aberdeen-music

Comedians

I was watching Peter Kay last night, and chuckling heartily.

It occured to me that he is one of the only 'family friendly' comedians who is funny.

He manages to make me laugh at something like his memories of children playing in the school playground, where other comeians have to talk about something controversial, taboo, or just rude.

interesting. family friendly comedy - discuss.

Peter Kay is rank.

How to do your own Peter Kay routine.

"Here, remember *insert the name of some household object from the 70s*?

"What were all that about, eh? What were all that about?"

"Goodnight Bristol, you've been wonderful!"

*Walk off while dancing to that Amarillo song*

• Upvote 2

Peter Kay is rank.

How to do your own Peter Kay routine.

"Goodnight Bristol, you've been wonderful!"

*Walk off while dancing to that Amarillo song*

He was alright once upon a time but he's become a bit of a parody of himself I think. He's boring as fuck now.

Mitch Hedberg is the daddy, to be honest. It's all about the delivery.

Completely. He can actually make a joke that's not funny in the slightest hilarious. He can make jokes out of declarative statements. Fuck, he can even make not finishing his own jokes funny.

I love the use of the present tense in this post, as if you can't accept the fact he's gone.

He was without doubt one of the best.

The donut transaction bit he did was one of the funnies things ive ever heard..

Yeah I thought Ed Byrne was better last week than he was a couple of years ago. He was on superb form, I was doubled over in tears at the end from laughing.

Pissed off about the ticketing for it though, almost got caugt out by the ticket saying 8 o'clock, which I wrongly assumed was the doors time. Thought I'd turn up, get a pint at the bar and catch up with some others that I knew were going before settling down for the support. Only to get through the door just as the announcement comes over saying the show is about to start and on walks Ed Byrne. Great that we got a 2 hour + show instead of a support and an hour of the headliner but they really could have made it clearer that was going to happen.

I'd been worrying that I wouldn't enjoy it as I'd first thought due to watching the dvd a week before and not laughing much. But yeah, far better. I'd buy a dvd of this tour possibly before buying WAGs workout...

We were lucky as we presumed it'd mean doors open 8pm as well but just so happened to be wandering past early and saw people going in.

Alan Davies in the early 90's was as good a stand-up as I've ever seen. Saw him supporting Sean Hughes in a pub in Islington around about the time that Hughes had won the Perrier award, Davies stole the show. Saw him the Lemon Tree as well and he and his girlfriend joined us for a few drinks afterwards, a decent guy as well. unless you're a London down & out.

Looking forward to seeing Jerry Sadowitz at the lemon tree, his shows at the fringe the last 2 years have been superb.

I'm also a huge fan of Frank Sinner's stand-up.

I think I'm too old to get Russell Howard and suspect Michael McIntyre's dad being the UK's number 1 comedy promoter is not unrelated to his success.

and suspect Michael McIntyre's dad being the UK's number 1 comedy promoter is not unrelated to his success.

That's a little harsh, his stand up stuff I've seen on TV has been superb. Guess having your Dad able to lend a hand wouldn't hurt though.

I refused to like him for about two years because he inexplicably irritated me. A friend forced me into watching his dvd at Christmas time. I laughed quite a bit at it and have since admitted that "he's okay..."

According to his wikipedia..:

His Canadian father, Ray Cameron, was the producer, writer and director of The Kenny Everett Television Show and his part-Hungarian mother, Kati, was a dancer. McIntyre's parents divorced when he was seven, after which his father remarried and moved to Los Angeles. His father died of a heart attack when McIntyre was 17.

Yeah I thought Ed Byrne was better last week than he was a couple of years ago. He was on superb form, I was doubled over in tears at the end from laughing.

Pissed off about the ticketing for it though, almost got caugt out by the ticket saying 8 o'clock, which I wrongly assumed was the doors time. Thought I'd turn up, get a pint at the bar and catch up with some others that I knew were going before settling down for the support. Only to get through the door just as the announcement comes over saying the show is about to start and on walks Ed Byrne. Great that we got a 2 hour + show instead of a support and an hour of the headliner but they really could have made it clearer that was going to happen.

I really enjoyed it, my sister was the one asked about Hostel movie ha ha...funnily enough when we were at the break her other half was saying 'well I should have said....' ha ha

Saw him in Lemon Tree few years back and he was good then too :)

I love the use of the present tense in this post, as if you can't accept the fact he's gone.

He was without doubt one of the best.

The donut transaction bit he did was one of the funnies things ive ever heard..

I can't accept the fact he's gone. Everytime I discover a shitty video recorded on some students phone with bad picture and worse sound that has a new joke I hadn't heard before, I fucking ruin myself with excitement.

It's ashame they took down those videos of him with the sparkler and dealing with a heckler. They were genius.

According to his wikipedia..:

His Canadian father, Ray Cameron, was the producer, writer and director of The Kenny Everett Television Show and his part-Hungarian mother, Kati, was a dancer. McIntyre's parents divorced when he was seven, after which his father remarried and moved to Los Angeles. His father died of a heart attack when McIntyre was 17.

My apologies to Mr. McIntyre if that's the case, I was told his dad was Phil McIntrye and didn't think to question it. Still don't think he's funny enough to be playing exhibition centre type venues though. Takes all sorts though.