aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Are they still shit? Ain't been in about a year, and it was shite then.

Fucking terrible. It didn't help that the unfriendly little shitcake that served me didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing, or that it took an hour and a half to be served my main course in a half-empty pub, or that I had to ask twice before someone would tell me why I hadn't been given my meal despite the fact that my friends (who'd ordered at the same time) got theirs after fifteen minutes, or that I was given a blatant lie as an excuse ("the chef had to cook more chips"... and it took over a fucking hour?), or that the food was pretty bloody awful... but to get food poisoning because someone had forgotten about my order and blatantly just cobbled it together 5 minutes after I'd complained? Ridiculous. I won't be going back.

Letter of complaint written.

I agree at the general dislike of girls who scream, especially excessively. I was crossing the road near the train station, and whilst waiting for two green lights between the two lanes of traffic, this group of girls must have unleashed a howling scream at least 10 times. Probably at nothing. Maybe a gust of wind, or a bit water puddle water leaking into their Ugg's.

I probably wouldn't give them a good hiding for it though. I'll just moan on the internet about it. Screaming is shite.

Fucking terrible. It didn't help that the unfriendly little shitcake that served me didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing, or that it took an hour and a half to be served my main course in a half-empty pub, or that I had to ask twice before someone would tell me why I hadn't been given my meal despite the fact that my friends (who'd ordered at the same time) got theirs after fifteen minutes, or that I was given a blatant lie as an excuse ("the chef had to cook more chips"... and it took over a fucking hour?), or that the food was pretty bloody awful... but to get food poisoning because someone had forgotten about my order and blatantly just cobbled it together 5 minutes after I'd complained? Ridiculous. I won't be going back.

Letter of complaint written.

I think it's only fair if you pop in, and use their toilets for any discharge as a result of your food poisoning. But not into the toilet bowl. Perhaps a urinal, or even the floor.

I agree at the general dislike of girls who scream, especially excessively. I was crossing the road near the train station, and whilst waiting for two green lights between the two lanes of traffic, this group of girls must have unleashed a howling scream at least 10 times. Probably at nothing. Maybe a gust of wind, or a bit water puddle water leaking into their Ugg's.

I probably wouldn't give them a good hiding for it though. I'll just moan on the internet about it. Screaming is shite.

egg fuckin sackedtly

I probably wouldn't give them a good hiding for it though- this too, what you say when venting frustration and what youd actually do are two completely different things and people should realise that instead of bein so dumb

Chill out dude, plenty other folk say shit in jest, you single me out because most of the morons on this site dont agree with me?

What a shit place the world would be if everyone just had exactly the same opinions

You're not being 'singled out' ffs. The fact is that 99% of your posts are utter shite, whatever name you post under. Another fact is you are one of only two people ever to get into minus treble figures in reputation points. Does that not tell you anything? Now post better, or post less.

You're not being 'singled out' ffs. The fact is that 99% of your posts are utter shite, whatever name you post under. Another fact is you are one of only two people ever to get into minus treble figures in reputation points. Does that not tell you anything? Now post better, or post less.

Yeh ok, i can get you there, it shall improve, slightly

I agree that his posts are a bit daft, but the one about smacking girls isn't really that bad is it? There's plenty of rants in this thread which end with something about stabbing folk in the face, kicking their head off, giving one a thick ear, and so on. It's all just nonsenical venting which has no truth to it. Just because it's a lass doesn't make him a BAD MAN.

Though, I imagine that he's going to be scrutinised due to a large proportion of his other posts being pointless trolling blethering, perhaps.

The guitarist from Mogwai had a brilliant story to tell on one of their Podcasty thingmees. I heard it ages ago so might be paraphrasing a bit, but it was along these lines...

He was in one of thon snooty guitar shops in Glasgow and was being super-patronised by the sales assistant (who didn't know who he was). The guy was going overboard, telling him how to get the best guitar sound, dismissing all the Mogwai fella's opinions and just generally being an annoying, stuck-up cunt.

Mr Mogwai went to the display, pulled out the Electro-Harmonix 'Mogwai Big Muff'' and calmly told the assistant that this pedal was invented specifically for him and to kindly stop looking down his nose.

Shot down. Bootiful.

I remember reading an interview with Primal Scream where they went to a snooty guitar shop with some young kid who didn't know anything about guitars and gave him a big bag of cash. They told him just to pick whatever guitar looked nicest and buy it.

Of course the staff were incredulous when he asked them to take some vintage Gibson or whatever off the wall, but shut the fuck up when he pulled a big wad of notes out of his carrier bag and walked out of the shop with it.

That said, to my mind the staff in R&B aren't patronising enough these days. Back in the day (when R&B used to be in Rosemount, yes kids, it's true) there was a baldie guy with glasses who was the undisputed king of the patronising comment to adolescent guitarists.

I think his name was Alastair and in actual fact he was a cool guy and a master of guitar setups, but I died a while back I think. :(

I agree that his posts are a bit daft, but the one about smacking girls isn't really that bad is it? There's plenty of rants in this thread which end with something about stabbing folk in the face, kicking their head off, giving one a thick ear, and so on. It's all just nonsenical venting which has no truth to it. Just because it's a lass doesn't make him a BAD MAN.

Though, I imagine that he's going to be scrutinised due to a large proportion of his other posts being pointless trolling blethering, perhaps.

Yep, right there. And when you suggest to them that they are being a little over the top, they get all defensive and neg reg you (not you Wanderer).

About girls screaming, too right it's a pain in the butt.......big time. Saying that I've got a pair of Uggs (quite manly broon leather ains mind) and I would be a bit annoyed if they got wet. Fuck they did get wet the last time i wore them. In fact they are shite in the wet/snowy weather.................it makes me want to scream!!!!!

That said, to my mind the staff in R&B aren't patronising enough these days. Back in the day (when R&B used to be in Rosemount, yes kids, it's true) there was a baldie guy with glasses who was the undisputed king of the patronising comment to adolescent guitarists.

I think his name was Alastair and in actual fact he was a cool guy and a master of guitar setups, but I died a while back I think. :(

The patronising member was Steve.

Alistair - had hair and - was indeed the luthier and was extremely good. Also yes he unfortunately passed away about 7 years ago.

:up:

That said, to my mind the staff in R&B aren't patronising enough these days. Back in the day (when R&B used to be in Rosemount, yes kids, it's true) there was a baldie guy with glasses who was the undisputed king of the patronising comment to adolescent guitarists. :(

And when they were in Belmont street R from R&B used to have a stinking attitude,so when he was playing guitar at a Trace Elliot bash at the Gloucester Hotel [now Peterkins solicitors]and totally screwed up his guitar solo,it was absolutely priceless!

Yep, right there. And when you suggest to them that they are being a little over the top, they get all defensive and neg reg you (not you Wanderer).

About girls screaming, too right it's a pain in the butt.......big time. Saying that I've got a pair of Uggs (quite manly broon leather ains mind) and I would be a bit annoyed if they got wet. Fuck they did get wet the last time i wore them. In fact they are shite in the wet/snowy weather.................it makes me want to scream!!!!!

I thought Uggs were for girls?

Fluffy boots? Away, ye pansy!

Theres just a couple of them in there thats like that in my opinion, the older guy who i think may run the place is nice enough, but he doesnt know anything about guitars. But one of them who has seen me enough to know my face still acts like i dont know how to turn on an amp. And when i enquired about a certain pedal, asking if its any good and the specs etc the answer i got was "steve vai uses one". Not what i was looking for.

Theres just a couple of them in there thats like that in my opinion, the older guy who i think may run the place is nice enough, but he doesnt know anything about guitars. But one of them who has seen me enough to know my face still acts like i dont know how to turn on an amp. And when i enquired about a certain pedal, asking if its any good and the specs etc the answer i got was "steve vai uses one". Not what i was looking for.

Which pedal were you asking about? Bad horsie? I'm trying to think what else Vai uses that anyone in there knows!

Just curious as to who it is that comes across that way? :)