aberdeen-music

Comedians

Have seen Richard Herring a few times but never Stewart Lee so I'm looking forward to his Aberdeen date.

My favorite lee and Herring is the Lionel Nimrod radio stuff - very funny.,

I remember seeing Lee and Herring years ago at the Music Hall during there Fist of Fun tour.

The audience consisted of me, my mate and about 5 other people.

They didn't really bother doing there act and just talked bollocks for an hour instead. (Wait?....Maybe that was there act?)

It was still good.

Edit: Maye it wasn't the music hall. It might have been at the Theatre. I can't remember.

I've just read through this thread and discovered Mitch Hedburg. Holyyyy shit. I've just spent the last few hours killing myself laughing. Him and Louis CK are discoveries thanks to this thread.

'I tried walking into Target and missed.'

Definetely 2 iof my favourites.

Mitch Hedberg

Doug Stanhope

Louis CK

Billy Connoly

Dylan Moran

in fact, im gonna stop or this list will get to big.

Went to some Edinburgh warm-ups while I was in London on Monday. Ended up seeing Danielle Ward, who I really enjoyed much to my surprise. A woman! Not talking about how shit men are! Or periods! Or generally being-a-woman type stuff! Imagine!

Thought throughout that she looked familiar and only realised when I got home that she was on Brooker's Newswipe. She was the one who came up with rebranding 'recession' as 'moneygeddon'.

Also saw Richard Herring who was on top form. Bumped into him at the bar later on and as I'd spent the day reading one of his books, it was in my bag so I got him to sign it. Really lovely man. Very small though.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Lucy Porter's preview show at the Fringe and it was mint. Very, very funny so thank you to whoever was bigging her up here as I wouldn't have gone otherwise.

I also went to see Danielle Ward who was mince. Tries too hard to be a bit like a female Russell Brand and comes across nothing like a 'Nick Cave album recited by a would-be Dorothy Parker'.

• 2 weeks later...
I also went to see Danielle Ward who was mince. Tries too hard to be a bit like a female Russell Brand and comes across nothing like a 'Nick Cave album recited by a would-be Dorothy Parker'.

Aww, I really like Danielle Ward purely 'cos she doesn't go for the whole "Oh, look at me, I'm a woman, I hate men and periods" thing that so many seem to do.

Was at the Fringe from Thursday-Saturday. On Thursday we saw Ro Campbell's 'Free and Freakin' Awesome' at Bannermans 'cos we were there for drinks anyway. It was free... it wasn't freakin' awesome though. Ro himself sort of relied on swearing too much and because of it was a bit dull. Gary Little was also on, who I didn't enjoy. The guy after him I really did like, but I couldn't make out his name 'cos the sound wasn't brilliant. He was from London, did a poem called 'Synonym' and it was just made of phrases and words that rhyme with the aforementioned one. He also spoke about amazon reviews and made me laugh. Wish I knew his name... After him was Mick Ferry who I recognised off that Michael McIntyre vehicle. He was alright, but didn't really seem to have much material prepared, weirdly...

Then we saw Trevor Lock, who I was really excited for, strangely. I honestly could not tell you anything he spoke about except the only appropriate time to ejaculate into a goldfish bowl, but I do remember laughing a lot. He's very fast and surreal and clever... and I may fancy him more than a little bit. (Also went to see his play, The One And The Many on Saturday afternoon. It was good. Philosophical and romantic, as it says on the flyers.)

Then Rhys Darby who was just incredibly charming and does an excellent impression of a Transformer. He also did a few characters who were very very funny. Odd to see that chortle haven't given him a very good review, but maybe they caught him on a bad night...

And finally, Stewart Lee. I don't have much to say, I just urge you to go and see him with every fibre of my being. He was everything I expected and more, which is definitely a good thing. Can't wait to see him again at the Music Hall, although I think a smaller venue suits him better...

Next week, David O'Doherty (again. Loooove!) and possibly Paul Foot. This post is much longer than I meant it to be.

I totally agree on Louis CK, that was a nice discovery, thanks to whoevers post it was I foud him through.

I can now share my favourite Dutch comedian with yous, seeing as he's doing shows in the UK now and someone's put the complete tv recording online.

He's really absurd/funy/extreme:

Let me know what yous think?

He got amazing reviews last year at Edinburgh. Tough thing for a non native english speaker. There's a great clip of him on youtube having an argument on Dutch TV with some self righteous Muslims accusing him of being racist because he makes jokes about Islam. Not sure I quite get his humour, or at least I'm not rolling around laughing, but I really like the guy.

I totally agree on Louis CK, that was a nice discovery, thanks to whoevers post it was I foud him through.

I can now share my favourite Dutch comedian with yous, seeing as he's doing shows in the UK now and someone's put the complete tv recording online.

He's really absurd/funy/extreme:

Let me know what yous think?

Once he started talking about genocide, the laughter began.

Aww, I really like Danielle Ward purely 'cos she doesn't go for the whole "Oh, look at me, I'm a woman, I hate men and periods" thing that so many seem to do.

She just seemed to be having a really off night by the looks of things. Don't think she got that many laughs out of the whole audience and she rushed away at the end.

I've got plans to go see a few acts when I'm down for my reading at the Book Festival. Gonna try and catch Alun Cochrane, Micky Flanagan, Zoe Lyons and Rich Hall. Debating about whether or not to go see Reginald D Hunter, worth it?