aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Why's it so bad? There are a lot of English people and American people in Scotland, particularly in Aberdeen in the case of the latter. What you said was a bit sensationalist and xenophobic in my opinion, but if you could explain it a bit better it may not come across that way (which i'm sure it wasn't meant to).

What is so difficult to understand?! At no point did I say I had a problem with the accent on an English or American person... but on those who are from Scotland but appear to have English or American accents... and I'm not counting those who have parents from England or America.

Argh. A simple pet hate has turned into something ridiculous. Stop trying to pick an argument out of nothing.

What is so difficult to understand?! At no point did I say I had a problem with the accent on an English or American person... but on those who are from Scotland but appear to have English or American accents... and I'm not counting those who have parents from England or America.

Argh. A simple pet hate has turned into something ridiculous. Stop trying to pick an argument out of nothing.

See, you hadn't mentioned that you hadn't included people with English or American parents. Maybe if you'd said that first it wouldn't have been such an ambiguous statement. Thanks for clearing that up. Clearly you mean put-on accents. That's a completely different thing of course that i totally understand.

It's nice to know people don't start wetting themselves when they're asked to qualify a statement. Oh, wait...

People who are Scottish but have awful pseudo-English accents.
Clearly you mean put-on accents. That's a completely different thing of course that i totally understand.

I did say pseudo-English accents...

Anyway, you need to watch more awful MTV style American reality shows and then see the wannabes walking around various Scottish towns! :up:

I did say pseudo-English accents...

Anyway, you need to watch more awful MTV style American reality shows and then see the wannabes walking around various Scottish towns! :up:

Yeah, that's what i thought you meant but it was still a bit ambiguous and that's why i asked.

I've never let anyone's accent bother me that much really to be honest. If they want to look stupid aping an alien accent then that's not a problem in my eyes. I honestly can't think of an instance where i've met someone and they've been putting on an accent though.

Student who dress in trackies/shorts, polo shirts and flip flops in the height of winter. I hope to god their fucking feet fall off.

people who elongate the word banter with other hyperbole to create monstrosoties like banteriffic, bantertastik etc. most of these people and the people referred to above go to aberdeen uni.

:puke:

• Upvote 1

Student who dress in trackies/shorts, polo shirts and flip flops in the height of winter. I hope to god their fucking feet fall off.
No no girls who wear those silly Canterbury tracksuit bottoms with Ugg boots, please no.

I'm with you on both of these... and they're often combined with my other pet hate of fake American/English accents.

So basically everyone on a sports science degree at uni(I realise this is a slight exageration, but it's not really all that much).

Apologies if you're on a Sports Science degree and are not a dick.

Haha. I wouldn't say just sports science students. I fully accept the need for sportswear... but Ugg boots with trackies?! Seriously? Lol.

I think I might stop with my pet hates as I might end up getting in a real pickle.

Also... people who park on the street and leave so much space between them and the car in front and the car behind, but it's not quite big enough as a space... Just move forward a little bit.

people who elongate the word banter with other hyperbole to create monstrosoties like banteriffic, bantertastik etc. most of these people and the people referred to above go to aberdeen uni.

:puke:

I'm inbanterate. Surely anyone who shortens it to "'bant" also deserves to be strangled with their own small intestine?

Students who'll stand in a public place, a bus for example, and badmouth Aberdeen, usually in comparison with Edinburgh. Maybe you should've got the grades to go to Oxbridge or St. Andrews then, you glaikit private schooled cunt.

I'm inbanterate. Surely anyone who shortens it to "'bant" also deserves to be strangled with their own small intestine?

Students who'll stand in a public place, a bus for example, and badmouth Aberdeen, usually in comparison with Edinburgh. Maybe you should've got the grades to go to Oxbridge or St. Andrews then, you glaikit private schooled cunt.

Maybe you shouldn't be so predgidous against privately schooled people.

Though I agree with the rest of your post.

Maybe you shouldn't be so predgidous against privately schooled people.

Though I agree with the rest of your post.

I'm not prejudiced against them. I wait until they display what I view as cuntish traits before judging them to be cunts :) I just mentioned their having been privately educated because the people I was referring ot are folk from my course who I know went to Edinburgh private schools.

• Upvote 1

I think it was an exclusive distribution agreement at sainsburys for a certain period of time, but the deal will have then expired allowing the company to licence it into other stores/distributors

The business model for what he has done is very neat, extracting maximum revenues from all applications of the sauce (including restaurant chain deals, trademark litigation etc) and they got the business was running slick before the exclusive deal with sainsburys ended. Then slowly started introducing new products and doing the same with them. They combined this with an excellent pr campaign headed up by Levi personally.

the dragons are not idiots

Another gripe:

Aberdeen City Council. I pay what I consider to be extortionate Council Tax, so why is it so difficult to GRIT THE FUCKING PAVEMENTS WHEN IT'S FROSTY!!!???

Where's the fucking grit I've paid for?

I was out visiting my parents in Ellon over Christmas, and every square inch of path was gritted, why is so difficult to do this in town? Even worse are those brass stud things they put into the pavement to help the blind. Unfortunately they cause the pavement to be even more slippery...

• Upvote 1