aberdeen-music

Fifa 09

Soda Jerk

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I'v been a pro evo player for ages, but this year fifa is the boss. .

Ditto, whoever thought "I know, let's make Pro slow, clunky and give players absolutely no chance of producing realistic flowing play! OH! AND LET'S MAKE RIGHT STICK SOME SHITTY MANUAL PASS THING THAT PUNTS THE BALL OUT OF THE PARK INSTEAD OF TRICKS AND GIVE THEM NO OPTION TO CHANGE IT!!!!!" should be shot.

I've been a Pro Evo man for years, and now I've converted to FIFA. This year it's just so much better.

i have it for the wii

was on ea official forum and other gaming forums and its a common problem,millions of gamers have this problem and have even reported it to watchdog as ea have not replied with a reason or any way to resolve the problem,it does only seem to be with the wii and pc tho very few problems with x box or ps3

i shall have to stick to mario kart just now:up:

I've always been a pro ev fan over fifa, but after playing both 09 versions on my bro's X-box, I've completely changed my opinion... Fifa was great, and pro ev sucked balls.

Over christmas I played two seasons of manger mode on fifa, with Spurs (playing on the same team as my brother). It was on one of the harder difficulties. High points were beating chelsea 7 nil and back to back 11 - nil and 10 - 1 victories against Sunderland and (Leicester in the cup)

And signing Messi.

Halfway through my second season with the Dons, highlight so far was showing Inter how it's done in the group Stages of the ECC. 5-0 at the Giuseppe Meazza and 3-0 at "Town Park" or whatever the fuck they call the random ground that actually isn't a million miles away from being Pittodrie. Lee Miller, Darren Mackie and Zander Diamond are gods!

Since buying Pro Evo 2 I have never looked back. I've bought every Fifa up until 2003 and then abandoned it thinking it was pretty poor compared to PES. I think PES is awesome, and despite maybe not firing on all cylinders on next gen consoles yet, I've still played each game for hours and not had too many complaints. However, friends and game critics overall praise of Fifa's latest installment is starting to make me take note. I downloaded the demo and didn't enjoy it - 5 minute game, only got one half (so 2.5 mins of gameplay) and I found scoring in the loading screen bit bloody hard so I wasn't impressed. Now I'm contemplating renting the full game just to see what the fuss is, but is it worth it if I didn't enjoy the short demo and I'm still happy with PES?

is it worth it if I didn't enjoy the short demo and I'm still happy with PES?

Yes, you may be overlooking the badness of PES this year due to the novelty of Liverpool being one of the official teams, which for you is probably a major thing. Once you get used to the shooting in FIFA scoring goals becomes a lot easier, though I still can't score from further than 30 yards.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, you may be overlooking the badness of PES this year due to the novelty of Liverpool being one of the official teams, which for you is probably a major thing. Once you get used to the shooting in FIFA scoring goals becomes a lot easier, though I still can't score from further than 30 yards.

You need someone with good shooting stats to score from way out. Rooney, for some reason has the best shot and accuracy on the whole game (He tops the list if you search on the Transfers section for shot power and accuracy), and in the right place with as little challenge from defenders as possible, he can rifle it in from quite a distance, but it needs to have the right power. Just under the threshhold before it's due to sail over the bar.

I'm in my 4th season with Sheffield Wednesday. I won the Premier League last season but it ran close. Grinded out a difficult 1-0 win over Spurs, and luckily ManYoo lost or they would have taken top spot. I've got me upfront transferred over from the Be A Pro mode, alongside the Swedish Efflingnig, who came through the scouting report with a rating of 86 at the age of 17. He's going to be a star!

I've only got one original Wednesday player (excluding my created pro). Mark Beevers. Reliable centre half. Big and lanky n'all. Wins all the headers! Behind Micah Richards in the pecking order though.

God, I love Fifa.

• 4 weeks later...