aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I think Sam's point was if you were named directly after him it should be the correct spelling? Possibly.

if I am named after him isn't purely on spelling it's on where my mum 7 dad fgot the idea to call me something surely?

My niece was named Jodie after me (where they got the idea) and it's spelled differently?

yip as I said in my post spelt differently on-line....Jody is the boys way of spelling it! Probalem with that...bring it up with the folks! ;)

(why do people on forums always try n prove you wrong, even about your own name and where it came from?)

Whoooa, Sorry Jodi, didn't mean to offend you....The good Captain saw my point...

Its just that if you say you were named after the racing driver.... then I posted how HIS name was properly spelt (and I didn't find it spelt any different online either, unless you're looking at some other Jodi Scheckter ??).... that's all

Check with your parents...maybe your named after a nerdy American businessman....

LOL.... just joking

as an aside.....

My surname only has 3 letters, and loads of twat's spell that wrong too....

kinda bugs me as well, having to spell it out most times.....

people who sit n constantly rustle in a cinema or keep checking their mobiles....can you nae spend 2 hrs without looking at it!!!

People who yap through films at the cinema - I did not pay to listen to you giggle at a sex scene, yap through parts where the characters are whispering or change seats constantly and restrict my view.

Last night when I went to see Underworld there were two groups of people I had to ask to be quiet, it's a bloody cinema! Granted, you can forgive a few mutterings but constant babble?

Yet when I ask politely, I get grumbles or "fuck off" in return.

one of my pet hates is people who quote family guy in real life.

i was in HMV once just browsing, and a couple of guys stand next to me and one of them was talking to his mates about stuff and instead of saying something like "what's going on?" or "what the hell?" He was saying "What the Deuce?" every 2 seconds!!!! ARGH! And trying to do it in Stewie's voice may I add...

A lad at my school used to always say "D'oh" or do the drooling sound, which just sounded like he was dry heaving since his mouth wasn't actually watering. Annoying as hell.

I hate stuff like that. I'm not a fan of obvious quotes from things. I especially hate it when a quote is used as some kind of comeback to a bit of ribbing, often trying to pass it off as their own wit.

Whoooa, Sorry Jodi, didn't mean to offend you....The good Captain saw my point...

Its just that if you say you were named after the racing driver.... then I posted how HIS name was properly spelt (and I didn't find it spelt any different online either, unless you're looking at some other Jodi Scheckter ??).... that's all

Check with your parents...maybe your named after a nerdy American businessman....

LOL.... just joking

as an aside.....

My surname only has 3 letters, and loads of twat's spell that wrong too....

kinda bugs me as well, having to spell it out most times.....

not offended that easily, but seems a bit of a pedantic reply to where my name came from, I didn't say they had spelled it correctly did I? and if you google Jodi Sheckter it comes up with Jody Sheckter...so to me that two different ways!

Maybe my folks were dyslexic or feeling the 70's all to well!

A lad at my school used to always say "D'oh" or do the drooling sound, which just sounded like he was dry heaving since his mouth wasn't actually watering. Annoying as hell.

I hate stuff like that. I'm not a fan of obvious quotes from things. I especially hate it when a quote is used as some kind of comeback to a bit of ribbing, often trying to pass it off as their own wit.

yeah, i know exactly what you are talking about.

Woteva, minga! Am I bovvered?

Till staff in supermarkets/shops who ring up a basket of shopping and leave the items sitting on the counter and either leave you to ask for a bag or ask if you want one in a pissed off tone of voice. Are they somehow penalised these days if they dish out too many bags? Do all till staff get some Green implant before being emplyed and are trying to save the planet?

This seems to be a recent thing since Markies started charging for placcy bags. Do I look like I can somehow carry a basket of shopping without a bag?

First Rail cancelling trains for a whole weekend and putting on buses instead which leave at completely different times to the scheduled trains and less frequently.

Till staff in supermarkets/shops who ring up a basket of shopping and leave the items sitting on the counter and either leave you to ask for a bag or ask if you want one in a pissed off tone of voice. Are they somehow penalised these days if they dish out too many bags? Do all till staff get some Green implant before being emplyed and are trying to save the planet?

This seems to be a recent thing since Markies started charging for placcy bags. Do I look like I can somehow carry a basket of shopping without a bag?

First Rail cancelling trains for a whole weekend and putting on buses instead which leave at completely different times to the scheduled trains and less frequently.

Yes save the planet and all that jazz. However, it is very very annoying when customers ask for a bag and all they're buying is a bottle of water and they look at you as though you're crazy when you act surprised when they want a bag.

Or till staff who only give you three bags when you ask for some bags, even though you have just done a massive shop... It really annoys me when, once you've used the three bags they glare when you have to ask for more.

If the supermarkets are trying to be "green" then why not supply paper bags? Surely that would be a much better option.

Does that mean you have to spread your sweet love around a bit before passing it my way again?

Hussy!

True man. I've tried to give you rep you've deserved three times now and it hasn't let me