aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The current Matrix sequel that's on ITV2 just now. First time I've seen one of the sequels and got to sat "Whata lotta crocka shit!"

Fucking trainmen and bullshit monologue.

For the record I'd personally say the mods should get back on the pedestal and just get rid of some of the idiots on this forum. I'll personally volunteer :D

The current Matrix sequel that's on ITV2 just now. First time I've seen one of the sequels and got to sat "Whata lotta crocka shit!"

Fucking trainmen and bullshit monologue.

Some amazing (and by amazing I obviously mean awful) acting from Keanu though. The but where he wakes up in the train station next to the girl: "Uh. Where, am, I? Who, are you? Uh." amazing. Everything about The Matrix sequals is Terry Boyle. Its worth watching it for the comedy value I'd say, maybe not on your own though. Its better to not appreciate it with friends.

Some amazing (and by amazing I obviously mean awful) acting from Keanu though. The but where he wakes up in the train station next to the girl: "Uh. Where, am, I? Who, are you? Uh." amazing. Everything about The Matrix sequals is Terry Boyle. Its worth watching it for the comedy value I'd say, maybe not on your own though. Its better to not appreciate it with friends.

There has been some truely awful speeches in this film.

Have they just completely ripped off Aliens with the mech warrior robots? CUNTS!

I like Keanu Reeves getting blinded by Agent Smith. Chuffed!

There has been some truely awful speeches in this film.

Have they just completely ripped off Aliens with the mech warrior robots? CUNTS!

I like Keanu Reeves getting blinded by Agent Smith. Chuffed!

Don't you find Hugo Weaving so fucking annoying as Agent Smith. The film(s) could have been done in one film if he didn'd speak so fucking slowly. Cunt.

I'm going to use this quote from Teabags to outline one of my pet hates.

This is the only time it is acceptable to use the phrase "at the end of the day". When you are actually referring to the end of the day. Anyone who uses it in any other context is a dick-twirling dildo bandit. "And the end of the day, I didn't take this job to be fucked around". What does the end of the day have to do with it? I'll tell you what it is at the end of the day. It's fucking night.

At the end of the day it's just a turn of phrase.

Bloody iTunes and its ways. If I load a Massive Attack CD I want to be able to find it in the Artists list under M, not for you to file it under Various Artists so meaning I have to search by album title. Even more annoying is when an album inexplicably doesnt show up on the Artist list at all but can only be found in the Albums list. Why does it do this but also will list some folk twice for example I have 2 identical Beastie Boys sections showing the same albums on the iPod but there is no duplication on the iTunes itself?

Laptop not charging, despite the LED on the powerpack still being lit, and the Battery Health Status telling me that the battery is fine. I'd be less hacked off if the charger wasn't powering up at all, since I could just go and buy a new one. I'm worried it's the actual power socket on the laptop, which I imagine is irreplacable.

Anywhere in town that could diagnose it? I took an old laptop to both of those shops on George St, and said I'd have to wait about 2 weeks for them to even look at it.

Laptop not charging, despite the LED on the powerpack still being lit, and the Battery Health Status telling me that the battery is fine. I'd be less hacked off if the charger wasn't powering up at all, since I could just go and buy a new one. I'm worried it's the actual power socket on the laptop, which I imagine is irreplacable.

Anywhere in town that could diagnose it? I took an old laptop to both of those shops on George St, and said I'd have to wait about 2 weeks for them to even look at it.

Aye. As Tubthumper says, drop aberdeen-music - View Profile: Graham Knight a PM, he'll fix you up I'm sure.

I guess I'm a bit biased because Adam Easy Wishes is a good friend, but Bigsby's conduct in that laptop thread was really poor. As soon as the seller said 'Deal done' (which he did), it was the equivalent of a handshake imo. To then wade in and gazump him showed no class at all. Also; the seller should have honoured the original deal, despite the promise of an extra tenner. Had Adam backed out of the deal you could bet your bottom buck that he would have been complaining, so some courtesy should have been applied.

I don't care that the guy was after money for food; once the deal is agreed, it is agreed.

I'm more annoyed by that whole situation than Adam! Bigsby was well out of line, muscling in on someone else's action when the deal had been agreed.

I guess I'm a bit biased because Adam Easy Wishes is a good friend, but Bigsby's conduct in that laptop thread was really poor. As soon as the seller said 'Deal done' (which he did), it was the equivalent of a handshake imo. To then wade in and gazump him showed no class at all. Also; the seller should have honoured the original deal, despite the promise of an extra tenner. Had Adam backed out of the deal you could bet your bottom buck that he would have been complaining, so some courtesy should have been applied.

I don't care that the guy was after money for food; once the deal is agreed, it is agreed.

I'm more annoyed by that whole situation than Adam! Bigsby was well out of line, muscling in on someone else's action when the deal had been agreed.

He also approves of that gay chat line scam - obviously in a 'not playing by the rules' phase

I've been having a similar issue, the power would intermittently cut out only to come back seconds later. Bought a new power pack, which spent last night not working, then bizarrely started working without issue.

I too am worried about it being the internal connection being goosed, but I'm looking for an excuse to get a new laptop anyway. Oh well.

There's also Everest on Holburn Street and Tech Rescue on Rosemount Viaduct.

He also approves of that gay chat line scam - obviously in a 'not playing by the rules' phase

Ha, don't approve of it, just amazed that somebody could pull it off.

As for the laptop both Berni and I were happy with the deal and that's the main thing. A deal hadn't been struck, a price was agreed but Adam indicated that he wasn't able to come up with the cash quickly enough, I was.

see where your coming from, none of my business but it looked like a break down in communication, plus the fact that 50 quid was already cheap and he offered 30, you could say it was unfair that he offered such a low amount

As for the laptop both Berni and I were happy with the deal and that's the main thing. A deal hadn't been struck, a price was agreed but Adam indicated that he wasn't able to come up with the cash quickly enough, I was.

Total garbage. When Bernie poasted this:

Done deal mate.

It was as good as a handshake. And Berni poasted at 10.16 asking if Adam could meet him that day; you jumped in at 10.23, BEFORE Adam had replied.

Total scumbaggery from one of my favourite members of this site. Well out of line. If you honeslty can't see that muscling in on someone else's action is bad sauce then I'd be very surprised. Roles reversed, I doubt you'd be happy.

see where your coming from, none of my business but it looked like a break down in communication, plus the fact that 50 quid was already cheap and he offered 30, you could say it was unfair that he offered such a low amount

No you couldn't. They agreed the fee. Even wimmin know how to haggle.

If you honeslty can't see that muscling in on someone else's action is bad sauce then I'd be very surprised. Roles reversed, I doubt you'd be happy.

But when Adam offered the cash Berni had already specified that he needed the money yesterday. It was only after Berni had said "deal done" that Adam said he wouldn't be able to get the cash to him for another day. Roles reversed I wouldn't have been bothered, I even told Berni via PM when we were arranging a meet that he should sell it to whichever one of us should get the cash in his hand first, something I'm sure Berni would be happy to confirm.

Anyhoo, the laptop isn't the uber-bargain it's been made out to be, cosmetically it's in poor nick, lots of scrtaches, dents, grille snapped off the side etc. I'm installing XP as we speak so it also remains to be seen if the thing works, but even after buying the cheapest shittiest charger and battery that will likely last a couple of months your looking at another 40 notes. So while I'm happy with the deal it's not really the "ooh, 40 quid for a shiny new Toshiba laptop" that it may have seemed at first.

Also, Adam's brother is getting a free fridge off me so hopefully karma will be restored.

Do these places encourage bringing it in and getting a diagnosis? As I said, the George St ones just seem to put in on their to do pile before looking at it.

I've gotten over the counter advice at Everest before, but it was a quiet day. Maybe give them a phone?

Everest: 01224 595858

Tech Rescue :01224 379412

I read an article about 'Things You Should Never Buy 2nd hand' the other day, laptops were in there. The last time I needed a new PC I actually went with a laptop for a change and the hassle involved when the screen lighting died all of a sudden put me off getting another one. Or at least having one as my sole home PC.

Soda Jerk, has it been left sitting on mains power most of the time? My old one was and I found it got to the stage that it wouldn't work for any length of time on battery power. Even with a new battery. Not sure what causes it. There are places on-line that will send a courier to collect a laptop for them to diagnose problems but it was about 90 quid straight away with the cost of repair coming after. I elected to self-diagnose via internet research and got the screen working again after getting a new chip off e-Bay for 40 quid but it died again soon after so pointing to something else being wrong to cause chip to die. I ended up deciding the cumulative costs to keep it limping along would probably mean a new PC was a better option...

You waded in only SEVEN MINUTES after Berni's poast, not allowing Adam sufficient time to reply. When Adam pointed this out, you should have backed down. In fact you should have stayed out of it from the word go.

Anyway, it's NOMFUP. Just pointing out that it was a scummy thing to do, whichever way you look at it. And the computer's condition is irrelevant. A matter of principle and class imo.