aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

That didn't sound too strange until you added Torches at the end. Incredible.

Yeah, bottles of spirits I thought was quite strange but torches was the icing on the cake.

I had visions of the shop owner and his son:

"Now son I'm leaving you in charge today. This is your chance to prove to me that you are capable of taking over the business when I die. Your first job is to go to the cash and carry and buy supplies for the takeaway. But make sure you only buy the things on the list"

"I will father".

The next day.

"Torches?! What the fuck are we going to do with torches?! You imbecile!"

In a film the son would be played by Pauly Shore.

The whole comedy panel show points scoring pretense bugs me. Why does every comedy show have to have a quiz element? I'd happily watch the same people telling the same topical jokes without the points, I don't see the need for the fake competitive set up. At least with HIGNFY the questions are sometimes quite tricky and involve some kind of deduction process. Whereas Mock the Week does away with that entirely and is basically a case of 'here's a thing that's in the news, make jokes about it for a while then we'll move on'

... I'll live, but it's annoying.

Okay, just watched a Friends episode where Ross is ridiculously enthusiastic about the movie "Die Hard". To the point where he exclaims loudly that its a fantastic movie and counters Chandlers notions of being busy by saying "John McClain had plans..."

Ross; did it ever occur to you the man who plays John McClain was, perhaps 2 or 3 seasons ago, the father of your girlfriend. You infamously didn't get along and that you had spent plenty of time in each others company.

At no point Ross, did you ever clock that John McClain was in fact your girlfriends dad?! Was this never brought up?! Does nobody else find this weird?!

Also, why is Monica, in a later series, so desperate to see her brother and Rachels sex tape? THATS YOUR BROTHER, MONICA! WHY DO YOU WANT TO WATCH HIM FUCK YOUR BEST FRIEND?!

In summary, Friends scripts are riddled with inaccuracies

Hen/Stag nights don't make much sense to me. Celebrating that last night of freedom and single life, as if there hasn't been a relationship present for past however many years. Quick, sleep with a stripper before your time runs out, because you're allowed to whilst you're "single". What the shit is wrong with people?

Hen/Stag nights don't make much sense to me. Celebrating that last night of freedom and single life, as if there hasn't been a relationship present for past however many years. Quick, sleep with a stripper before your time runs out, because you're allowed to whilst you're "single". What the shit is wrong with people?

I think the percentage of hens/stags who sleep with strippers are pretty small in all honesty.

Not just confined to strippers. People in general. Folk doing the dirty on their stag/hen do certainly isn't too unheard of.

I've been on plenty but never been aware of the stag actually being unfaithful. It's just an excuse to have a 2-day piss-up away from your bird, surely that's a good thing.

Not just confined to strippers. People in general. Folk doing the dirty on their stag/hen do certainly isn't too unheard of.

Not unheard of by any means, but hardly the regular occurrence you've made it out to be. I've been on a few stag nights and they've never ended up with anyone being unfaithful.

I don't understand why, in Aberdeen, it takes 48 hours for an undelivered parcel that can't fit through my letterbox, to go from my door back to the depot. Everywhere I've lived before, the card has always had 3 to 5 hours in the box. So, not only can I not go pick it up the same day or even the next day, I have to wait 2 whole days. Where the hell is it before then? Last time it happened, I tried to collect it the next day anyway but it wasn't there. Where else do they take it? When I did eventually get it, I was a bit peeved to find out that the parcel would have easily fit through my letter box anyway. Conned.

I don't understand why, in Aberdeen, it takes 48 hours for an undelivered parcel that can't fit through my letterbox, to go from my door back to the depot. Everywhere I've lived before, the card has always had 3 to 5 hours in the box. So, not only can I not go pick it up the same day or even the next day, I have to wait 2 whole days. Where the hell is it before then? Last time it happened, I tried to collect it the next day anyway but it wasn't there. Where else do they take it? When I did eventually get it, I was a bit peeved to find out that the parcel would have easily fit through my letter box anyway. Conned.

Christ knows.

But what's worse is when you miss the delivery of a parcel on a Thursday, arrange to have it redelivered to the post office on the Saturday morning (at a charge of 50p) and, on the Friday, you happen to be getting a 2nd parcel delivered to your home address (which you have paid Amazon an additional 8 for to guarantee that it will, in fact, be delivered on the Friday).

Now, you wouldn't think that there would be a problem here.. however, Aberdeen postmen being so bloody 'helpful' just go ahead and decide that it would be easier for you to collect both parcels at the same time from the post office on the Saturday. And yet.. they don't think it's necessary to actually inform you of where your second parcel has disappeared to..

8 thrown away.. and, hilariously, they charged me another 50p for the 2nd parcel since I was now 'collecting it from the post office'.

Thanks Royal Mail.. your stupidity strikes again.

I'm never the angry customer, but it would appear everywhere i've ever worked the customer is always right, even though they rarely are.

alot of people are clued up on knowing how to get what they want by complaining and stating "im the customer" rant

for example

was working, im at Overton if anyone is familer with it, i was sitting in reception behind the big bench desk. We have a small semi conservatary thing that covers the automatic door. one customer was in for parts and was waiting, he received a phone call, my work is shite for getting a mobile signal, so having trouble getting a good reception he made his way outside. he then stood in the conservatary thingy outside as he talked, the door wouldn't shut as his body was activiating the sensor to open it, everytime it closed it would immediatly slide open again. several times a gust of wind came in and blew all the slips of paper we had sitting on the desks, about the 5th time this happened I eventually asked him to move. as i said he was on the phone so i shouted "excuse me!" he looked up and i said "can you please moved away from the door" as i gestured to him to move, he looked at me funny, i continued, "all my slips are getting blown about cause your preventing the door from shutting". he then said "I'm making a phone call!" in a way that somehow this was the only place he could do so, I then said "yes i know, but can you either go right outside or step inside away from door". He then said "im the customer how dare you speak to me like that" and continued onwith the phone call, with his hands-free device, one hand holding the phone and the other holding the little mic up to his mouth. Fucking spastic!