aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Fucking Amazon MP3 download, useless piece of shit. "We strongly recommend that you install the Amazon MP3 downloader before you download this file. If you'd prefer not to, you can just click "skip this step" and download the MP3 from your browser window". Except that the "Skip this step" link isn't there, and there's no way to get past the "install Amazon downloader" window without installing Amazon downloader. Which I don't want. Now it has eaten my money and I can't listen to the tunes.

The "It's-Political-Correctness-Gone-Mad" people getting all worked about The War On Christmas. What the fuck are you on about you mental bastards? IT DOESN'T EXIST!

"They won't let you say Merry Christmas, it's got to be Happy Holidays" - Nope

"They won't let you put up Christmas decorations anywhere in case they offend people" - Nope

"They won't let you make any mention of Christianity any more" - Nope

Where exactly is all this stuff supposedly happening? Stop getting outraged at things that don't even exist you moaning shites.

Fucking Amazon MP3 download, useless piece of shit. "We strongly recommend that you install the Amazon MP3 downloader before you download this file. If you'd prefer not to, you can just click "skip this step" and download the MP3 from your browser window". Except that the "Skip this step" link isn't there, and there's no way to get past the "install Amazon downloader" window without installing Amazon downloader. Which I don't want. Now it has eaten my money and I can't listen to the tunes.

Have you contacted Amazon about it?

I use Amazon MP3 download a fait bit, and I've definitely been impressed with the quality, pricing and even the downloader! Syncing the songs to your iTunes library is a nice touch (I know that it's not just Amazon that does this).

The "It's-Political-Correctness-Gone-Mad" people getting all worked about The War On Christmas. What the fuck are you on about you mental bastards? IT DOESN'T EXIST!

"They won't let you put up Christmas decorations anywhere in case they offend people" - Nope

Where exactly is all this stuff supposedly happening? Stop getting outraged at things that don't even exist you moaning shites.

you must spread....etc etc

pisses me off too

You know something, I've never ever heard a person of any religious persuasion complain about Christmas decorations or saying Merry Christmas or any of that. It just seems to me that the people in charge of the country are so afraid of offending someone that they bring in this bullshit about "Happy Holidays" and non-specific "festive lights" and all that off their own backs. And then racists use it as an argument about how Muslims are taking over the country.

A friend of mine pulled some bullshit argument in the summer about how police were stopping people in the Midlands from hanging England cars in their cars and house windows during the world cup in case it offended immigrants. She was actually up in arms about it until I challenged her to find me one instance of this actually happening. After a half hour searching on google turned up absolutely zero instances of this actually happening (other than people posting on mesageboards saying they'd heard it and they were outraged) she conceded that it may have been a load of shite.

You know something, I've never ever heard a person of any religious persuasion complain about Christmas decorations or saying Merry Christmas or any of that. It just seems to me that the people in charge of the country are so afraid of offending someone that they bring in this bullshit about "Happy Holidays" and non-specific "festive lights" and all that off their own backs. And then racists use it as an argument about how Muslims are taking over the country.

You missed what he was pissed off at. The thing is people in charge don't actually bring in the PC bullshit in the first place, it doesn't happen. Certain areas of the press just complain about it every year as though it does.

Guest Gladstone

Exactly correct.

I once watched a TV programme years and years ago - absolutely no idea what the programme was - that spoke about political correctness, and whoever it was presenting the programme was saying that it was politically incorrect to use terms such as:

"blackboard" - it should be a "chalkboard"

"black coffee" - it should be "coffee without milk"

and fuck knows what else - all other manner of shite.

Like you say, I have never ever heard of anyone being offended by the use of the word "blackboard". It's a board and it's fucking black - therefore it is a blackboard.

I realise this shit never really took hold because it's probably more than 10 years since I saw that programme and as far as I'm aware you're allowed to call a blackboard a blackboard.

Someone, somewhere decided that any use of the word "black" was offensive - I hasten to add that it was definitely not a black guy/girl who came up with this theory, and in that programme, they actually interviewed some people of different races - one of the other comments was that the use of the word "coloured" was offensive. One girl interviewed had one black parent and one white parent and she basically said "I'm not black and I'm not white, so I'm coloured".

Basically - white middle class dicks should just leave this shit alone. If people of other races / religions do get offended by something someone says, I'm sure they will voice their opinion. I'm sure it is more offensive to people of different races / religions to make up their opinions for them!

Exactly correct.

I once watched a TV programme years and years ago - absolutely no idea what the programme was - that spoke about political correctness, and whoever it was presenting the programme was saying that it was politically incorrect to use terms such as:

"blackboard" - it should be a "chalkboard"

"black coffee" - it should be "coffee without milk"

and fuck knows what else - all other manner of shite.

Like you say, I have never ever heard of anyone being offended by the use of the word "blackboard". It's a board and it's fucking black - therefore it is a blackboard.

I realise this shit never really took hold because it's probably more than 10 years since I saw that programme and as far as I'm aware you're allowed to call a blackboard a blackboard.

Someone, somewhere decided that any use of the word "black" was offensive - I hasten to add that it was definitely not a black guy/girl who came up with this theory, and in that programme, they actually interviewed some people of different races - one of the other comments was that the use of the word "coloured" was offensive. One girl interviewed had one black parent and one white parent and she basically said "I'm not black and I'm not white, so I'm coloured".

Basically - white middle class dicks should just leave this shit alone. If people of other races / religions do get offended by something someone says, I'm sure they will voice their opinion. I'm sure it is more offensive to people of different races / religions to make up their opinions for them!

Racist.