aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

People who say "Westhills". Westhills?! What the actual cock is Westhills?! Where did you get that "S" from, you shit-munching wank cannon? I can tell from your accent that you were clearly brought up in this part of the world, so why can't you fucking read this place's name yet? Awa and floss yer teeth with Gary Glitter's pubic hair.

New pet hate: the double-barrelled phrases people are using to show their distaste towards people. "cock-smoking?" "shit-munching wank cannon?" (to name two of the most recent ones I've seen). What the fuck happened to dick, cunt or bastard? It reminds me of when people used to say "gay-lord" or "duh-brain" when I was a wee boy (although gaylord is probably just one word). Anyway, it has to be stopped.

Cock-smoker? Eh? Sort it out.

My (very expensive and very nice) drum stool has gone missing from Tunnels Two, along with a blue rucksack containing my stick bag, a Premier snare stand and a tambourine. The tambourine was a gift from the Manics' percussionist; he used it when headlining Glasto. It has a lot of sentimental value, not to mention the cash value of all that equipment.

I know for a fact that it was all there early yesterday evening (Sunday), so must have been moved last night. If anybody on here knows who was playing last night and may have moved my stuff, please let me know. Cheers

I had my snare stand nicked from the Tunnels (Tunnel 1, however) a while back as well.

Pure shite.

:swearing:

I believe the area was traditionally known as "Westhills", but the housing development placed upon it became known as "Westhill" in keeping with placenames nearer the centre of town eg. Broomhill, Ferryhill etc.

Do you feel the same way about the cock-smoking lunge-mongers who insist on calling Footdee "Fittie"?

I call it Fittie. The only one I take umbrage with is people who insist that the town of Strachan should be pronounced "Straaan". Bullshit. So should I pronounce Strichen as "Striiiin"?

I wouldn't leave anything unattended in Tunnels. Last time I did (a jacket on the back of a chair whilst I went to the bar), it was taken off the back of a chair, kicked onto the floor and had chewing gum trodden into it. I could only hope no one would stamp chewing gum into my guitar if I left it there. Or worse still, they might nick and flog it.

New pet hate: the double-barrelled phrases people are using to show their distaste towards people. "cock-smoking?" "shit-munching wank cannon?" (to name two of the most recent ones I've seen). What the fuck happened to dick, cunt or bastard? It reminds me of when people used to say "gay-lord" or "duh-brain" when I was a wee boy (although gaylord is probably just one word). Anyway, it has to be stopped.

Cock-smoker? Eh? Sort it out.

Cock juggling thunder cunt.

No, because that's not how it's pronounced. Strachan is pronounced Straw-n. Piece of piss.

The older locals say "Struin" for Strachan. The english say it like "Stratch-en." The also say "Crathies" instead of "Crathes" (we say it like there are two ss at the end so it would rhyme with Loch Ness). Americans say Crathes with emphasis on the a so it sounds like Craves. The kids in Banchory call their town The 'Chory as they're all stoned and Californian.

The older locals say "Struin" for Strachan. The english say it like "Stratch-en." The also say "Crathies" instead of "Crathes" (we say it like there are two ss at the end so it would rhyme with Loch Ness). Americans say Crathes with emphasis on the a so it sounds like Craves. The kids in Banchory call their town The 'Chory as they're all stoned and Californian.

I blame John W.

The older locals say "Struin" for Strachan

Im unsure about this. Do they not say Straahn? Ive never heard a u sound.

"Crathes" (we say it like there are two ss at the end so it would rhyme with Loch Ness).

That suggests we say it like Crath Ess, like Rudolf Hess.

Its Crathes, like Johnny Mathis.

The kids in Banchory call their town The 'Chory as they're all stoned and Californian.

Its astounding how much the accent seems to have changed in a relatively short period of time....dude. We were always posh cunts but we never sounded American. I assume its something to do with the High School Musical series or something.

and I was like, um, yeah todally dude. Awe-suuum.

No, because that's not how it's pronounced. Strachan is pronounced Straw-n. Piece of piss.

So is Gordon Strachan pronounced Gordon Straw-n?

The kids in Banchory call their town The 'Chory as they're all stoned and Californian.

I liked this.

Mind you, up near the Broch everywhere goes by some weird nickname. Like The Broch itself, also Belger (Cairnbulg), Cotton (Inverallochy), New Toon (St Combs), Fishie (Fetterangus), Crichie (Stuartfield), Kyak (New Pitsligo). Bloody teuchters and their made up words.

Im unsure about this. Do they not say Straahn? Ive never heard a u sound.

That suggests we say it like Crath Ess, like Rudolf Hess.

Its Crathes, like Johnny Mathis.

Its astounding how much the accent seems to have changed in a relatively short period of time....dude. We were always posh cunts but we never sounded American. I assume its something to do with the High School Musical series or something.

and I was like, um, yeah todally dude. Awe-suuum.

Everything about this post is 100% correct, although I can't really comment on what Banchory kids are up to.

Mind you, up near the Broch everywhere goes by some weird nickname. Like The Broch itself, also Belger (Cairnbulg), Cotton (Inverallochy), New Toon (St Combs), Fishie (Fetterangus), Crichie (Stuartfield), Kyak (New Pitsligo). Bloody teuchters and their made up words.

See also Aberchirder (Foggie) or Drumlithie (Skite) for ones that bear no relation to the spelling....