aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Vodafone.

Holy fucking shit.

I got a free upgrade back in February. My bill in March showed that I was due them 240 for the handset that was meant to be free.

I called up and the first call centre monkey argued with me for about 10 minutes that it was showing that I had to pay for the phone, but eventually he put me through to someone with a small amount of brains, who then said I shouldn't have been charged and that that 240 would be taken off the bill and assured me it wouldn't come out of my bank account.

I spotted at the beginning of last week that Vodafone had in fact taken 260 out of my account to pay a 20 bill. Bastards.

I called up last Monday, and after arguing with the guy for about 10 minutes, he told me the 240 would be back in my bank account on Tuesday.

I checked back in on Thursday - no refund. So, I called back again, and the chump hadn't even raised the credit with the accounting department, but the woman told me I would get a full refund, but it would take 7-10 days. I wasn't best pleased with this seeing as they'd had 240 of my money for over 3 weeks. I know that instant transfers exist, because I can fucking do them, but Vodafone are incapable. So, I check my bank account this morning, and there's a refund from Vodafone, only it's for 216, so I call up AGAIN. Turns out that my April bill, due to be paid on 22 April comes to 24, and they've just kept my money to pay that bill. Who the fuck gave them the right to keep my money? There's no point getting it paid now, because it will take 7 days for the money to appear in my account - and then it will just come straight back out again to pay my bill.

I wrote a letter to them last week complaining about the terrible customer service I've received in the past month or so, I wonder what sort of response, if any, I will get.

I'm pretty sure that Vodafone are involved in a sneaky little game here to gain more interest on their bank account. Now, I'm sure they won't generate much interest on 240 over a 3 week period and even less so on the 24 for an extra week, but I wonder how many customers across the country land in the same situation, where someone "forgets to tick a box" to say the handset is supposed to be free, and they accidentally forget to remove the 240 odd charge, and then take 3 bastarding weeks to refund it. Quite a lot would be my guess - and I said that to the call centre monkey that I've just been arguing with.

Fucking knobs.

Orange once did exactly the same thing to me, except the bell ends sent the bill to my old address, despite me having called them numerous fucking times and gone into the shop twice to change it. Never got the bill, never knew the money was coming out (some paltry sum of 400+) and was left with multiple bank charges from my car payments/insurance/etc coming off in the days following the payment. Took nearly five months to get them to admit they were in the wrong and I asked for a) the money back - which they would only do in credit on my account, and b) to have my contract with them ended as I had shopped around and found I'd get a better deal on Vodafone with a freee PS3. Every now and then I still get debt collector letters from them, which I promptly respond to by saying that it's an ongoing issue of debate with Orange, who refuse to discuss it with me... cunts!

Mind you, Vodafone fucked up and I couldn't sent texts for about three days - I'm on a plan with UNLIMITED TEXTS and they wondered why I was annoyed by this. I was cut off the first three times they transferred me to the person down the fucking corridor, then finally started screaming down the phone at someone, who very nicely gave me a better phone and cut my bill by a third. :) Happy times

Oops, I thought it was Vodafone you'd had all the shite with, not Orange. But in my defence Vodafone fucked up your minutes and that so I got it half right...

Pet Hate: My flatmates have been back a day, after three weeks of bliss, and already they've made a fucking mess. I've been in the flat for three weeks on my own and it's been spotless, they turn up and there's fucking crumbs everywhere and the whole place needs hoovered and cleaned. How the fuck they manage it I don't know. I can't wait to move out... :swearing:

Cargo pants. WTF. Why is it that midle aged men think it's cool to wear camo cargo pants to work in an office. Even just plain cargo pants are.....well pants!

While I'm at it...anything camo when you don't actually need it. It's unlikely it will make you blend in on Union Street is it? My top "camo" hate just now though is camo crocs.......come on!!!!

Guest Gladstone
Urban camo is my favourite colour, followed by snow camo, and also yellow.

Everytime I see someone wearing camo trousers, I ALWAYS make the following joke:

"Holy shit, where's that guy's legs?"

I've been telling that joke for over 10 years. It's still fucking hilarious.

Cargo pants. WTF. Why is it that midle aged men think it's cool to wear camo cargo pants to work in an office. Even just plain cargo pants are.....well pants!

While I'm at it...anything camo when you don't actually need it. It's unlikely it will make you blend in on Union Street is it? My top "camo" hate just now though is camo crocs.......come on!!!!

I had a camo swivel chair. Boh!

The use of "pants" instead of "trousers" or "breeks." Pants go under the trousers, k?

Oops, I thought it was Vodafone you'd had all the shite with, not Orange. But in my defence Vodafone fucked up your minutes and that so I got it half right...

Pet Hate: My flatmates have been back a day, after three weeks of bliss, and already they've made a fucking mess. I've been in the flat for three weeks on my own and it's been spotless, they turn up and there's fucking crumbs everywhere and the whole place needs hoovered and cleaned. How the fuck they manage it I don't know. I can't wait to move out... :swearing:

Fuck knows why - you'll be stuck with me and there's only so many blow jobs you can offer before I stop seeing the point in leaving the room to fart :finger:

• Upvote 5