aberdeen-music

Fifa 09

Soda Jerk

Still getting heaps of folk quitting when they are 2 or 3 nil down; which is really annoying.

When does this happen? At around 85 minutes?

I'm starting to suspect there's a bug in the netcode that causes this because I've had a few games with people on my friends list that have disconnected near the end of the game for no apparent reason.

Just last night my game with Dave ended prematurely after I'd scored a great goal in the 85th minute to put Juve 2-0 up against Barca.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When does this happen? At around 85 minutes?

I'm starting to suspect there's a bug in the netcode that causes this because I've had a few games with people on my friends list that have disconnected near the end of the game for no apparent reason.

Just last night my game with Dave ended prematurely after I'd scored a great goal in the 85th minute to put Juve 2-0 up against Barca.

Barca v Juve! C'mon it's all about the random matches, Port Vale v Ceske Budejovice!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got Live set up. Anyone fancy a game? After only 2 days, I'm fed up of playing abusive children who play as ManYoo and then quit when they go a goal or two down. I even sent one of these kids a message asking why he quit. He replied with "Shut up fagggg", so I don't really have the motiviation to start a quick ranked match. The effort is worthless if the cunt just goes and quits. It's populated by foul mouthed little cretins.

My gamertag is BrutusFire, and my team is Bayern Munich. I have a very unorthadox midfield set up, with Podolski on the right wing, but pushed up, to sit just behind Klose and Toni. He's not got much of a cross on him, or much of a right foot, but when he cuts inside, he can smash them in with his superb left. They either rifle through the net, or Klose or Toni are there to pick up the rebound. Smashing!

I tried a few games with Roma, but despite the blistering shot of Totti, they don't have much else in the way of assets. Bad in the air and just no pace at all.

Man City are a great side to be too. Robinho often drops back from crosses to catch it on the volley, and there's stacks of pace in Wright Phillips, Elano and Robinho.

Anyone up for a game?

I'll give you a game later in the week, as tonight/tomorrow/wednesday are crazily busy for work and playing football. I'll remember to add you next time i'm on. Think my gamertag is 'TonyCascarino'...

I've always found Bayern's defence to be really lacking pace, which is the team's only drawback. Great attacking team though, which has provided me with much joy... and wee kids much grief.

Quite enjoying Aston Villa at the moment. Carew is awesome, with Young and Agbonlahor not short of pace and finishing. Cuellar is surprisingly good too.

• 2 weeks later...

I've set up a little league if anyone wants to join? There's 8 places available, one occupied by me obviously, and I've sent a few invites out already. The idea is to keep it strictly 3 star and under teams. No Barca or ManYoo. No Ronaldo being the fastest man on earth. Just fat, wheezing semi professionals hoofing the ball up and down the field. Bad tackles, toe poked penalties and infuriatingly late reactions!

If you're interested, give me your gamertag and I'll invite you in. It's a good chance for you Dons fans to play as your team and not get trounced by some 12 year old playing as Brazil.

Get in!

I've set up a little league if anyone wants to join? There's 8 places available, one occupied by me obviously, and I've sent a few invites out already. The idea is to keep it strictly 3 star and under teams. No Barca or ManYoo. No Ronaldo being the fastest man on earth. Just fat, wheezing semi professionals hoofing the ball up and down the field. Bad tackles, toe poked penalties and infuriatingly late reactions!

If you're interested, give me your gamertag and I'll invite you in. It's a good chance for you Dons fans to play as your team and not get trounced by some 12 year old playing as Brazil.

Get in!

I'll be in for this. I'm not great but should give a decent game.

Gamertag: Skull Commander

*EDIT* providing it's the 360 version!

Yes, I'm playing Fifa on 360, not the Sony BBQ :up:

I'll invite you tonight. The invite appears in your Player Hub inbox rather than your Dashboard inbox. Apologies if that is stating the obvious but from the invites I've already sent out, nobody seems to be able to find them! :down: (because they were looking in the wrong place!)

I don't think anyone is gonna be great if everyone picks a shitty-to-average team, so it'll be fun and I imagine it'll be wide open for anyone to win. Mega!

I already included you in the figure even though I didn't get a definite yes from you :up: I was hoping to e-bully you into it. Maybe with a couple of friendly matches where I play terrible on purpose so you think you're dead good at Fifa and fancy your chances in the league!

:laughing:

Saying that though. I'm pretty crappy, and even worse with a shit team. Can't wait to get started!

I'm pretty sure you just go online and into the league menu and it says who is online and you play who you have left to play if they are online at the time. Alot of leagues seem to have teams with several games in hand because of this, but I guess that's better than having to set time aside to play a game at a certain time.

purchased at lunchtime today

i made the step to the darkside. I have been distinctly bored of PES in recent times and I played fifa on ps3 last week and it was class

roll on tonight!

You won't regret it. I'v been a pro evo player for ages, but this year fifa is the boss.

Quick tip:Use the second pad layout from the options, as it's very similar to pro evo and should make it easier.

I'm afraid so man. I hated it too, but I got used to it. Even though I'm used to it, I'd go back to the D-pad any day. The Xbox D-pad is very bad though. I hear they are supposed to be issuing a new controller with a better D-pad, but I dunno if it will come into fruition as most games don't even use it anymore.

It's first person shooters that I can't grasp, where I'm using two sticks and the back trigger buttons. I'm just shit at computer games. Except for Feefer. I'm less shit at that.

Tonight is the night! Dunno if any League games can happen tonight, as I have to wait for everyone to accept the invite. Hopefully it'll be rolling before the end of the week though. That's if the folks from Punktastic aren't playing Smackdown vs Raw or whatever gay burlesque sim is out at the moment.