aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Toilet attendants.

I'm not normally the type that goes to these "style bars" (my own phrase) and whenever I return with old school friends or people that way inclined, I forget how much I resent having to pay for someone to pass me a wee white paper towl to dry my beautiful hands, and then spray some smelly shit in my face.

FUCK OFF, YOU CUNT, YOU'RE GETTING NO MONEY FROM ME BECAUSE YOUR JOB IS ALMOST LITERALLY A JOKE.

Like, if i go to one of these establishments I will literally wait until my group of friends want to leave and then take a leak in the street. I'm against doing that, but it seems more acceptable than having to pay (at the bare minimum) a pound for someone to pass you a tissue.

GET A REAL JOB, PERSON.

Clown shoes.

I was going to post this pet hate the other week after spending an hour or to in Bar Society. It had been a while since I'd been in that kind of place at the weekend so I'd forgotten about it. They even switched off the hand dryer in the bogs. I tried completely ignoring the guy trying to hand me a towel and switched it on again but it still didn't work, so I was forced to use the towel in the end. Only gave him 50p though.

Seriously, I'm a grown up why can't I be trusted to dry my own hands after taking a piss?

At least they don't have it at gigs here, I seem to remember having to avoid the fuckers when I went to see Mastodon at the ABC in Glasgow.

At least they don't have it at gigs here, I seem to remember having to avoid the fuckers when I went to see Mastodon at the ABC in Glasgow.

I've never seen the 'toilet attendants' in Glasgow, which surprises me slightly.

However, they are really annoying. I don't want to mix my perfumes up thanks, and I also don't want to have to pay to dry my hands.

Also - the bright mornings. Why can I not have a long lie on a Saturday/Sunday? Is it too much to ask that the light doesn't shine in?

Buy blackout curtains/blinds. Let the rest of us enjoy this glorious sunshine.

I'm not disputing the sunshine. It's nice, particularly on a work morning, as it makes it easier to get up. But there's no sun this morning - just brightness. Which is worse because it leads you into a false sense of security!!

I hate little fuckers who live across the street and attempt to steal my scooter no less than three times over the course of a weekend. THREE TIMES!!!

And of course, they are under 16 so nothing will get done about it.

I give up. Vespa for sale. :down:

Toilet attendants.

I'm not normally the type that goes to these "style bars" (my own phrase) and whenever I return with old school friends or people that way inclined, I forget how much I resent having to pay for someone to pass me a wee white paper towl to dry my beautiful hands, and then spray some smelly shit in my face.

FUCK OFF, YOU CUNT, YOU'RE GETTING NO MONEY FROM ME BECAUSE YOUR JOB IS ALMOST LITERALLY A JOKE.

Like, if i go to one of these establishments I will literally wait until my group of friends want to leave and then take a leak in the street. I'm against doing that, but it seems more acceptable than having to pay (at the bare minimum) a pound for someone to pass you a tissue.

GET A REAL JOB, PERSON.

Clown shoes.

I was on a stagger on Friday which at one point took in the Star and Garter. I go to the toilet and there was an attendant! A fucking bog troll...in the fucking Star and Garter!!! There was no pristine towels handed out, just some kitchen roll with an Asda bag as a rubbish bin. Didn't check out the aftershave but pretty sure Hai Karate was on offer.

Could have been a random punter trying to make a cheeky coin mind you!

Guest idol_wild
Haha Phil 'Style Bar' is not your own phrase. Very common in the industry :p.

Yeah?

Oh well. I am a plagiarist!

Either way, my point stands. And while I am at it, I was 14.80 for two bottles of beer and two spirits with cola in Espionage last night.

I mean, seriously: what the absolute fucking fuck is that all about!? I can't believe people regularly pay that for drinks.

Yeah?

Oh well. I am a plagiarist!

Either way, my point stands. And while I am at it, I was 14.80 for two bottles of beer and two spirits with cola in Espionage last night.

I mean, seriously: what the absolute fucking fuck is that all about!? I can't believe people regularly pay that for drinks.

Haha yeah, you are right about toilet attendants. I rarely give them anything.

Toilet attendants.

GET A REAL JOB, PERSON.

Clown shoes.

Well said. I take great pleasure from being helped to wash and dry my hands while spraying myself with bottled (over-priced) joy, only to give these pesky little trolls absolutly nothing!!! If you expect me to give a pound to you every time I take a piss then I guess you must be cunted!? What amazes me is how many people do tip these toilet beggers. STOP TIPPING THEM!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!! I know people have to make a living and all that, but c'mon!!! The only reason someone would stand in a toilet all night helping grown adults wash their grubby little mits is the tips drunken sheep throw into their little silver-lined pockets (I bet they make a fucking fortune!). No tips, no bog-trolls, and we can all piss in peace! Done!

Just thinking about these fuckers has upset me :down:

Toilet attendants.

GET A REAL JOB, PERSON.

Clown shoes.

Terrific rant! I love that this thread is no longer a Pet Hates thread, and more of a Petty Gripes thread. I hate real problems and serious matters. Hating on people with shit jobs who annoy you is much better.

I just hate paying to piss or shit in general. Paying to use a public bog is just as dispicable, especially when you pay to get in and the place is a fucking shit tip. What is my 20p paying for? Cheap, arse ripping bog roll and piss soaked tiles. Cheers!

It's just not right. It's not optional, and you can now get fined by the bizzies if you piss in the street. They are all on the same side. Cock socks.

Toilet attendants.

GET A REAL JOB, PERSON.

Clown shoes.

"You must spread some reputation around before giving to idol_wild again."

I loved this rant, and all the proceeding sub-rants it triggered.

To chip in myself, anyone, and I mean anyone from any agency that stops me in the street when I have headphones in. It's surely a red flag that I'm not feeling particularly communicative. Also, the particularly 'zany' charity workers etc. who hold a big song and dance when people don't stop to talk to them.

Also, people who start a story about a night out by giving you an itemised list of everything they drank. I'm hard pressed to think of anything in the world I care less about.

Toilet attendants.

GET A REAL JOB, PERSON.

Clown shoes.

Racist!!!

To chip in myself, anyone, and I mean anyone from any agency that stops me in the street when I have headphones in. It's surely a red flag that I'm not feeling particularly communicative. Also, the particularly 'zany' charity workers etc. who hold a big song and dance when people don't stop to talk to them.

They are all just a collective shitstorm. Being leeched into giving money is such a poor show. I'm fully aware these charities exist, so I don't want to be guilted into coughing up a bit of change. If you don't have any cash with you, they'll happily take your bank details and DD it straight from your account... Are you fucking nuts? I'm supposed to give my account details to some unwashed, dreadlocked shitbasket on the street? I don't give a piss if you've got a clipboard and a name badge. You could be anyone, and you could go and buy youself a garden shed to grow your hemp in off Amazon with my details. Cock off.

I agree though. Headphones are like a stop sign for Clipboarders. I had some cheeky, zany geezer pull my ear phones out, as I walked past him a while back. He didn't follow it up, as I'm pretty sure my facial expression spelled out the word Murder.

When I was at college a few years ago, I was running for the bus, and one of those Gouranga chumps stuck his arm out to try and rake me in, but it turned into more of a clothes line. I just about ducked out of the way. I was pretty mortified though, and if I wasn't about to miss the bus, I would have kicked him through a window.

Urgh.

I'm supposed to give my account details to some unwashed, dreadlocked shitbasket on the street?

There is always one in the group who looks like Newton Faulkner. No idea exactly why that is.

Both the headphone and clothesline stories are pretty cringeworthy. Where the hell do they get off acting like that? The irony is that surely you'd be more inclined to give to a charity if the worker just kind of stopped you politely rather than doing something as glaringly obnoxious as that?