aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Almost every phone call at work

Me: Hello Overton Garage

Customer: oh hello? is that Overton Garage

Me: yes, Overton Garage.

Customer: Oh yes, I was wondering if you could help me, I'm looking for 4 steel wheels for my car to put winter tyres on.

Me: Ok, what kind of car do you have?

Customer: I have (instert almost brand new car, which of course will have come standard with alloys which are quite big, i.e BMW 5 series, Audi S3, VW golf, New style Focus)

Me: hmmm you will struggle to get wheels for that kind of car, the manufacturers usually have alloys standard these days,

Customer: Oh? how much will a set of alloys cost

Me: (check computer, only to usually find one or two alloys of the same style or size for any one vehicle) sorry i dont have a SET of alloys, I only have 2 17 inch alloys

Customer: that's no use! i have 17's on already. dont you have any wheels that would fit my car

Me: what other wheels do you want me to look up?

Customer: just ones that will fit my car

Me: sorry sir, i can't tell what wheels will fit your car, wheels from a car 5 years younger MIGHT fit, but i cannot guarantee they will.

Customer: whattabout wheels from a golf have you got any of them

Me: (checks) yes i have four 14 inch wheels from a '99 golf, 20 each plus vat

Customer: will they fit?

my work hasn't got a large stock off wheels due to being a popular item due to aberdeen roads, and since you can buy single wheels, we are sometimes left with odd wheels, but people just don't seem to take this in

30+ phonecalls a day about wheel, i can usually remember our stock without having to check

customers give me the impression that they think I'm lying, does my head it

especially when they want 4 steel wheels for a new motor and they cant comprehend why we wouldnt have any after explaining it to them

same with manufacturers who include a skinny space saver type spare wheel, or a tyre inflator kit,

people realize they dont have a proper wheel for their 2010 plate vauxhall insignia and then phone us to ask for a normal size spare wheel,

the manufacturer doesnt make them, where are we getting them from?

People realize they dont have a proper wheel for their 2010 plate vauxhall insignia and then phone us to ask for a normal size spare wheel,

the manufacturer doesnt make them, where are we getting them from?

The self-same idiots writing off their 2010 Vauxhall Insignia because they don't have a fucking clue?

This is quite irritating! My car has a tyre inflator kit. I could probably, if I really had to, change a tyre. This thing - I have no idea!!! What's wrong with a good old spare tyre?!

the inflator kits are easier to use that changing a spare wheel, all you do is put the nozzle of the inflator on your valve, the same as if you were blowing up the tyre with air, lock the nozzle then activate the inflator. it then sprays expandable foam inside your tyre, plugging any leaks from punctures and inflating the tyre with the gas, thus allowing you to get home or to a garage. only downside by doing this is that you have to replace the tyre asap once you have done this because you can't repair a tyre once an inflator kit has been used and also replace your inflator kit for next time.

would be a good idea to familarise yourself with your inflator so you wont be stuck if you ever need to use it

:)

1111th post OH HEY!

This is quite irritating! My car has a tyre inflator kit. I could probably, if I really had to, change a tyre. This thing - I have no idea!!! What's wrong with a good old spare tyre?!

Takes up more room meaning less boot space. A space saver is good enough to get you to a tyre fitter, which you'd need to anyway to replace the burst tyre so doesn't seem a bad compromise to fit more crap in the back.

Will Smith. Not because I hate his TV show (I don't), or his films (I don't) or even his music (I don't). In fact I quite like him. But he had a daughter. And then 10 years later she inflict this horror on the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5mKAgb5px0

Not nearly as bad as I expected. But why is she releasing a single and not at home watching spongebob or something? She's 10! Damn celebrities!

Cunty neighbour coming in at 3am with 10 blokes, most pissed, and making a horrific amount of noise. Lots of friendly, girly words were exchanged in a polite manner, and the police have been out twice. A phone call to the council tomorrow morning should wrap things up nicely.

That bitch will pay... I haven't been able to volunteer at the nursery for bloody weeks and I was finally going back today but nooooo, being kept up until almost 5am has fucked that idea. I hope her womb rots and arse sags.

• Upvote 1

the inflator kits are easier to use that changing a spare wheel, all you do is put the nozzle of the inflator on your valve, the same as if you were blowing up the tyre with air, lock the nozzle then activate the inflator. it then sprays expandable foam inside your tyre, plugging any leaks from punctures and inflating the tyre with the gas, thus allowing you to get home or to a garage. only downside by doing this is that you have to replace the tyre asap once you have done this because you can't repair a tyre once an inflator kit has been used and also replace your inflator kit for next time.

would be a good idea to familarise yourself with your inflator so you wont be stuck if you ever need to use it

The inflator kit is handy, but not at all useful if you happen to rip the side wall of the tire open!!

This week I am mostly hating people not clearing a foot of snow off their car roofs and bonnets.

And people driving really really slow and bumper to bumper in the snow, if the first car stops they will still cause a pile up as they are so close together!! cunts!! :up:

And generally any car on the road in front of me! X(

• Upvote 1

This week I am mostly hating people not clearing a foot of snow off their car roofs and bonnets.

And people driving really really slow and bumper to bumper in the snow, if the first car stops they will still cause a pile up as they are so close together!! cunts!! :up:

And generally any car on the road in front of me! X(

I would like to update my previous pet hate to include 4x4 drive owners. Why the fuck do they come rumbling up the road towards me and then refuse to move over into the slightly deeper snow in the verge? This leaves me having to do it in my poor 2 wheel drive van. I've not got stuck yet, but it pisses me off. If they have a 4x4 they should fucking use it.:swearing:

I would like to update my previous pet hate to include 4x4 drive owners. Why the fuck do they come rumbling up the road towards me and then refuse to move over into the slightly deeper snow in the verge? This leaves me having to do it in my poor 2 wheel drive van. I've not got stuck yet, but it pisses me off. If they have a 4x4 they should fucking use it.:swearing:

It's generally because mums doing the school run/going out for the shopping haven't figured out that 4x4 isn't a cross-stitch reference.

Guest idol_wild
The new, new Myspace. Holy fucking shit, it is absolutely dreadful. Un-usable.

This.

Done with it. It used to be very useful for bands. Now it just makes me want to plant my fist through my laptop screen. Like, right through the panel at the other side.

This weather business in the media is getting beyond a joke now. We fucking know its snowing, we know the UK can't fucking cope with it especially in Southern England. We fucking know there is more on the way. I was watching the main BBC news at 1 PM at my mums today and noticed they spent 12 minutes of a half hour programme on the fucking weather. Get out there you lazy bastards and report on some real news. What a bloody fuss!

Also weather related, I hate it when lazy presenters ask you to send their stupid snaps of wacky snow related things into the programme. Fucks sake you're getting paid enough, its just a cop out asking joe public to do your work for you.

Finally, non-weather related. Band or artists self-titling an album is just fucking lazy and a cop out!