instead of the usual 4. Bloody hell they only come from Peterborough, some 60 miles from here! How on earth can it take 2 days to reach me? Probably gets routed via fucking Birmingham or something in another stunning decision of intellect made by some twat with a clipboard and a pen behind his ear.